Topgun Talwar and Bino Gaminbo over Alex Koslov and Ronin
M-Dogg 20 over TJ Perkins
Kings of Wrestling over Disco Machine and Nemesis
B-Boy over Excalibur
Kevin Steen over Matt Sydal
Chris Sabin over Scorpio Sky
Frankie Kazarian over JImmy Yang
Cape Fear over Los Luchas
Joey Ryan over Super Dragon and Chris Bosh when he pinned Super Dragon to retain the PWG World Championship
SoCalAndy

Postby Aaron » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:31 am

I just read this via SCU:

Joey beat SD and Bosh in a messed up match due to SD legitametly knocking Bosh out and giving him a concussion. SD and Joey tried to stall but Bosh wasnt able to work so SD tossed Bosh in, Ryan kicked SD and pinned Bosh. Honestly it looked scary for Bosh when he was slouching right next to our section with Diablo trying to talk to him. Hope Bosh is ok.

So did Ryan pin Dragon or Bosh?
Aaron

Postby Wreckless » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:43 am

bosh by the sounds of it after superkicking dragon, damn conflicting reports :D but ouch hate to think how bosh got knocked out poor bloke only just got back wrestling few months ago
Wreckless

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:19 am

Yeah, someone IM'd me and told me that it was Bosh but I didn't notice who got pinned and thought it was Dragon. Sorry, I posted that at like 4 am and was really tired.
SoCalAndy

Postby Sillentassasin » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:40 am

Yeah i was in the back row and saw when diablo was helping out Bosh.. he realy did look fucked up.. actually at one point SD pinned Bosh and would have gotten the three count but SD knew Bosh was fucked up so he raised his hand... i was like WTF... but yeah bosh had ENOUGH energy to go to the back and sit down.. he was out for a while.. it was scary and hope he is okay

some were complaining the Main Event was too short.. but Bosh got a concussion so i wouldn't want him to fight like that...

so for night two there may be no bosh
Sillentassasin

Postby ToddMartin » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:25 am

It was definitely Ryan pinning Bosh, for what it's worth. The psychology was weird, because Super Dragon had just moved the padding out of the way and given Ryan the psycho driver on the floor, but I guess that's what happens when someone gets hurt.
ToddMartin

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:58 am

Some really really short fast thoughts on the show:

- Opener was fun. Some good moments like when Koslov got Bino in the surfboard in the ropes and Ronin chops the hell out of them while he's in the hold. Fun match... I dunno if the crowd has really taken to Bino yet.

- M-Dogg-TJ was a different match than I thought it'd be. You see M-Dogg on a card and you just expect him to go balls out with the crazy spots. But that wasn't the case here. Instead he worked a more grounded match up and did really well for himself in his return.

- Hero/Claudio Vs. Disco/Nemesis was a fun exhibiton of Hero/Claudio.

-B-Boy Vs. Excalibur: MAJOR ass kicking of Excalibur. One thing that bothered me the whole show... Why wasn't B-Boy DQed for hitting Excalibur with the chair twice? This isn't CZW. And what can be said about the version of KENTA's Go 2 Sleep he used to finish? (B-Boy's always been a big mimic) Just sick.. hope EX is ok after that.

- Matt Sydal Vs. Kevin Steen: Really enjoyed this one. Sydal has been someone I've enjoyed watching in other promotions, and he did well for himself here. After the match Steen really put over Sydal on the mic.

Chris Sabin Vs. Scorpio Sky: this was fun, but seemed a little long. I really love Sky's new gimmick. Which included distracting Rick Knox by saying "Have you seen my abs lately?" Finish had Sky having Sabin pinned after in Implant DDT but the ref being distracted by the scantily clad Jade Chung. Sky threatening to kill all the white people in the people and gave Sabin the chance to hit the Cradle Shock for the win.

Afterward Sky staged a protest in the ring, Frankie came out and chased him to the back...

- Kazarian Vs. Yang: Also a really fun match. That saw Sky interfear at one point. The finish had Frankie giving Yang the Wave of the Future... from ground position... which was awesome.

- Cape Fear Vs. Los Luchas - El Generico's streak of having the 1st or 2nd best match on the card at nearly every show is alive! As this one was an incredible match. Memorable spot was Star doing his Handstand in the corner... and Generico yakuza kicking him right in the face!

Joey Ryan Vs. Super Dragon Vs. Chris Bosh - Started off really well. All three got chants at the start. Then they did some stuff on the floor... which I couldn't really see. Also remember Bosh hitting the Bosh Sport Low blow to counter Joey Ryan jumping off the turnbuckle (awesome) From there... yeah Bosh hitting knocked out, killed a promising match dead. SD picking Bosh up after a 2... came off very weird to me. Finish was SD gaving Joey the Psycho Driver on the floor w/o the padding (ala the UYI4 finish) and then went over to Bosh the threw him back in the ring... at this point Joey recovered... hit SD, and dashed into the ring and pinned the knocked out Bosh. Afterward Dragon started throwing chairs into the ring... which really were hitting Joey (and had to hurt like hell)

In all, very very solid show here. But I'm sure tonight's show will be even better.

- I picked up the new PWG DVDs. And... there are No bonus promos to be found (Usually the first thing I do with PWG DVDs is checking for their usually awesome bonus promos) Also of note is on "Crusin'" it's Disco/Taro and Dino Winwood on commentary, and on "Teen Outreach" it's the new team of Disco and Dino. I haven't watched them yet... but am looking forward to it.
TigerDriver98

Postby CheMateo » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:29 am

I never really noticed how Bosh got hurt in the main event? I just remember him powdering out and staying near the steady cam. Then of course he came back in for the unplanned finish I guess. Does anybody know how just exactly Bosh got injured, what spot was it? Other than that what can be said about Night one that hasn't been said, it was awesome!
CheMateo

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:31 am

He took an elbow to the face accidently and was KO'd by it. It's weird because I was talking to someone about the time Excalibur KO'd Bosh at the debut show just a few minutes before.
SoCalAndy

Postby Paul Burns » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:55 am

Thanks for those results guys! Can't wait to hear about Sydal/Strong, and spewing about Bosh getting knocked out
Paul Burns

Postby Sillentassasin » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:38 pm

IF i remember correctly SD did a European Uppercut on Bosh and knocked him out... cuase that's the last moument i saw him concious...

then ppl chanted "knocked the Fuck out" so i think that's what it was
Sillentassasin

Postby JayJay » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:17 pm

The little kid who was chanting for Kevin Steen is the coolest kid in the world. Hearing him yell "Come on Mr. Wrestling!" every few minutes made my night.
JayJay

Postby d_mon » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:46 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:Also of note is on "Crusin'" it's Disco/Taro nd Dino Winwood on commentary, and on "Teen Outreach" it's the new team of Disco and Dino. I haven't watched them yet... but am looking forward to it.

disco machine is taro :?:
d_mon

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:04 pm

d_mon wrote:
TigerDriver98 wrote:Also of note is on "Crusin'" it's Disco/Taro nd Dino Winwood on commentary, and on "Teen Outreach" it's the new team of Disco and Dino. I haven't watched them yet... but am looking forward to it.

Nah, what I meant was Disco, Taro and Dino were the commentary team for that show. :D
TigerDriver98

Me as well

Postby Pinky » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:57 pm

JayJay wrote:The little kid who was chanting for Kevin Steen is the coolest kid in the world. Hearing him yell "Come on Mr. Wrestling!" every few minutes made my night.

The boy that was yelling "Come on Mr. Wrestling" had on a LA Parka mask and it made me smile. Thru the night I thought of my 8 year son doing the same thing and I could not stop laughing.

Pinky
Pinky

Postby d_mon » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:06 am

TigerDriver98 wrote:
d_mon wrote:

Nah, what I meant was Disco, Taro and Dino were the commentary team for that show. :D

oh my bad misread it lol i was like wtf
d_mon

Postby scrub » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:49 pm

That kid's dad posts on SCU and here! LBOinyomouf4sho, I think. Just call me Maaaaaaaaaatlock. That kid was awesome.

The KO looked to have been from Bosh rushing SD on the apron (screaming like a banshee) and SD rocking him with a forearm. Possibly. Could be wrong. It's too bad because Bosh's presence was missed on Night 2. KoW/Arrogance would have been fun to do on Night 2 had Bosh been healthy, leaving TJ and Sky which could have been real good too.
scrub

Postby Slappy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:37 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:
- I picked up the new PWG DVDs. And... there are No bonus promos to be found (Usually the first thing I do with PWG DVDs is checking for their usually awesome bonus promos) Also of note is on "Crusin'" it's Disco/Taro and Dino Winwood on commentary, and on "Teen Outreach" it's the new team of Disco and Dino. I haven't watched them yet... but am looking forward to it.

I can't wait to hear this. I'm a huge Excalibur fan but recently I've been really digging Taro's commentary. Dino should be hilarious as well.
Slappy

Postby JayJay » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:52 pm

JayJay

Postby Dangerous Robot » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:23 pm

JayJay wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=k8-2aH4TqzI

What was that? The video's been taken down.
Dangerous Robot

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum