Postby truemetalhero » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:16 pm

yeah...live results for such a huge show would be great
truemetalhero

Re: Live Results

Postby truemetalhero » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:56 pm

from czwfans.com (credits go to T-Mack)

PWG Life During Wartime
7/6/08 - Reseda, CA
1. Brandon Bonham defeated Arik Cannon following a Canadian Destroyer.
2. Mikey Nichols defeated Hook Bomberry and Charles Mercury.
3. Claudio Castagnoli defeated Zokre following a 20-rotation Giant Swing.
4. The Necro Butcher defeated Kikutaro after Kikutaro slipped on chairs and knocked himself out. (See the notes section below for more info)
5. Scorpio Sky defeated Chris Bosh via submission with an Ace Crusher turned into a Dragon Sleeper.
6. Matt Jackson and Mick Jackson defeated Joey Ryan and Scott Lost & MIYAWAKI and KAZMA when Ryan was pinned with a roll-up.
7. PWG World Tag Team Title Match: Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black defeated Roderick Strong and El Generico to become the NEW PWG World Tag Team Champions when Black scored the win following a Phoenix Splash.
8. PWG World Title Steel Cage Guerrilla Warfare Match: The Human Tornado (c) vs. Chris Hero

Notes:
-Jay Briscoe no-showed and is fired from PWG. Apparently his house was "being stalked" and he could not leave.
-The match between Necro and Kikutaro started as a comedy match but then turned into a hardcore brawl. At one point Kikutaro called for the fans to throw their chairs into the ring and after they did, he slipped on the chairs, fell and knocked himself out allowing Necro to get the win.
-Sky/Bosh was said to be really good and featured what Andrew declared to be the sickest DDT ever with Bosh giving Sky a tornado DDT from the top rope, onto the ring apron and down to the floor. Sky also at one point did a crazy Spiral Tap-like dive to the floor. Post-match, the crowd asked for Bosh to talk and he simply said "Thank you." His status with PWG is currently unknown at this time.
-Roderick Strong called out El Generico and asked him to take Jack Evan's place, since Evans is currently in Mexico, and defend the Tag Team Titles with him. He agreed and the makeshift duo lost the titles to The Age of the Fall.
truemetalhero

Postby watts63 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:06 pm

Charles Mercury? FINALLY!
watts63

Postby truemetalhero » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:20 pm

watts63 wrote:Charles Mercury? FINALLY!

YES but Markus Riot should be in PWG very soon - hopefully - he deseves the spotlight
truemetalhero

Postby watts63 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:41 pm

truemetalhero wrote:

YES but Markus Riot should be in PWG very soon - hopefully - he deseves the spotlight

Yes he does & a few others as well.

-Claudio + High Flyer = $$$
-It seems like Perkins & Phoenix Star no-showed as well.
-Caliing it, Young Bucks, new champs, next show.
-The ending to Kikutaro/Necro match is a must-buy alone.
watts63

Postby GravityMan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Chris Hero defeated Human Tornado to become the PWG World Champion.
GravityMan

Postby truemetalhero » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:55 pm

GravityMan wrote:Chris Hero defeated Human Tornado to become the PWG World Champion.

are you sure?
truemetalhero

Postby Danzig22 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:06 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7f_HsjpSVaI oops, might as well link it.
Danzig22

Postby watts63 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:12 pm

Info from the Steel Cage Guerrilla Warfare Match:

The main event saw interference from both The Necro Butcher and Claudio Castagnoli. Tornado worked fine with his leg injury and even did a flip dive off the stage. Both men bled. The finish came when Candice LeRae got revenge against Tornado by hitting him with his own finishing move, off the top rope to lead to Hero's victory and Tornado's title loss.
watts63

Postby truemetalhero » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:32 pm

looks like to be an amazing night of great action
truemetalhero

Postby GravityMan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:45 pm

Car trouble made me miss this show, so this is a must-buy dvd for me. Well, at least I'll have some money to go to ASW7.
GravityMan

Postby onlxn » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:54 pm

Awesome show. Posted this on DVDVR:

-----------------------
Show begins with the usual dose of bad news: as announced yesterday, Jack Evans had been pulled by AAA. Further, Jay Briscoe no-showed with a text about being worried about a dude circling around his house (a shoot, I guess, albeit a weird little one). Jay has been fired. Roddy asks Generico to defend the tag belts with him tonight, and Generico accepts. Attendance is in the 350-400 range.

1) Brandon Bonham beat Arik Cannon with a flipping piledriver (okay opener, with Bonham's big offense getting over well)

2) T.J. Perkins & Hook Bomberry beat Mikey Nicholls & Charles Mercury with a bodypress reversal/tights-grab (TJ & Hook are really catching fire as a heel team and it was nice to see Charles back; a little disjointed, but a good match)

3) Claudio Castagnoli beat Phoenix Star with a giant swing (fun, as Claudio versus a flyer will always be, but a few awkward moments, and the crowd wasn't really behind Phoenix Star)

4) Necro Butcher beat Kikutaro via knockout (Kiku got knocked unconscious when he asked fans to throw a chair in the ring and got a dozen; a wildly entertaining comedy match, and worth seeing)

5) The Young Bucks beat the Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scott Lost) and KAZMA & MIYAWAKI with a backslide on Joey (a HELL of a spotty sprint that clicked perfectly and got over huge... the Bucks looked absolutely spectacular here)

6) Scorpio Sky beat Chris Bosh with an Ace Crusher/Dragon Sleeper combo (great to see Bosh back, and he showed no ring-rust whatsoever; lots of great sequences, as their familiarity with each other was evident, and as good a Bosh singles match as I've ever seen; seemed like this was a farewell match and not a return, but that wasn't made explicit)

7) The Age Of The Fall (Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black) beat Roderick Strong & El Generico with a Phoenix Splash on Generico to become the new PWG World Tag Team Champions (a very good tag match, but slightly disappointing, as AOTF aren't over as heels and the booking made this feel a little random)

8) Chris Hero beat Human Tornado in a Guerrilla Warfare Cage Match, via a Candice LeRae leg-hook back suplex from the top of the cage, to become the new PWG World Champion (a heated, violent insane brawl, and infinitely more insane considering that Tornado's knee was in an immobilizer; Claudio, Necro and Candice all got involved, but unlike Joey and B-Boy two years ago, Hero and Tornado's hate felt like the focus the whole time; the best PWG cage match ever, an emphatic kickoff to Hero's title reign, and a helluva sendoff for the Tornado)

-----------------
A really excellent show, one worthy of marking the fifth anniversary of the company. The first half of the show felt a little low on star power but moved along nicely; the second half was pretty much dynamite, with the Young Bucks tag and the main really hitting that next level. Great stuff.

The next shows are presumably All-Star Weekend 7, the Labor Day Weekend double-shot... nothing yet announced.
onlxn

Postby Danzig22 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:35 pm

Well worth driving out of the desert of Nevada to come see, see Dat Nigga Dead (There, I said it) done by Candice off the cage was ridiculous.
Danzig22

Postby SuperDragonno1fan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:04 am

watts63 wrote:
truemetalhero wrote:

Yes he does & a few others as well.

-Claudio + High Flyer = $$$
-It seems like Perkins & Phoenix Star no-showed as well.
-Caliing it, Young Bucks, new champs, next show.
-The ending to Kikutaro/Necro match is a must-buy alone.

dude,
tj was there and so was pheonix star it was zokre that didnt show i know i was there
SuperDragonno1fan

Postby Deliriousmark » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:13 am

Wow, just wow. This was like watching two shows, or something. Every match was good, and fresh. With four amazing matches, that were very memorable. This show reminded me a lot of the good old days (05 - early 07) where the show was very long, with a ton of quality matches. The roster seemed big, and everyone was on there A game tonight. Plus the vibe was really good the best it's been since i started attending live shows (BOLA 07). During the first intermission a lot of the workers just hung out with the fans, and there were a lot of new faces (new fans?) who were surprisingly cool for the most part. The place was packed, and everyone seemed to be in a pretty good mood. It was a special night, and PWG once again hit one out of the park. It seems that while PWG has a lack of story lines, it has incredibly good booking. If that makes sense? I mean the finishes, the elevation of new talents, and booking matches the fans want to see. Very impressive.

Top 5 Matches Of The Night

1. The Young Bucks vs KAZMA & MIYAWAKI vs The Dynasty-Amazing innovative tag action

2. Chris Hero vs Human Tornado-What an amazing close to a Great story.

3. Scoprio Sky vs Chris Bosh-WOW, I remember Bosh being good.... but i never thought he was that good! Far better then expected.

4. AOTF vs Strong & Generico-Nice to see the title change, and this match gave a lot more strength to the tag division.

5.Necro Butcher vs Kikutaro-Really fresh comedy match. A match a lot of fans wanted to see, worth watching twice.

I will buy the dvd when it comes out which is something i haven't done since ASW6
Deliriousmark

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:24 am

Maybe no one will agree with me (who knows), but this was probably my favorite show of the year so far. Mainly for Bosh vs Sky and Hero Vs. Tornado. Which were both not only great matches, but very special PWG moments as well. Hopefully this wasn't the last we've seen of Bosh, but if it was... I have to say it was a fitting way for him to go out. Thank you Bosh. The Human Tornado also has to be given a hell of a lot of credit for going out there in his condition, and still giving the fans everything he had. PWG won't be the same without that guy.

I was also very happy to see Charles Mercury finally make his PWG return. I thought he did quite well in the tag match. Hopefully this isn't the last we've seen of him in PWG either.

As for match by match thoughts, I mostly agree with what ONLXN said on about the card. So I won't waste time repeating what he has already said.
TigerDriver98

Postby Deliriousmark » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:27 am

it was my favorite show of the year so far next to ASW 6 Night 2. A strong second no doubt.
Deliriousmark

Postby truemetalhero » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:58 am

so those CZWfans.com results are wrong?

truemetalhero

Postby Meltman » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:47 am

truemetalhero wrote:so those CZWfans.com results are wrong?

Yeah.
Meltman

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum