The "Which DVDs Should I Get" Super-Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Which DVDs Should I Get" Super-Thread

Postby Pat9010 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:59 am

I'm looking to get 2 or 3 dvds from 2011/2010 PWG, i was thinking DDT 2011 pre order, Seven, and as the worm turns. Good choices?
Pat9010

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Pat9010 wrote:I'm looking to get 2 or 3 dvds from 2011/2010 PWG, i was thinking DDT 2011 pre order, Seven, and as the worm turns. Good choices?

As much as it was a good show, Id replace As the worm turns with Guerre sans frontieres. Also look into 2009 BOLA as the Steenerico Bucks math was among the best Ive ever seen in my life
Fsportsentertainment

Postby drmmawresperc » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:20 pm

Any of the "Tournament Format" Shows are good
drmmawresperc

Postby TelkEvolon » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:10 pm

drmmawresperc wrote:Any of the "Tournament Format" Shows are good

As is BOLA & DDT4?

VERY.
TelkEvolon

Postby Shabang728 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:30 pm

here are some reviews of DVDs from PWG that I liked

http://maniaweekend.blogspot.com/search/label/PWG
Shabang728

Postby ad.breed » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:24 am

I was listening to excalibur on art of wrestling. What show does the danielson/claudio headlock match appear on ?
ad.breed

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:12 am

ad.breed wrote:I was listening to excalibur on art of wrestling. What show does the danielson/claudio headlock match appear on ?

That was from "Enchantment Under The Sea" from May 2006: http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/me ... d0051.html
TigerDriver98

Postby ad.breed » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:45 am

Cheers!
ad.breed

Postby awesome zombie » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:52 am

Hello everyone I am new to PWG and was wanting to ask a couple questions...Not sure if this is the right spot but I didn't want to start a new post just for this..Anyway, i've been a big ROH fan for the past year and before that a life long WWE/WCW/ECW fan(i know they suck except for ECW but hey thats where most people start)..I stumbled upon PWG while looking at some of my favorite wrestlers on wikipedia and saw that they also wrestle in PWG...So i checked out some of the cards and they look fantastic, a lot of matches i would like to see ROH make someday...Sooo, if you were just starting out with PWG where would be a good place to start storyline and match wise...I plan to start purchasing some of the dvds and would like to know a good place to start...I know the 1st show would probably be a obvious answer but i'm already sinking about 500 bucks a month or so into trying to get the entire ROH dvd collection on ebay, so I have limited funds available for this until I have completed that...However, I would like to know somewhere good to start my PWG viewing without having to spend a ton of money for 1 dvd like a lot of the early dvds probably cost on ebay, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thanks
awesome zombie

Postby ad.breed » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:04 am

To bring you up to date now,I'd go from either Kurt Russel Reunion 2 or DDT4 2011. Kurt Russel Reunion 2 has an amazing Kevin Steen vs Chris Hero match and DDT4 2011 is top to bottom amazing. Going back a bit Zombies Shouldn't Run, Smells Like Steen Spirit and Astonishing Xmas are all essential. (I miss Super Dragon, Chris Bosh, Scott Lost etc.). BTW good luck on completing the ROH collection. Iam trying to do the same, can't find Final Battle 2008 anywhere!
ad.breed

Postby talley_1986 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:38 pm

With Kevin Steen's recent title win, you could probably start with EIGHT. Kings of Wrestling are on their way out, Akira Tozawa already left and 2010's big stars such as the Cutlers and Paul London are in the same boat. Meanwhile, the Bucks/Dynasty feud sorta just began, the big Steen/Generico ladder match at the next show is about to be set-up with Steen winning the belt and Generico's big win at BOLA.

Starting with EIGHT will allow you to only spend thirty dollars if you wait a few days until PWG releases BOLA. You can then pick up EIGHT and BOLA and be instantly caught up with current angles.

I'd also suggest picking up PWG Sells Out Vol. 1 and 2. If nothing else, they're going to give you a little preview of various angles, feuds and stars between 2003-2008. It's an easy way in deciding what time period looks good enough to buy more shows from.
talley_1986

Postby awesome zombie » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:51 pm

thanks for the replies...so basically seems like if i start around the beginning of 2011 and get all of the shows i should be pretty caught up...there are a lot of older cards that have some matches I really want to see as well so I may start picking those up as well when theres a sale or a good deal on ebay(maybe some suggestions on really good shows from the past would help as well)...And, on a completely unrelated note what is the deal with Kurt Russell lol what does he have to do with wrestling(might be a stupid question but i've haven't see any PWG yet at all)...Are PWG shows available on gofightlive or anything like that or do you just have to wait for the dvds? I'm in Indiana so no way to attend a live show :cry:
awesome zombie

Postby talley_1986 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Kurt Russell is just the man. The fact that not every wrestling company names shows after him is a bigger tragedy than the Montreal Screw Job.

The only ways you can see PWG shows (Other than flying to Cali) is by buying the DVD's or buying the video downloads from Highspots. There looks to only be 14 shows available to download, but they're some good prices. Ernest P. Worrell Memorial is only $4.99. The show isn't amazing or anything, but Super Dragon vs Kevin Steen is really good. I've never bought any of their downloads though, so I can't comment on the quality of the video.

http://www.highspots.com/wrestling-vide ... ame&page=6

Keep an eye out on Highspots though. It's not uncommon for them to have some great $5.00 DVD sales for the older dvds.
talley_1986

Postby awesome zombie » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:58 pm

Wonder why they don't do Ippvs seems like a good way for people that don't live near California to see their product...Oh well just go with the dvds until there is another way, it will be hard not to see the results...I think when they have a sale i'll just pick up all the events from 2011 and get caught up with the current product..About how long does it take a event to release on dvd after it happend???
awesome zombie

Postby talley_1986 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:53 am

awesome zombie wrote:About how long does it take a event to release on dvd after it happend???

Oh God, that's a loaded question.

There's times when DVD's are released six weeks after the event (If BOLA is released by the end of the week, than that's just under six weeks), but then there's times when months pass before the DVD comes out. BOLA 2009 took four months to be released.

With Highspots/PWG changing DVD replicators, they say that DVD's will come out in less time.
talley_1986

Postby So Cal Punk » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:16 pm

awesome zombie wrote:thanks for the replies...so basically seems like if i start around the beginning of 2011 and get all of the shows i should be pretty caught up...there are a lot of older cards that have some matches I really want to see as well so I may start picking those up as well when theres a sale or a good deal on ebay(maybe some suggestions on really good shows from the past would help as well)...And, on a completely unrelated note what is the deal with Kurt Russell lol what does he have to do with wrestling(might be a stupid question but i've haven't see any PWG yet at all)...Are PWG shows available on gofightlive or anything like that or do you just have to wait for the dvds? I'm in Indiana so no way to attend a live show :cry:

PWG is known for have the most awesomely random show names. the also have names referencing many things like back to the future & x-men.
So Cal Punk

Postby Meltman » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:15 pm

awesome zombie wrote:And, on a completely unrelated note what is the deal with Kurt Russell lol what does he have to do with wrestling(might be a stupid question but i've haven't see any PWG yet at all)...

Super Dragon's real name.
Meltman

Postby tizjizkiz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:51 pm

I recently ordered 3 PWG DVDs...All Star Weekends Night 1 and 2 and DDT4. I picked up ASW Nights 1 and 2 at the last show, I'm still waiting for DDT4 to be sent. I've emailed merch@prowrestlingguerrilla.com about not getting DDT4 yet and have not gotten a response. I purchased the DVDs over a month ago. I guess I'm just asking if this has happend with anybody else? What can I do about not getting the DVD? I can understand if the DVD is out of stock or something but would appreciate a response to my emails.
tizjizkiz

Postby ad.breed » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:57 pm

Have Davey Richards and Super Dragon ever wrestled each other?
ad.breed

Postby musdy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:43 pm

ad.breed wrote:Have Davey Richards and Super Dragon ever wrestled each other?

Nope.
musdy

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum