The "Which DVDs Should I Get" Super-Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Which DVDs Should I Get" Super-Thread

Postby Colt Banana » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:14 am

I'm still waiting for mine aswell. I just hope they get here before Friday when I finish school for the holidays since I'll actually have time to watch them for a change.
Colt Banana

Postby propjoe » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:05 am

whew, I'm glad I came on here and checked before I emailed anybody being a pest.. I haven't gotten mine either but I'm all the way up in Canada. They likely got an overwhelming number of orders or something and have had a slower time filling it out. Seeing as other people haven't gotten theirs I'll chill out a bit. I was just starting to worry they were lost in the mail and some other guy was watching them laughing at me.

Thanks guys.
propjoe

Postby Wes2k8 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:07 am

I guess mine won't be here for X-mas then :P.
Wes2k8

Postby Colt Banana » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:34 am

Turns out I filled out the order wrong so the delay is my fault *bangs head against keyboard*
Colt Banana

Postby The Dan » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:05 pm

My order came today :D. Took 3 weeks, but wasn't PWG's fault, 'cause there is a postal strike going on here in Australia, so mail is wayyyyyy behind. A day before Xmas :D. I know I'll be finding a quiet room tommorrow to escape from the relatives and watching PWG dvds tomorrow :lol:

Just got done watching 99. Great show, every match was enjoyable, and the last two matches in particular I really thought were excellent.
The Dan

Postby njdevils3cups » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:19 am

Hey, new fan of PWG here- have only watched on of their shows. What are some shows that you recommend that have great tag matches? The only DVD I own is Beyond the Thunderdome, but I really enjoyed that- the two tag matches on that DVD were great.
njdevils3cups

Postby Meltman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:39 am

If you like tag wrestling I'd recommend this year's DDT4 show. 6 really awesome, fun tag matches on there.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:32 pm

Yeah I'm about to do the 5 for 40 deal but don't know what to get. I'ma get ddt4(09) since it was just mentioned for the 6 tag matches.

What show was that with human tornado/scorpio sky vs kenny omega/chuck taylor and tornado slapped omega and called him a bitch after he did the wait!!!! Thing

I wanna see more good tornado matches just to aim the suggestions. If there is a great dvd without him I wouldn't mind seeing that either. Hell I get 5 from that list. Hopefully its still going on

Here's the link for those that don't know what the list looks like

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/winter_deal.html
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:52 pm

The Tornado moment happened at DDT4. Men of Low Moral Fiber vs. Dark 'n' Lovely. Awesome little match that was.

As far as standout Tornado matches, I'd recommend these.

Singles:

- vs. Joey Ryan (World Championship Guerrilla Warfare match; Based on a True Story)
- vs. Karl Anderson vs. Roderick Strong (World Championship match;
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:28 pm

Thanks, so far I've decided on DDT4, and Threemendous II. I didn't know when you clicked the dvd it shows you the matches, I'm goign thru htem right now
Souf Centrol

Postby JumboNoKachi! » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm kinda green on PWG, i own all of BOLA08 and am intrested in getting into the company as a whole. Is the 5 for $40 still going on and if so then what 5 DVDs from 09 do you lot recommend getting?
JumboNoKachi!

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:39 pm

JumboNoKachi! wrote:I'm kinda green on PWG, i own all of BOLA08 and am intrested in getting into the company as a whole. Is the 5 for $40 still going on and if so then what 5 DVDs from 09 do you lot recommend getting?

The sale page is still up, so I guess it's still happening.

Definitely get Express Written Consent, Ninety-Nine, One Hundred, DDT4 (2009), and Threemendous II from 2009.
TigerDriver98

Postby Madvillian » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:17 am

Threemendous II without a doubt is an awesome show from from beginning to end. I was lucky to be there live. At that point in PWG time, it was the rowdiest show to date, the crowd was the wildest it's ever been. That was the first night that the Young Bucks went heels, and really for no other reason then a couple of "Fuck the Young Bucks" chants turning into the entire building yelling, "Fuck the Young Bucks", I mean, despite their in-ring talent, which is awe-inspiring most times, they look like a couple Hardy Boy marks. But I have nothing but respect for the Young Bucks after the match they put on and after all the other matches I saw of theirs after that night. Also, Giant Annual #4 I think it is, with Danielson vs Butcher followed by Danielson vs Generico for the title, that was an amazing night.
Madvillian

Postby CMCoke2010 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Hey whats up people? Been a PWG Fan only about a few months here "Mostly into ROH" But I like what I see so far and the dvd's I got "BOLA 2006,Sells Out and ASW7" Im looking to pick up 3 more in a few days but im conflicted as to what to get. Here is what im considering below...

Threemendous II
DDT 4
Express Written Consent

And of BOLA 05/07/08/09 which would you say "in your opinion of order" are the best? 2 part questions here, thanks so much for any info.
CMCoke2010

Postby Meltman » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:24 am

Threemendous II
DDT 4
Express Written Consent

If you're only gonna pick 3 of the above, I'd go with the bolded ones. Threemendous II is simply amazing. DDT4 is awesome if you like tag team wrestling, and Express is basically the show where PWG started to gain their current steam, so it's a must-see too. 99/100 both have some awesome matches though too though, like Davey/Omega, Danielson/Omega, Bucks/MCMG, Aries/Hero and the 6-man at 100.

As far as BOLA goes, night 3 of BOLA 2007 is considered one of the best wrestling DVDs ever. I have '07 and '08 myself but I've seen '05 and '06. '08 BOLA is really good with an amazing final match (Hero/Low-Ki).
Meltman

Postby Wes2k8 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:07 pm

I ordered my 5 for 40$ deal over 2 weeks ago, and it's still not here, anyone else got a problem with this still? I live in florida.
Wes2k8

Postby CMCoke2010 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:04 pm

Meltman wrote:Threemendous II
DDT 4
Express Written Consent

If you're only gonna pick 3 of the above, I'd go with the bolded ones. Threemendous II is simply amazing. DDT4 is awesome if you like tag team wrestling, and Express is basically the show where PWG started to gain their current steam, so it's a must-see too. 99/100 both have some awesome matches though too though, like Davey/Omega, Danielson/Omega, Bucks/MCMG, Aries/Hero and the 6-man at 100.

As far as BOLA goes, night 3 of BOLA 2007 is considered one of the best wrestling DVDs ever. I have '07 and '08 myself but I've seen '05 and '06. '08 BOLA is really good with an amazing final match (Hero/Low-Ki).

Thanks man! Cant wait to get some more soon enough.
CMCoke2010

Postby Meltman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:19 am

No problem man.

Wes2k8 wrote:I ordered my 5 for 40$ deal over 2 weeks ago, and it's still not here, anyone else got a problem with this still? I live in florida.

Took mine a little over 3 weeks. I'd say give it a bit more time.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:52 pm

Took mine a little over 3 weeks. I'd say give it a bit more time.

Ok I came in here for this exact reason, I ordered on the 24th but I'll stop being impatient
Souf Centrol

Postby The Dan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm

I think it's really the luck of the draw and how efficent the postage services are.

So after enjoying my first order so much, I ordered all of the other 5 shows from 2009 I didn't have (The Gentle Art of Making Enemies, Express Written Consent, Threemendous II, The Secret of Guerrilla Island and Speed of Sound). Now the impressive part: I placed this order exactly one week ago today, and wasn't expecting it to arrive for 2 or 3 weeks. To my suprise I work up this morning, and saw a package outside my home from PWG :D. So kudos to PWG.
The Dan

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum