PWG's "The Hollywood Globetrotters" on March 4!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG's "The Hollywood Globetrotters" on March 4!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:37 am

PWG Presents "The Hollywood Globetrotters" on Saturday, March 4!
By Silverback, PWG Staff Writer

Mammoth Lakes, CA - When the staff of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla ( http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com) returned to the office on Tuesday after our European Vacation, it was determined that the first order of business would be a nap. After the nap and some shuffling around, the mini fridge was opened, and quickly shut, because all that was in there was 2 week old Chinese food and a jar of relish. With nothing to eat, it was decided that we should call it a day, and get back to work first thing on Wednesday. On Wednesday morning, someone got around to checking the messages, and for some reason, Scott Lost had been calling the office all day Monday (and probably Tuesday, but the phone was unplugged to maximize nap time.) Sometime Wednesday afternoon, someone actually listened to the messages, and it turns out that Scott's bags, which contained his passport, clothes, and money, were either lost (funny) or stolen (not as funny, but still funny.) As it happens, Scott's tag team with WWE Superstar Paul London was "Lost In London," making the whole situation funny on so many different levels. Rest assured PWG is expending as little energy as possible to help Scott through this difficult time, so if you do see him aimlessly wandering the streets, please be sure to throw a few quid his way.

Despite the jet lag, lost Scott Lost, and moldy fried rice, PWG Commissioner Dino Winwood has been hard at work since returning from Europe, crafting the finest wrestling event possible for you, the original PWG fans, hailing from the greater Los Angeles area. While the fact remains that fans from all over the world will end up seeing this event, Dino wants to give back to the fans of Southern California first. That is why PWG's next event in SoCal, "The Hollywood Globetrotters," taking place Saturday, March 4, 2006 at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC, will feature:

PWG Championship Match
Joey Ryan (c) vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen - PWG Champion Joey Ryan has had a record number of challengers for his title, yet by hook or by crook, he will walk into "The Hollywood Globetrotters" with the belt around his waist. First, he defeated "Photogenic" Chris Bosh, and former PWG Champions AJ Styles and Kevin Steen at February 4th's "Permanent Vacation/CSTC2." Then he went on to defeat "Tremendous" Emil Sitoci in Essen, Germany, and "Wonderkid" Jonny Storm in Kent, England, which would be an astounding accomplishment if he had actually come away with a clean victory each time. However, of all the men Joey defeated in February, there is only one man he didn't pin, and that man is Kevin Steen. Steen was disqualified in the 4-Way Elimination match, and even though the referee's decision is final, Commissioner Winwood can take specific actions to rectify past indiscretions, which he will do so on March 4th, when Kevin Steen gets his second chance at Joey Ryan and the PWG Championship.

PWG Tag Team Championship Match
Super Dragon & Davey Richards (c) vs. Jack Evans & Roderick Strong - Fans of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla have seen the team of Dragon & Richards go from a chaotic mess to a well oiled machine, liberally dispensing pain and defending their titles all over the world. However, Dragon & Richards did not face what potentially could have been their toughest challenge to date, Christopher Daniels & AJ Styles in "The Dream Match That Was Never Meant To Be." With Daniels recently suffering a knee injury, this match had to be put on the back burner, but that did allow for new discussion of who else should challenge the unstoppable duo. After talking with fans and reviewing hours upon hours of footage, one team clearly presented themselves to Commissioner Winwood, not only as fan favorites, but as worthy challengers to the PWG Tag Team titles, and that is the team of the high-flying Jack Evans and hard-hitting Roderick Strong.

PWG Tag Team Championship Number One Contenders Match
Arrogance (Chris Bosh & Scott Lost) vs. Cape Fear (El Generico & Quicksilver) - European fans who wanted to see an authentic PWG Tag Team Championship match between two authentic PWG teams got their wish, as both Cape Fear and Arrogance challenged Dragon & Richards for the titles. Since neither Arrogance or Cape Fear are in the championship match, one can only assume that their challenges for the belts were unsuccessful. However, both teams did win over the hearts of Commissioner Winwood, who offered them a one more chance at the tag titles, if they get past each other, first. Though Arrogance has been inactive in the PWG tag team scene recently, their match with Dragon & Richards, and more specifically, Chris Bosh's concussion at the hands of the champs, has rekindled their love of tag team wrestling, and has given them a drive for revenge. While neither member of Cape Fear was concussed in Europe, they were beaten pretty badly, but they're just too nice to say that they're out for revenge, so we'll say it for them. But what happens if Jack Evans & Roderick Strong come away with the PWG Championship?

"The Hollywood Globetrotters" will also feature:

Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley

B-Boy vs. Frankie Kazarian

Scorpio Sky & Human Tornado vs. Disco Machine & Nemesis

Alex Koslov vs. Top Gun Talwar

Plus PWG Commissioner Dino Winwood!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "The Hollywood Globetrotters" takes place at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC on Saturday, March 4, 2006 at 7:00PM. The Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC is located at 1110 Bates Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90029. Tickets are $20 each, and will be available at the door. For more information, please visit http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com or email info@prowrestlingguerrilla.com.
Last edited by PWG_Silverback on Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Slappy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:08 am

Looking like an awesome line up 8)

Shelley vs Sabin is the icing on the cake.
Slappy

Postby Jimmy The Lobster » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:25 am

lets just say when i clicked "enter site" and saw that the next pwg show
had richards & super dragon vs. evans & strong my reaction was

YES :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

so yeah...im pumped :D

should be a great show
Jimmy The Lobster

Postby bford24 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:37 pm

What a stacked lineup. Every match is great. Who knew that Dark and Lovely would be a regular team?

Shelley vs Sabin will be really good.

I can't wait, it has been way too long between shows.
bford24

Postby SoCalAndy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:13 pm

Sabin/Shelley is going to be rad, but not as rad as that Tag Team Titles match.
SoCalAndy

Postby dxreydx » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:43 pm

My first show this new years will be this one, what a great way to start.
dxreydx

Postby Lee » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:22 pm

Looks awesome.
Lee

Postby Lord Akiyama » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:31 pm

I'm super pumped for this show, I can't wait. Dragon and Richards vs. Evans and Strong is gonna so rock.
Lord Akiyama

Postby bford24 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:47 pm

I wish the show was this weekend, then I could spread out the fun. I guess I'll just have to fit in both the PWG show and going to the Oscars next weekend.

It's gonna be awesome.
bford24

Postby ShellShock612 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:18 am

This'll be my first PWG show, and I can't wait :)
ShellShock612

Postby It's A Bomb » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:27 pm

I'm pretty burnt out on going to wrestling shows and I didn't even want to go to this show, but since GenNext/Davey and Dragon has been booked I'm going to go to this event for sure. I like how PWG has been giving the tag division some new life, as it's been something that has been lacking in wrestling today around the scene. This show reminds me of a Late 2003/Early 2004 era(which IMO was the best PWG era) card with great storylines mixed in with dream matches and solid undercards without the need of bringing in huge names. Can't wait for this show.
It's A Bomb

Postby scrub » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:33 pm

It's A Bomb wrote:I'm pretty burnt out on going to wrestling shows and I didn't even want to go to this show, but since GenNext/Davey and Dragon has been booked I'm going to go to this event for sure. I like how PWG has been giving the tag division some new life, as it's been something that has been lacking in wrestling today around the scene. This show reminds me of a Late 2003/Early 2004 era(which IMO was the best PWG era) card with great storylines mixed in with dream matches and solid undercards without the need of bringing in huge names. Can't wait for this show.

Both the JCC on Olympic and the Elks Lodge were awesome venues. "Pimpin", "Inch", and "88mph" are some of my favorite PWG shows ever. Great PWG era indeed.
scrub

Postby astro_zombie » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:18 pm

scrub wrote:Both the JCC on Olympic and the Elks Lodge were awesome venues. "Pimpin", "Inch", and "88mph" are some of my favorite PWG shows ever. Great PWG era indeed.

seconded (thirded?)
astro_zombie

Postby bford24 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:33 pm

I have only been a fan of PWG since May but I hear that there were some great events in the past. What were some of the other venues like? This show this weekend is going to be one of the best since I have been around.
bford24

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:13 pm

I kinda miss the old venues, and the Older style PWG. It had a much better feel to it with the smaller crowds (back when PWG was a great little secret among 200 or so die hards that didn't need AJ on the card in order to show up. I'm sure PWG likes the extra money they get now though)

Little things really added to the shows, like the antics of "Joey Ryan's #1 fan" which were gold... much better than anything that's came since. I still think they should have had Joey Ryan turn on The Joey Ryan Fan when he turned heel... but that's just me.

"An Inch Longer Than Average" is still one of my favorite PWG shows from a live stand point. As is "The Musical"

I liked the Elks Lodge venue especially. It had an actual PARKING LOT (how about that?) and those cushioned theater style seats? goodnight!

Ah memories.... ANYWAY

This upcoming show looks really good. Course the tag title match will be unreal... but ARROGANCE Vs. Cape Fear should not be overlooked. Some of my favorite PWG tag matches ever were Arrogance Vs. AXP/2SBG... hopefully this continues that tradition.

Though I do wonder why Cape Fear would be anywhere near a 1# contenders match considering they came up in short in two title matches already, not to mention losing last month to Sky/Tornado... but that's wrestling for you.
TigerDriver98

Postby Mac Machine » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:01 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:(back when PWG was a great little secret among 200 or so die hards that didn't need AJ on the card in order to show up. I'm sure PWG likes the extra money they get now though)

Exactly!

One, wait no. Two words. Eagle Rock!

EDIT: Street Fair!
Mac Machine

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:48 pm

GOD that tag title match is gonna be SICK. I can't wait to see the chops that Strong has to offer this time. The title match could be good and i'm looking forward to seeing Sabin in the ring again. Should be another great PWG card
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby SoCalAndy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:06 pm

Mac Machine wrote:Exactly!

One, wait no. Two words. Eagle Rock!

EDIT: Street Fair!

The Eagle Rock venue ruled! I'm disapointed that I didn't go on the donkey ride.
SoCalAndy

Postby Lizard King » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:25 am

man this Lineup is sweet. I can not wait till PWG this Saturday night!!
Lizard King

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum