Consistency. That's what PWG's all about, baby. And PWG delivers with yet another solid show. Lower turnout than usual, probably because of the "wacky" weather. But the diehards still showed up, which is a group that is increasing month after month. Random thoughts:
- HOUSE LIGHTS ON! No more facemelting. I dunno if this is a good thing or bad thing. PWG loses that "professional look" on DVD, but like I said, no more facemelting.
- We need more Bino Gambino. Because he reminds me of Matthew Lesko. And I freaking love Matthew Lesko. Bino's solid and needs some time to shine in a singles, or at least a regular tag.
- Perkins/Excitement was really good, yet I think the PWG crowd has been conditioned to expect TEH SPOTZ, which is unfortunate. A couple "boring" catcalls, which got shut up later on in the evening with both B-Boy and Steen getting in a "bored" fan's face on several occasions.
- Cape Fear and Arrogance once again tear the roof off the JCC, in what was the crowd's MOTN (solely judging that based on the "This Is Awesome" chants). Chris Bosh's face gets obliterated with a Generico Yakuza Kick in the corner. ABSOLUTELY OBLITERATED. Then, Bosh ate a turnbuckle brainbuster for his troubles and Cape Fear gets the win.
- B-Boy busts out the crazy moveset with a huracanrana (?!!) and a moonsault from the top to the floor (!!!). Finish was a slick little counter out of the Package Piledriver into a sweet roll up.
- I'm eating up the drama. I was digging the Jade Chung heel turn, and the Joey/Sabin DUSTY FINISH BABY. I dunno why, because I hate Dusty finishes. It was well done though. The emotion was there, the crowd was eating it up along with me.
- Main event was good, proving SoCalAndy wrong. Although, it was more Davey Richards getting the critical beatdown throughout the match with SD waiting for the hot tag. AJ and Daniels busted out lots of cool double teams. AJ gave SD two shoot double leg takedowns for breaking up AJ's pin attempts. Pretty intense interactions between AJ and SD. Crowd was hot for this.
ASW THREE is looking rather "SIQ", as the kids say. The PWG regular roster always delivers, no doubt about that. But the "all stars" being brought in make me go
I dunno who I'm more stoked for... Hero and Double C being brought back should be fanfuckingtastic... from PWG's past comes M-DOGG MOTHERFUCKING 20. He hasn't been back in PWG since he split his ballsack in Santa Ana, so that's a real treat in itself too. Plus, the BRISCOE BROTHERS?! Haven't seen them since the 4th PWG show. Great additions. MATT SYDAL?! One of my new favorite wrestlers to watch. This guy is so so clean and crisp. Rod Strong! Backbreakers for everyone! YES! And EXCALIBUR!!!! Dishing out the pain in copious amounts. The ASW3 roster looks to be smoking both ASW1 and ASW2 rosters. I can't wait! I expect attendance for this to be high.