AJ Styles

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

AJ Styles

Postby dude1971 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:24 am

Was he trying to be a heel on the UK show? When a TNA chant started he said that PWG and TNA are on the same side and that Germen fans didn't get it, but his attitude and facial expressions were a throwback to TNA in 2003 when he was with Vince Russo. He didn't slap hands or high five anyone on the way to ringside, miserable git!

What did you guys think?

The Dude
dude1971

Postby Aaron » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:07 am

Firstly, anyone who chants TNA at a PWG show is being an idiot. Secondly, anyone that then tries to start a duel chant having PWG against TNA at a TNA show is a cunt and AJ was right to shoot that down.

As for AJ being a heel, he was his usual self. To me, he acts like a heel all the time. He poses like a heel, has heelish expressions, looks like a heel, spits and cusses at fans. . . he's a heel that doesn't cheat and does flash moves IMO!

Oh, I'd be the one who was loud for the whole show and muted for the AJ match. Also, people should cheer for Jody against the foriegners for crying out loud!!
Aaron

Postby dude1971 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:21 am

I've probably got you on the footage that I got of Jody landing on AJ right infront of you then.

I'm kind of split about AJ as his matches against Joe in TNA have been great but he's almost a TNA version of Cena (who I loathe). But seeing him shilling his t-shirts by the doorway on the way out made me pity him a ittle bit, how much is TNA paying him if he has to do that!

:oops:

The Dude
dude1971

Postby Big Joe » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:43 am

How in the name of god is AJ the TNA version of Cena? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heart, and I post at CZWfans.
Big Joe

Postby dude1971 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:01 am

"That's the most retarded thing I've ever heart, and I post at CZWfans."

Yes, but I spell check my posts Big Joe! :lol:

As for my comment, let me explain. AJ is over with the kids and ladies, but is not liked by the guys, hence a chant of "break his leg" in his match with Samoa Joe recently. Same as Cena, liked by kids but loathed by the guys.

The Dude
dude1971

Postby Wardy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:21 am

AJ is a well decent bloke

I had my pic took with him and he signed a photo i bought with me. I bought a T-Shirt though. Not many people have bought an AJ T-Shirt off of the man himself!

Shook his hand on the way out as well.

He is one of my all time favourite wrestlers and i think by the talk on the mic at the end of the AJ/Jody match you could tell he wasnt trying to be heel. He was saying how good Jody is. Heel people dont usually say how good their opponents are.
Wardy

Postby Bastian » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:45 am

dude1971 wrote:AJ is over with the kids and ladies, but is not liked by the guys

Yeah, that's why he is voted Mr. TNA every single year :roll:
Bastian

Postby RM Punk » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:03 am

Bastian wrote:
dude1971 wrote:AJ is over with the kids and ladies, but is not liked by the guys

So he wins by a landslide?
RM Punk

Postby dude1971 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:11 am

The Dudleys won Tag Team of the year, that doesn't say much!

The Dude
dude1971

Postby Big Joe » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:18 am

dude1971 wrote:"That's the most retarded thing I've ever heart, and I post at CZWfans."

Yes, but I spell check my posts Big Joe! :lol:

As for my comment, let me explain. AJ is over with the kids and ladies, but is not liked by the guys, hence a chant of "break his leg" in his match with Samoa Joe recently. Same as Cena, liked by kids but loathed by the guys.

The Dude

Its not that the guys HATE AJ...its that they LOVE Joe. As the one person on this board who actively watches TNA and doesn't shit all over anything, I can safely say that AJ is surely not TNA's version of Cena...Cena is an ABYSMAL wrestler, AJ is the opposite.
Big Joe

Postby ukbanth » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:28 am

I think your missing the point ;)

I don't think it was ever a discussion about in-ring skill but merely the fan reaction, No one as far as i can see ever said AJ was a bad wrestler

btw Cena does suck :twisted:
ukbanth

Postby dude1971 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:32 am

I only watch TNA as well Big Joe. And I really think that most male fans of TNA hate AJ. It's got nothing to do with their wrestling skills, or lack thereof in Cena's case.

The Dude
dude1971

Postby Wardy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:33 am

AJ was my favourite wrestler anyways before i met him and now i have met him it just makes me cheer him more.

Im glad he was a nice bloke because some people you would meet and they wouldnt be your favourite any more but i just like him more now.
Wardy

Re: AJ Styles

Postby Slappy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:21 am

dude1971 wrote:Was he trying to be a heel on the UK show? When a TNA chant started he said that PWG and TNA are on the same side and that Germen fans didn't get it, but his attitude and facial expressions were a throwback to TNA in 2003 when he was with Vince Russo. He didn't slap hands or high five anyone on the way to ringside, miserable git!

What did you guys think?

The Dude

Didn't AJ stop and say what he said because of some fan trying to be "smart"
In Germany, the fans chanted TNA Sucks, so when someone mentioned it, he rightly shot them down.

AJ was great, whenever I talked to him through the night he seemed like a nice guy.
Slappy

Postby Captain Howdy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:29 am

I thought AJ was a class act at the PWG show!
I saw him signing items for no charge at the fanfest, when he obviously has his photos there to make money on!

He was also very happy to pose with people for pics, and hung out chatting with people aftewards!

As for men not liking him, well thats not what I saw last night!
Captain Howdy

Postby Aaron » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:42 am

Bastian wrote:

The chant when AJ picked up the award this year was: JOE GOT SCREWED.
Aaron

Postby Wardy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:12 am

Captain Howdy wrote:I thought AJ was a class act at the PWG show!
I saw him signing items for no charge at the fanfest, when he obviously has his photos there to make money on!

He was also very happy to pose with people for pics, and hung out chatting with people aftewards!

As for men not liking him, well thats not what I saw last night!

Yeah i bought a picture of him with me and he signed it for free, but i had to buy a T-Shirt before he would have a picture with me.

Didnt mind though because its not like its everyday you meet AJ Styles!
Wardy

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:08 pm

Big Joe wrote:As the one person on this board who actively watches TNA and doesn't shit all over anything, I can safely say that AJ is surely not TNA's version of Cena...Cena is an ABYSMAL wrestler, AJ is the opposite.

I have to disagree. I think I'm the only person here with a real negative view on TNA, everyone just rides my jock. And I think AJ has grown really stale within the past year.

As far as the topic goes, anyone who chants TNA at a PWG show(or any non-TNA show) is a fucking idiot. Negative chants are cool and all, because they add a fun element to the show and puts over PWG really well in the eyes of fans.
SoCalAndy

Postby dxreydx » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:31 pm

AJ is a good wrestler and you don't realize how good these guys are until you watch a company with bad wrestlers and wrestling on it.
dxreydx

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:48 pm

That is a terrible point you just made.
SoCalAndy

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum