PWG: European Vacation Night 2 Ongoing results....

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby Slappy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:31 am

I haven't watched any FWA wrestling since it was first on TV on Bravo (I think) but she reminded me of the FWA Ring Announcer. I can't remember her name, but I think she was at the show last night as well.
Slappy

Postby HBAndy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:38 am

Slappy wrote:
dude1971 wrote:
And where were you lot all sat then? Were you the front row infront of the IPW crowd that stood up at the back? And is the big carrot haired dude on this forum? I was the guy that offered a handshake to Joey Ryan and he gave me grief for it.

Was this you dude?

You must have been sitting next to me Slappy. I was the guy in the El Generico t-shirt and who's sitting next to the guy in the red hoody.

I apoligise if I was annoying a bit but I had a Whale of a time.
HBAndy

Postby Slappy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:41 am

Ha no you weren't annoying at all, I had no problem with everyone enjoying themselves. I didn't even mind that ginger kid untill he brought up the "Swinging Mr Peepers driver" :roll:
Slappy

Postby Wardy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:43 am

Ah HBAndy was infront of me in the El Gen Shirt.

Sorry if i was shouting in your ear!

you probably saw me (in the IP f'n W shirt right behind you) I was representin for IPDub lol
Wardy

Postby HBAndy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:44 am

Wardy wrote:Ah HBAndy was infront of me in the El Gen Shirt.

Sorry if i was shouting in your ear!

you probably saw me (in the IP f'n W shirt right behind you) I was representin for IPDub lol

Cool to put a name to a face :)
HBAndy

Postby ukbanth » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:17 am

@HBAndy

thats the dude allright :)

i was sitting next to him :o
ukbanth

Postby Johnny Vicious » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:53 pm

I think I must.ve been behind you two on the third row. I was wearing a Jonny Storm T-shirt, and was sitting with my friend in a TNA shirt and my brother, who was pretty difficult to miss in his Blue Panther mask :lol: . The show was awesome, match of the night for me was Steen vs Generico, with AJ vs. Jody being a very close second.

Please come back PWG!!!
Johnny Vicious

Postby HBAndy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:41 pm

ukbanth wrote:@HBAndy

thats the dude allright :)

i was sitting next to him :o

Hello dere, I was on your right, right?
HBAndy

Postby ukbanth » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:09 am

@Johnny

Yep you were behind us allright - remember the lil kid in the mask !

@HBAndy im the guy to the right of thedude, black t-shirt just in that pic :) So i think you would have been on our left
ukbanth

Postby dude1971 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:52 am

Can I just point out that Joey Ryan is totally checking me out and ignoring the cute chick with the camera, so our chants of "He's a rent boy" were correct!

I'll post my pics later, probably on a new thread to avoid this one becoming too long! And thanks for taking that picture, made my day 8)

The Dude
dude1971

Postby HBAndy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:27 pm

ukbanth wrote:@Johnny

Yep you were behind us allright - remember the lil kid in the mask !

@HBAndy im the guy to the right of thedude, black t-shirt just in that pic :) So i think you would have been on our left

I speak to you guys at every IPW show. Its me Andy. Stephen and Andrew right?

Hope I'm not wrong... :oops:
HBAndy

Postby Rish To The Rosh » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:59 am

OMG! Long review of the show. Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!

Yeah, superb show and an experience I'll never forget. To see my favourite wrestling promotion live was awesome and something I never want tainted. I'd go as far to say that the live experience was better than both shows Id been to previously combined (Universal Uproar and International Showdown), but that's mainly to do with my love for PWG, and most will now think I'm a lunatic fanboy. Honestly, anybody who was off to this show solely for the big names like AJ, Joe and Strong; I feel sorry for you. But, I hope that what you saw on Sunday night motivated you to check out much more PWG goodness.

It's official folks; Ronin punches AJ Styles in the dick repeatedly. Kevin Steen cannot work flashes on camera's. Dino Winwood > Silly IPW:UK DVD salesman. Scorpio Sky has better abdominal muscles than anyone that has even lived, including Jesus, and me. PWG PWNZ(~!) Samoa Joe. Mistico wants to be El Generico. Kenta Kobashi's chops cannot match Super Dragon's or Kevin Steen's. Chris Bosh likes to bite nipples. And finally, when PWG set out to put on an enjoyable wrestling show, they damn well do it in spades!

I was sat front row about 2 seats to the right of Dino Winwood, being front row really made the show much better and made me appreciate what they do in the ring. We started off with the best show opening multi-man comedy spotfest in PWG history, fact. Spud and Maayan (Or is it Mayyan? Help...) helped the match in terms of high risk spots, and it was rather formulaic, but the comedy spots were all hilarious. Tits The Blow Up Doll doing a SICK twisting hurracanrana to Disco was quite arguably the best move I've ever witnessed. Disco's dancing was better than I could ever expect. My chant of "Chipotle" was met with silence sadly. GOD DAMMIT!!!

Reyes/Stone was alright, but a little short. Both seem to wrestle the same style of wresting, being strong powerhouses and all that, and there was no real heel/face divide (Can be said for all matches, but this was the worst), but still a solid stiff grapple. Stone hasn't done anything to impress me, and Strong/Reyes would have made me orgasm, while a Rocky Romero appearance would have made me die in enjoyment probably. Ricky Reyes > Ginger headed smarks aptly known as 'carrot tops'

I was expecting lots from Sky/Quicksilver, and if it had gone about 5 more minutes, I would have gotten exactly what I wanted. Still, it was a great match with some excellent counters/reversals and several of the exchanges were tremendous. Sky's dominance was very good and Quicksilver's comebacks were really impressive. Both men were on fire, not literally I don't think, and with 5 more minutes it could have been the shiat, and more. Sky reversing out of the side headlock into an arm bar then looking at his abs, breaking the hold and screaming out "OH MY GOD! Look At My Abs!!" was just too funny to say it was illogical in a wrestling match. Seriously, has he possessed Chris Masters body or what? If he had applied at full nelson submission at any point, that would have broke the umbilical cord of God. No lie.

Kazarian/Simmon was overshadowed by Simmons heel heat unfortunately, but it wasn't much of a match really, seemed filler, but still decent none-the-less. I have no idea why Simmons was so hated, nor do I want to know, but I did partake in the "Prick" chants, and I don't really like him at all. Seeing The Wave To The Future live was cool, and Kazarian looked less sloppy than usual, hope he comes back to TNA when possible.

PWG Title match just before intermitting between Ryan and Storm made me laugh. Not because I thought that match was so bad it was funny, but because a) Joey Ryan/Joeh Ryon is the F'n man and b) They don't have to rely their main title match to carry the show out on a high. It was a good match, but seemed to really be getting going when it was ended. I was sure they'd so a similar finish that they did in Germany the night before, but it was just an old cocaine to the eyes and DQ for the wrong man. Joey's pre match promo was funny and funni, I felt like shouting out "Is that Ben Stiller" but opted against it. Joey is a heel to be proud, he never uses cheap heat, NEVER! He does, however, take it up the ass like the rent boy that he is. I shouted out "Retard" when he was getting in the ring as he couldn't turn the mic on, Dino let out a big one second laugh, Joey just ignored me. I wanted him to get in my face and be a total heel though, it'll happen someday, I guarantee it. Obvious who was going to win, but Ryan and Storm made something entertaining out of it, and with 5-10 more minutes, could have been right up there, wherever that may be.

Intermission over, and we're onto the match I was most looking forward to; Kevin Steen Vs. El Generico. It's safe to say this blew every other match they've had out of the water, over the grass, down the road and into non existence! Seriously, this is as enjoyable a match gets for me, being there live added another astounding dimension to it. These 2 have so much chemistry together it's unreal. Steen dominating the match with his impactful and innovative ways was magnificent to watch, and Generico's bursts of offence were great, practically every single one of their exchanges were hella fun. A lorra lorra fun they were, it's not even subjective. The flow of the match was handled well, and Steen apparent "sloppy execution" was no where to be seen from my point of view, although he seems to be bulking up/stacking on the pounds. The thrilling near falls at the end nearly had me in relapse, and the "This Is Awesome" chant was fully deserved, chop his face! I actually offered Steen some of the power/cocaine left in the bad to ease his hand pain, but he opted against it. A few men standing at Steen's entrance (Me included obviously), everyone standing at the end. Fantastic overall live match, I really hope it holds up well on DVD, it'd be a real shame if not. Mr. Steen is now officially the most popular person for bandwagon jumpers, I just hope he doesn't forget all those dedicated fans that wanted to marry him all the way back in 2004, like me. MOTN for enjoyment factors easily, I went over to Steen after the show and told him how much this match and he as a wrestler meant to me, I was almost crying. Well, maybe not that extreme, but I think he was actually.

That's it, AJ Styles is the most repetitive, stale and predictable wrestler to ever exist. Every spot he set up for, I could predict what it was. It was disheartening, as he easily got the biggest pop of the night for his entrance, while I sat there getting up slowly clapping sluggishly. I was totally on Fleisch
Rish To The Rosh

Postby bispham Seasider » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:05 am

Well this is now my third attempt to keep an account on the forum, hopefully this time it won't mysteriously dissapear!

Nothing much to add other than it was a superb show from start to finish, and so great to see all the PWG guys live.

Looking forward to a return of PWG sometime to the Orpington Halls.
bispham Seasider

Postby thesuffering » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:42 am

I Know you didn't wanna know but I thought i'd fill you in anyway

Simmonz has heat because he decided to Shoot on the Smart Marks the night before (on the ipw:uk show) alot of the chants were lead by my evil group of rebels lol who were sat in the back row shouting

The prick deserved all of his heat lol

God PWG please come back... How could you make me go Cold Turkey like this...

I need another hit!!!!

Joe
thesuffering

Postby Aaron » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:35 am

Some more on Andy Boy's heat (others will want to know why when they see the DVD and think "OMFG, this heat is unreal"):

The day before he started as a babyface. He shooted on me before his match quoting a post I made on the internet. (Yup, how sad is that!) Then he had a match with Martin Stone and was generally booed as martin has a lot of support, despite being a heel. After the match Simmonz slapped a fan (who was certainly not a plant) full on in the face. He then attacked another fan (who was probably a plant). The he ripped on the "smart marks" in the audience saying we weren't real wrestling fans etc, etc.

He gets booed as a face by a small number of people because, well, they think he's shit. Simmonz can't handle that he isn't universally cheered by everyone when he is facing someone more entertaining. . and went mental.

We weren't expecting to see someoen who legit hit a fan the day before on the show. The heat is straight-up hatred from a lot of people and that feuls the crowds vitriol against him.

Hope that's clear. Basically, his character is now that of a hypocritically mark who sucks. He's a PRICK!
Aaron

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum