Detailed review: Zombies Shouldn't Run," Aug. 6, 2005

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby AdamFrigginPyre » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:52 pm

I honestly thought upon watching my first PWG DVD's (Free Admission and All Star Weekend 1 nights one and two) That Exaclibur and Disco did too much play by play and not enough jokes. But that's just me anyhow. I did find it absolutely hiarious on Free Admission when they would clang a pan every time someone got dropped on their head durring disco and exaclibur's match.
AdamFrigginPyre

Postby Rish To The Rosh » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:14 pm

AdamFrigginPyre wrote:I did find it absolutely hiarious on Free Admission when they would clang a pan every time someone got dropped on their head durring disco and exaclibur's match.

Jiggy, jiggy, jiggy boom.
Rish To The Rosh

Postby SoCalAndy » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:21 pm

SoCalAndy... obviously, I am not alone in my 'pointless criticism' of PWG shows... that tells me many people agree with me about the commentary... whether you think it's a valid concern or not.

I'd like to meet these 'many people', I always wanted to a person who has no soul.
SoCalAndy

Postby It's A Bomb » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:28 pm

If you want the serious commentary where a promoter has to shout about a match "ITS A MOTYC" 2 minutes in then inveset in a microphone and do it yourself.

Best advice given in the thread. This "PWG needs serious commentary" shit is crap. The vast majority of the fans like the commentary, so why should PWG change just because a few people don't like it? That review would of been better without the useless complaints.
It's A Bomb

Postby RM Punk » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:44 pm

The commentary is perfect the way it is. It actually makes PWG twice as watchable.

You can watch the show for excellent wrestling. This in itself is awesome. I'm not a huge fan of commentary as it sometimes can be distracting so being able to easily focus on the in-ring action is very refreshing. Commentary is very overrated and IMO no commentary is better than bad commentary... so...

or...

You can watch it again with commentary and look at the event in a whole new light. Excal and Discos commentary adds just another dimension to the PWG home release product. Honestly, if I could, I would rip their commentary as a sound file and put it on my MP3 player. I find it THAt entertaining.

Maybe it's just me... >_>
RM Punk

Postby shyboy13 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:32 am

Rish To The Rosh wrote:
AdamFrigginPyre wrote:I did find it absolutely hiarious on Free Admission when they would clang a pan every time someone got dropped on their head durring disco and exaclibur's match.

Jiggy, jiggy, jiggy boom.

You really need to get out more...and so do I considering I know what you are talking about. :cry:
shyboy13

Postby Benno » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:23 am

entrance music is part and partial of the atmosphere, it makes charactors stand out, and when its cut out as it is on pwg dvds, it causes scenes to be ended abruptly and you really do lose an element, but thats just for me..i'm sure its been discussed MANY times so i doubt i'm adding anything new here but i thought i'd backup chris a little.

as for the commentary, sometimes i love it (mostly with a beer in my hand) and other times i find it distracting and turn it off,,,but i'm not sure if having serious commentary would really help anything at all, nor would it really be welcomed by most of pwgs fans, it just wouldnt fit.
Benno

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum