MARTIN STONE V SAMOA JOE (IPWUK RETURN OF THE DRAGON)

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

MARTIN STONE V SAMOA JOE (IPWUK RETURN OF THE DRAGON)

Postby Brad Styles » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:11 am

Now alot of the people here on the fourm have anything good to say about Stone. Well i do. it was 20/3/05. The place.........where els than where the up and comming PWG show is being held....... THE IPW HALLS, Orpington. The match was part of a 3 person round robin. The workers where Spud, Martin Stone and Samoa Joe. Now both men had totally killed spud in there matchs with him. But what was to come next would lead to a IPW:UK Dream rematch Match.

The match would go to a fall 20 min draw. But the match was of the hook with the crowd being split down the middle. This is where Stone gain some funs and some respect. When the bell went at the end of the fall 20 mins the crowd chanted for 5 more mins. But we did not get these 5 more mins. The nest thing is we here that TNA has made a deal with Joe to wrestle for them. With that we thought we will never see the dream rematch ever again.........................................

Then comes PWG. Then Stone gets added to the card. Now all is needed is the dream rematch. So please PWG give the fans a rematch that we could love to see in the UK, in the IPW HALLs. Give us are 5 more mins.

BRAD NIXON ( A KID WITH A DREAM)

P.S: THE JOE/STONE MATCH HAS NEVER BEEN MADE IN TO A DVD. ITS BEEN LOST SO PLEASE GIVE US THE CHANCE TO SEE IT ONE MORE TIME AND HOPEFULLY AGAIN AND AGAIN.
:!:
Brad Styles

Postby Aaron » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:24 am

Martin Stone on the PWG show! Friggin' awesome, just awesome.

And no Jack Evans? Talk about WIN-WIN!!

The show just got a whole lot better.

Brad - normally we're chanting against each other for Stone's matches. Might make an exception for this night ;)
Aaron

Postby jamianity » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:54 am

I have to disagree about Joe Vs Stone, I would actually say it was one of the worst matches I have seen from either wrestler. Also the result was obvious due to Atkins shouting out how long was left.
jamianity

Postby JustJay » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:58 pm

I was at the show too, but I disagree with Jamianity...it wasn't an outstanding match, but it did a great job of putting over Stone as someone who can match up equally with Joe (they're about the same size, for someone who's never seen a pic of Martin.) However, we all know PWG Euro Star SPUD vs. Joe was the real showstealer. Spud gave Joe the toughest 4 minutes of his life.

Anyway, Martin Stone is a great mobile big man and I'm looking forward to hearing about his match with Reyes, because I think they'll produce something high-quality.

Speaking of "Return of the Dragon," did that show EVER get released on DVD? I know there were tons of problems with it, like rumors about them actually LOSING the master footage and stuff.
JustJay

Postby jamianity » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:05 pm

It put Stone over but they could of done it without giving away the ending to the match.
jamianity

Postby Aaron » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:01 am

SuplexMonthlyJay wrote:Speaking of "Return of the Dragon," did that show EVER get released on DVD? I know there were tons of problems with it, like rumors about them actually LOSING the master footage and stuff.

Nope, it still hasn't been produced. That's also what I heard re: footage being 'misplaced'.
Aaron

Postby wcw4life » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:14 am

i was told that out of the 3 cameras they used to film the event, 1 cameras footage cnnot be found.

you can still make a good show with a 2 camera edit

(i was at that event as well, and it was a great event. my dad got hit by el generico after he dived over the top rope. cracked rib from that.
and this event was one day after the international showdown event in coventry, i was at that as well. just a great weekend of wrestling)
wcw4life

Postby Brad Styles » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:55 pm

Man i think we got a lil thing coming the 19/2. peeps sign my petition http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/STONEVJOE2 also join my site wwchat.tk.
Brad Styles

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum