The "Which DVDs Should I Get" Super-Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Which DVDs Should I Get" Super-Thread

Postby RoaringElbow » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:47 am

QUESTION: this is to everyone who has an opnion. If you were to give someone the gift of 4 or 5 MUST HAVE PWG dvds, say a "PWG Starter-Pack"
which ones would you give?
RoaringElbow

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:29 am

RoaringElbow wrote:QUESTION: this is to everyone who has an opnion. If you were to give someone the gift of 4 or 5 MUST HAVE PWG dvds, say a "PWG Starter-Pack"
which ones would you give?

Hmm... I guess I would say:

PWG Sells Out - the ultimate PWG starter pack.
BOLA 2007: Night Three
Based On A True Story
Enchantment Under The Sea
All Star Weekend 5: Night 1
DDT4 2008: Night Two (it's not out just yet though)

I think that is a pretty good mix of everything. Though the main events of ASW5: N1 and Based On A True story are also available on "PWG Sells Out".
TigerDriver98

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:47 am

TigerDriver98 wrote:Though the main events of ASW5: N1 and Based On A True story are also available on "PWG Sells Out".

No edit button here, but I have to correct myself on that one. It is the Pac-Generico ASW 4 match that is featured on PWG Sells Out, not their ASW 5 match.
TigerDriver98

Postby Leighsus » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:05 am

I ordered the "Sold Out" best of DVD earlier this week.

Anybody know how long international (specifically to the UK) shipping usually takes?

I've emailed twice but had no response.
Leighsus

Postby SuperDragonau » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:44 pm

Recieved some more older PWG yesterday

Reason For The Season
Next Show
Free Admission
Uncanny X-Mas
Card Subject To Change
Guitarmageddon
2nd Annual BBE

Have watched Reason and Next Show so far and couldnt be happier with my purchase, also have 4 more newer titles on the way :D
SuperDragonau

Postby Leighsus » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:28 am

Leighsus wrote:I ordered the "Sold Out" best of DVD earlier this week.

Anybody know how long international (specifically to the UK) shipping usually takes?

I've emailed twice but had no response.

An update to this question, I've had a response and it should be 5-10 working days for international orders.

Also, the stickied thread for first-time posters needs to be updated. Apparently the merch folks are using a new email address which is orders @ prowrestlingguerrilla . com.
Leighsus

Postby Whoblehwah » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:15 am

I have a question. Is there any plans for PWG to sell shows in stores? I know they have Sells Out in stores but I have that already. I like getting shows in stores cause:
a. You don't have to wait for them to arrive in the mail.
and
b. I don't have to use my mom or dad's credit card (I'm 16, don't have my own yet, lol)
Whoblehwah

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:00 am

Hey guys, I need some opinions here. What shows should I get. I can get "The High Cost of Doing Business" "ASW6 (both nights)" and "Pearl Habra" for $40 or get "BOLA '07" (all 3 nights) for $35. I'll probably get one of these deals for x-mas. I'm also intrested in "Scared Straight" and "Dia De Los Dangerous!" So, which deal is better.
Whoblehwah

Postby supersonic » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:51 pm

BOLA 07 is the best tripleshot ever next to ROH's WM 22 weekend shows. On the other hand, Danielson vs. Ki from ASW6N1 blows away everything from BOLA 07 weekend. I'm still on ASW6N2, so I can't tell you about anything after that.
supersonic

Postby GenericoFan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:35 pm

For those who want to get caught up on 2006/2007 shows, I'm selling a bunch of my DVDs, including BOLAs and ASWs,on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3DSelling
GenericoFan

Postby Leighsus » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:04 pm

Any ideas when ASW7 and Life During Wartime are scheduled for release?

If I pre-order I want an idea of how long I'll be waiting.
Leighsus

Postby supersonic » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:03 am

I'm just hoping PWG will be smart enough to have BOLA 08 shipping by mid-December. Don't let ROH, Chikara, WWE, and the Dark Knight get all the DVD dollars.
supersonic

Postby Hybreezy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:09 pm

Not to sound redundant, but what are good PWG DVDs to start with if you're mostly unfamiliar with the promotion? I'm game with anything old or recent and just want to get into this more than anything. Also anything featuring El Generico is a plus, but I'm not really picky.
Hybreezy

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:24 pm

Hybreezy wrote:Not to sound redundant, but what are good PWG DVDs to start with if you're mostly unfamiliar with the promotion? I'm game with anything old or recent and just want to get into this more than anything. Also anything featuring El Generico is a plus, but I'm not really picky.

These are some good DVDs to check out:

PWG Sells Out (A great starter pack, which features most of the big PWG matches from 04-07)
BOLA 2005
Based On A True Story
Life During Wartime (Comes out this week according to PWG)
All Star Weekend 7: Night 1 (see above)
TigerDriver98

Postby Hybreezy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:02 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:
Hybreezy wrote:Not to sound redundant, but what are good PWG DVDs to start with if you're mostly unfamiliar with the promotion? I'm game with anything old or recent and just want to get into this more than anything. Also anything featuring El Generico is a plus, but I'm not really picky.

These are some good DVDs to check out:

PWG Sells Out (A great starter pack, which features most of the big PWG matches from 04-07)
BOLA 2005
Based On A True Story
Life During Wartime (Comes out this week according to PWG)
All Star Weekend 7: Night 1 (see above)

I'm looking on highspots and is it a better idea to get both ASW7 Nights with Life During Wartime simply because it's cheaper as a deal? If that's the case does PWG Sells Out, BOLA 2005, and that 3 pack deal work well as getting myself more familiar with the product? Or should I maybe add one more? Thanks for the response by the way.
Hybreezy

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:21 pm

Definitely go with the deals when they are available. The ASW7/Life During Wartime three pack is one of the best they have offered so far in my opinion. Three strong shows.

And yes, I would say PWG Sells Out, ASW7/Life During Wartime combo and BOLA 05 would definitely be a great PWG starter pack. That is a nice mix of all the PWG eras.

Also if you don't feel like ordering it online, "PWG Sells Out" is available at most Best Buy stores for $14.99. I usually see two or three of them sitting on the shelves every time I go there.
TigerDriver98

Postby Hybreezy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:51 pm

Well I'm in Canada so I don't know if they carry it up here then again I haven't even so much as browsed wrestling DVDs in a long time. Thanks again for the input/help I'll probably end up back in here asking for my a suggestion on my next 5 DVDs later :).
Hybreezy

Postby Hybreezy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:18 pm

So I've watched BOLA 2005 and loved it enough to know I already want more. I see Highspots is having a ridiculously awesome sale of 3 for 20 bucks say what are 6 good ones to get? Unfortunately I can't copy and paste the list though so whatever kind soul decides to help me will have to check it themself :). Any help is once again appreciated.
Hybreezy

Postby maxx powerz » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:53 pm

Based on the shows I've seen, I'd go with

Astonishing X-Mas
Based On a True Story
Beyond the Thunderdome
DDT 4 Night 2 Enchantment Under the Sea
Giant Size Annual #4

I've seen really good reviews for Reason for the Season and Use Your Illusion 4 as well, never checked out any of the 04 stuff though
maxx powerz

Postby Hybreezy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:25 pm

Hmm I was already leaning towards both nights of DDT4 and Giant Size Annual #4 so I guess that works for my first 3. I don't know if Astonishing is better, but Uncanny X-Mas' card looks really good so I'm strongly considering that as well. I'll have to check out the cards for the others you listed.
Hybreezy

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum