PWG 2005 Awards!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby astro_zombie » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:54 pm

Chivo wrote:Tag Team Of The Year: Arrogance

Mostly because of their awesome offense, their awesome matches, and Bosh's awesome racism.

Bosh's racism IS awesome... :lol:
astro_zombie

Postby Mark of the Dragon » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:32 am

It's A Bomb wrote:
MrPWG wrote:
It's A Bomb wrote:I fail to see the point in paying to see a wrestling event that features no wrestling.

The point is to pay our respect to the hard working Wrestlers of PWG. It could even be a 2 Night thing. Night One the Awards, Night 2 The Matches. Normally for 2 Nights they Charge $20 for 1 Night and $30 for both. I say up the Charge for the 2-Night Ticket to $50 and the ONLY WAY to go to the Award Show is to buy the 2-Night Ticket. Otherwise, buy the one night for the matches.

That's possibly the worst idea ever mentioned on this board, even worse than any show title name that has been suggested before. The fact that you would make people pay even more money just to hear people talk is terrible. It's a good thing you're not a promoter, because if you used this idea you'd lose a shitload of money. I'm all for paying respect to the wrestlers, and the best way I do it is by buying the DVDs, buying tickets, shirts, and whatever else they have to offer in whatever way I can. There is no need for having an event that features no wrestling.

The only way I could see it happening without upping the Price of the Show/Shows (if it's done on a two night deal), or lose wrestling altogther, would be to open the doors 2 or 3 hours earlier and have the award show before the wrestling event takes place. that way We the Fans can show our respects to the wrestlers for there hard work throught the year. Not only that but the prospect of a run in or two during the awards would be awsome. Can you just Picture haveing Steen & Dragon G-Warfare II in there Tuxes!. That shit would be crazy!!..
Mark of the Dragon

Postby astro_zombie » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:10 am

Mark of the Dragon wrote:
It's A Bomb wrote:
MrPWG wrote:
It's A Bomb wrote:I fail to see the point in paying to see a wrestling event that features no wrestling.

The point is to pay our respect to the hard working Wrestlers of PWG. It could even be a 2 Night thing. Night One the Awards, Night 2 The Matches. Normally for 2 Nights they Charge $20 for 1 Night and $30 for both. I say up the Charge for the 2-Night Ticket to $50 and the ONLY WAY to go to the Award Show is to buy the 2-Night Ticket. Otherwise, buy the one night for the matches.

That's possibly the worst idea ever mentioned on this board, even worse than any show title name that has been suggested before. The fact that you would make people pay even more money just to hear people talk is terrible. It's a good thing you're not a promoter, because if you used this idea you'd lose a shitload of money. I'm all for paying respect to the wrestlers, and the best way I do it is by buying the DVDs, buying tickets, shirts, and whatever else they have to offer in whatever way I can. There is no need for having an event that features no wrestling.

The only way I could see it happening without upping the Price of the Show/Shows (if it's done on a two night deal), or lose wrestling altogther, would be to open the doors 2 or 3 hours earlier and have the award show before the wrestling event takes place. that way We the Fans can show our respects to the wrestlers for there hard work throught the year. Not only that but the prospect of a run in or two during the awards would be awsome. Can you just Picture haveing Steen & Dragon G-Warfare II in there Tuxes!. That shit would be crazy!!..

this continues to sound like a crappy plan
astro_zombie

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:01 pm

Match of the Year:

1 tie. Super Dragon Vs. Kevin Steen - Guerrilla Warfare
1 tie. Arrogance Vs. AXP - Masks Vs. Titles
3. Chris Bosh Vs. Kevin Steen - ASW2 Night 2
4. AJ Styles Vs. Samoa Joe - ASW Night 1
5. Super Dragon Vs. Samoa Joe - All Nude Revue

Honorable mention: Basically everything else

Wrestler of the year:

1. Super Dragon
2. El Generico (Beside Super Dragon, I don't think anyone had a better track record. He's had numerous show stealing matches. Pretty every match he had (aside from the Daniels match) was good to great. I think he deserves some recognition for that)
3. Chris Bosh
4. Kevin Steen
5. Scott Lost

Tag Team of the year
1. Arrogance
2. Two Skinny Black Guys
3. The AXP
4. Super Dragon/Davey Richards
5. Disco Machine and Excalibur

Show of the year:
1. BOLA Night 2
2. Astonishing X-Mas
3. All Star Weekend Night 1
4. All Star Weekend Two: Night 2
5. Chanukah Chaos (The C's Are Silent)

WORST show of the year:

A friend and I were debating which was the worst PWG show of the year. And darned if we could come up with a single show to mention. A true testiment to the incredible year PWG has had.

Worst Match of the Year:
Dragon Solider B/PUMA Vs. Havana Pitbulls - ASW Night 1: I've been to just about every PWG show, and never once have I wished a match would just end already... until I saw this. Probably not the worst match in PWG History... but my least favorite (at least Oven Mits, Morgan, Corino had a droll appeal)

CHARLES MERCURY Match of the year:
Charles Mercury Vs. Scott Lost - Smells Like...

Honorable mention: Chuck Mercury/Ronin/Ballards Vs. Disco Machine/Excalibur/Hook/Top Gun Talwar - Ernest P. Worrell Memorial

PWG Newcomer of the year:
Davey Richards

Honorable metions: Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley.

Feud of the Year:
Super Dragon Vs. Kevin Steen

Honorable Mention: Scott Lost Vs. Scorpio Sky/AXP-Arrogance
TigerDriver98

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum