The "Which DVDs Should I Get" Super-Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Which DVDs Should I Get" Super-Thread

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Against the grain was cool but like tiger said speed of sound was good. I was there and still enjoyed the dvd
Souf Centrol

Postby Mr. Vegas » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:41 pm

One DVD that I recently saw and liked alot was "Life During Wartime" with the main event of Human Tornado defending the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship against Chris Hero inside a steel cage.

2 of the other matches I really liked on that show were Chris Bosh vs Scorpio Sky and El Generico trying to help Roderick Strong defend the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship against Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs.

It's a great show, I got this DVD as part of that 5 DVDs for $40 special PWG offered last year during the holidays which was a good way for me to learn more about PWG history since my first PWG show wasn't until last summer's Threemendous II.
Mr. Vegas

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Yeah I can't wait for that 5 for 40 this year, when I tried to do it again the sale was over. I was so pissed lol

The thing I liked about the sale was it was just for us, because when I was saying they were having a sale people said I was lying because it wasn't on the site. I didn't even give them the link until the sale was over lol
Souf Centrol

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:26 pm

I just finished watching the 4 DVDs I bought at "As the Worm Turns," which is the second show Ive been too, and second PWG show Ive ever seen period. I got 4 for $40 (Zombies Shouldn't Run, ASW V Nights 1 & 2, and Life During Wartime).
All four were awesome, especially Zombies Shouldn't Run & War Time. I like Kevin Steen and his matches against Styles (Zombies) and the NO-DQ match against Ryan (ASW V). Life During War Time was a solid card from top to bottom, huge props to Tornado & Hero... I cant wait till the nxt show, so I can buy a bunch more. :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby kikrusher99 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 pm

I was just looking for a couple of dvds to get when i get paid and noticed that 99 is sold out. I hope like hell they re-stock that one. I should have picked it up at Kurt Russlemania but i didn't.
kikrusher99

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:55 pm

KRM has Muta misting Scott Lost. How could you not want that?
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Tarfoo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:22 am

Has anyone had any problems with Highspots this year (international customers specifically)? My last order took about three weeks to ship, and I'm starting my fourth week of waiting for my copes of BOLA. What the hell happened? Every single order before (last Threemendous II) has taken approximaly one week or even less, which is very swift for international delivery.

Sorry if this isn't the right place, just didn't think a new thread was necessary.
Tarfoo

Postby BillJames » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:46 pm

did send them a e-mail asking if they are having trouble getting stuff our or ask if they ship it
BillJames

Postby musdy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Highspots has a few shows for $5 each:

Based on a True Story
Horror Business
Enchantment Under The Sea
From Parts Well Known
Threemendous
All Star Weekend 3- Night 1
All Star Weekend 3- Night 2
Hollywood Globetrotters
European Vacation Germany
Cruisin for a Bruisin
Chanukah Chaos
Subject To Change 2
All Star Weekend 2 - Night 1 & 2
After School Special DVD
Straight to DVD
Smells Like Steen Spirit
2nd Annual Bicentennial Night 1 & 2
Guitarmageddon
Jason Takes PWG
All Star Weekend Night 1 & 2
Uncanny X-Mas
Free Admission
Use Your Illusion 3
The Next Show
A Reason for the Season
The Musical
Kee_ The _ee Out of Our _ool!
musdy

Postby Tarfoo » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:58 am

It's back! This calls for a celebration.
Tarfoo

Postby mhdogg » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:34 pm

I need some help in deciding which DVD's to get for the Scott Lost vs Scorpio Sky feud.

I DEFINITELY want to see the masks vs titles match which is featured on PWG Sells Out Volume 1 and the 2nd Annual Bicentennial Night 1 DVD. (Can anyone confirm if the match and unmasking is shown uncut on the PWG Sells Out DVD?)

I also DEFINITELY want to see the I Quit match at Chanukah Chaos, but I'm unsure about getting the After School Special DVD and ASW2 Night 2 DVD. I'm a bit of a completist and I'd love to see all 3 of their matches but nothing else seems all that appealing to me on the ASW2 Night 2 and After School Special DVDs. All three of these DVDs are on sale for $5 each on highspots right now and it'd be a great time to buy them, but honestly if the shows aren't worth getting I'd rather spend a bit more and get Kurt Russellreunion instead. For some reason it's a chore to me watching early PWG stuff, but I loved the little bit I've seen from the Scott Lost vs Scorpio Sky feud.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I hope to make a decision by Sunday evening.
mhdogg

Postby musdy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:05 pm

I can confirm that they do show the unmasking on the dvd.
musdy

Postby memphis10 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:35 pm

I know this has probably been asked 1000 times before, but how are:

All star weekend 2 nights 1 and 2
All star weekend 3 nights 1 and 2
Threemendous

thanks.
memphis10

Postby Meltman » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:27 pm

memphis10 wrote:I know this has probably been asked 1000 times before, but how are:

All star weekend 2 nights 1 and 2
All star weekend 3 nights 1 and 2
Threemendous

thanks.

ASW 2 as a whole is pretty good, but not a must-buy. ASW 3 - Night 1 is a lot of fun, really great tag between Cape Fear and Los Luchas, Steen vs. Sydal, a really brutal B-Boy/Excalibur match and some other fun stuff. Night 2 is a bit more forgettable.

I'd say Threemendous is a must-buy. One of the best 6-mans of all time, an incredibly fun Cape Fear/KOW tag and a really solid main event (probably my favorite PWG B-Boy match and Joey's most memorable title defense).
Meltman

Postby memphis10 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:59 pm

<3 u da man. But, if you had to choose one night of ASW 2, which one would it be?
memphis10

Postby Meltman » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:49 pm

I'd get Night 1 if I had to choose.
Meltman

Postby Tarfoo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:22 am

I'd like some opinions on Taste The Radness. I have a serious lack of 2004 shows, so I'm planning to get some in near future. Quance vs. Danielson at least sounds like an absolute must-see. How are the two main events?

Also, does every DVD prior to The Secret Ooze have a different spine than the current design? Different as in with the smaller green gorilla logo and without a pose picture ontop.
Tarfoo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:18 pm

Taste The Radness was a solid show for the time period. Danielson/Quance was very good. The Chicago Street Fight was fun. I was always a little disappointed in the tag title match, but it wasn't bad or anything. Joe Vs Shannon Ballard was better than people may expect it to be, the SBS Vs. SBS (Scorpio, Bosh, and Silver) 6-man was good. Not a bad show at all.

Just a shame the old uncut DVD isn't available anymore. That contained the entrances and this neat music video to start the DVD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiYs7lk5dqo (After all these years I still haven't figured out the name of that song, ha ha)

And yes, the PWG logo on the side of the DVD did change at some point. Can't remember exactly when it did though, may have been in 2004.
TigerDriver98

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:32 pm

musdy wrote:Highspots has a few shows for $5 each:

Based on a True Story
Horror Business
Enchantment Under The Sea
From Parts Well Known
Threemendous
All Star Weekend 3- Night 1
All Star Weekend 3- Night 2
Hollywood Globetrotters
European Vacation Germany
Cruisin for a Bruisin
Chanukah Chaos
Subject To Change 2
All Star Weekend 2 - Night 1 & 2
After School Special DVD
Straight to DVD
Smells Like Steen Spirit
2nd Annual Bicentennial Night 1 & 2
Guitarmageddon
Jason Takes PWG
All Star Weekend Night 1 & 2
Uncanny X-Mas
Free Admission
Use Your Illusion 3
The Next Show
A Reason for the Season
The Musical
Kee_ The _ee Out of Our _ool!

I wonder how long will this sale be going on, wish I would have known this before I spent all my damn money lol
Souf Centrol

Postby Tarfoo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:51 am

Thanks for the reply, 'Driver. I think I'll give it a go when the time's right (after KRM). And I absolutely love that music video.

Souf, Highspots says they're running it the whole month of April.
Tarfoo

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum