Davey Richards signs with ROH

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Davey Richards signs with ROH

Postby Peace » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:58 am

April 10th: Super 8 winner Davey Richards has signed a fulltime contract with Ring Of Honor. Richards is set to make his ROH debut on 4/22 in Philadelphia. He will be on almost every ROH show after that including 4/28 in Dayton and 4/29 in Cleveland. Can Richards make an impact in ROH?


Sellout. [/quote]
"Ojo por ojo, y diente por diente!"
User avatar
Peace
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:30 pm

Postby bill1985 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:49 am

I don't think he's a sellout. This is in my opinion a tremendous opportunity for him to become popular on the east coast of the United States. If the Super 8 was the start, only God knows what we could be seeing over here on the east coast.
bill1985
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:57 pm
Location: College Park, Maryland, USA

Postby RM Punk » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:33 am

Sellout?

Because ROH actually sign guys to exclusive contracts and pulls them from shows... riiiight.
RM Punk
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:38 pm

Postby CheMateo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:16 pm

Why are you calling him a sell out? It's good for him to wrestle else where and get more experience. I don't know if he is wrestling full time already, but that would be a goal of any wrestler and this would bring him one step closer. This allows him to make more income doing what he loves. This is great and we should be happy for our very own Davey Richards. Besides he said at ASW 3 that PWG is his home and that he will always be loyal to us.
User avatar
CheMateo
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Farmington Dist. L.A.

Postby SoCalAndy » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:02 pm

I'm sure Peace was being sarcastic. Plus I'm not too worried about this. PWG is good about getting their main guys on shows and avoiding ROH dates. Plus Claudio works for ROH full time, and he's at shows whenever he's available.

Also, now that Dragon is booked for 4/22 I hope ROH starts to book him and we get to see Dragon and Davey tear shit up in ROH.
SoCalAndy
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Pasadena, California

Postby shyboy13 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:53 pm

I think Super Dragon should stay away from ROH. At least he shoudlnt wrestle there very often. The reason is because he is quite popular and so is ROH. If he were to wrestle on ROH shows there would be less of a reason to purchase PWG DVDs. I have actually read on message boards that some people buy PWG DVDs just to see what all the fuss about Super Dragon is about. The market value of your product (Super Dragon matches) falls if the quantity supplied increases for a given demand.

On the flipside, the extra exposure can also increase demand (and thus market value). However, care must be taken to ensure that the effects of the additional supply is less than the effects of the additional exposure. In other words, he should go to ROH as a form of marketing/advertising but should not wrestle there too often because this may have a negative impact on PWG DVD sales.
shyboy13
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:09 am

Postby los_reyes65 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:53 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:Also, now that Dragon is booked for 4/22 I hope ROH starts to book him and we get to see Dragon and Davey tear shit up in ROH.


That would be great. Davey Richards and Super Dragon versus Austin Aries and Roderick Strong for the ROH straps would be great.
los_reyes65
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:15 pm

Postby 450 Splash » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:19 pm

This is a great oppurtunity for Davey.Since ROH and NOAH have a working arrangement Davey might finally be able to live his dream and go to NOAH and win the GHC Jr Title.
450 Splash
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:37 pm
Location: New Jerseyw

Postby dxreydx » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:53 pm

If he signed with WWE he would be sell out I think PWG and ROH work together so they don't have shows on the same weekends. ROH even had Jamie Knoble when he was ROH champ do the "job" in BOLA. ROH was the reason I got into PWG.
dxreydx
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:55 am

Re: Davey Richards signs with ROH

Postby scrub » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:01 pm

Peace wrote:
April 10th: Super 8 winner Davey Richards has signed a fulltime contract with Ring Of Honor. Richards is set to make his ROH debut on 4/22 in Philadelphia. He will be on almost every ROH show after that including 4/28 in Dayton and 4/29 in Cleveland. Can Richards make an impact in ROH?


Sellout.
[/quote]
WTF. You are crazy. That doesn't even make sense. But if Davey Richards got paired up with some random white chick and started making "real hip hop" and sampling Dick Dale and making songs about lovely lady lumps, then I can call him a sellout. Where is the love?

Great news for Davey. Just awesome seeing him grow into this awesome talent. I wish I could take back all the times I ragged on him in WAR.
scrub
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:25 pm

Postby Mecca » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:21 pm

I don't think he's a sellout for signing with the best promotion in the east coast. That Super 8 tourney always sky rocket wrestlers careers & I'm not suprise that it happen to him, Congrats to Richards, he deserves it.
Image
Mecca
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:08 pm

Postby Chris23 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:47 pm

i just added a PWG date on his website. not sure if there's any PWG shows between now and then
Chris23
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: WA State

Postby WannaB » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:24 pm

Whether it was sarcasm or not I think its fair to definatively say that Davey is not a sellout.

This is a good thing for his career, his family, and his future. If so much pride is placed upon Davey because he's "our" star, then we should be glad to see him make a huge leap such as this.

As for SuperDragon, and the possible effects it will have on DVD sales...

...it's inconsequential. Yes, PWG's DVD sales may fluctuate due to a lack of interest, or a gain of interest in Dragon, or even a gain of interest in PWG itself. However this is something that can be expected of any promotion in a similar situation. I'm sure there are people who have bought PWG DVD's because AJ Styles was on it. No doubt there have been a few Samoa Joe fans that have purchased PWG DVD's just to see his matches.

I think I'm pretty much beating a dead horse at this point since it's a fair assumption that we all know how wrestling fans like to spend their money when it comes to tapes & DVD's.

As far as Dragon working PWG goes, its good for him, his career, & for PWG. Same as Davey. Anyone getting a chance to wrestle in ROH should take it.

I've rambled on long enough. You get the idea.
User avatar
WannaB
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:22 pm

Postby Mike Arsenal » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:08 pm

This is an awesome opportunity for Davey. I hope he finds great success there.
Mike Arsenal
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:41 pm

Postby It's A Bomb » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:55 am

shyboy13 wrote:I think Super Dragon should stay away from ROH. At least he shoudlnt wrestle there very often. The reason is because he is quite popular and so is ROH. If he were to wrestle on ROH shows there would be less of a reason to purchase PWG DVDs.I have actually read on message boards that some people buy PWG DVDs just to see what all the fuss about Super Dragon is about. The market value of your product (Super Dragon matches) falls if the quantity supplied increases for a given demand.


I doubt Dragon working in ROH will result in less DVD sales for PWG. If anything, it would lead to more sales if people who are impressed with his ROH run want to see more of him. Plus the only things that would hurt PWG DVD sales are A. Bad Booking and B. Bad Matches. If PWG is putting on a great product, and Super Dragon is impressing people in ROH, only good things will come. Read and believe what you want on other message boards about Dragon being the only reason people buy DVDs, but chances are there are more reasons people are buying DVDs just for Dragon.

shyboy13 wrote:On the flipside, the extra exposure can also increase demand (and thus market value). However, care must be taken to ensure that the effects of the additional supply is less than the effects of the additional exposure. In other words, he should go to ROH as a form of marketing/advertising but should not wrestle there too often because this may have a negative impact on PWG DVD sales.


I'm willing to bet most of the ROH fanbase buys PWG DVDs already, and vice versa. Dragon wrestling there more often will most likely have no effect on PWG DVD sales for other reasons. Dragon could be booked in different matches in ROH that some people might not care too much to see, while Dragon is being booked in amazing dream matches in PWG that people would want to see. There is no telling on what could happen here. Your statements seem pointless to me as there is no real evidence that tells us why people buy PWG DVDs.
It's A Bomb
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:07 pm

Postby shyboy13 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:48 am

It's A Bomb wrote:There is no telling on what could happen here.

You are correct. There is no telling what could happen here. However, I used logic as well as economic theory to come to a conclusion. You only seemed to spit out what you think may happen. That is fine too. Everyone has an opinion and yours just may be correct. None of us are fortune tellers. I am however well qualified in real life to come to such conclusions.


It's A Bomb wrote:Your statements seem pointless to me as there is no real evidence that tells us why people buy PWG DVDs.

While I may not have any evidence to back up my idea, it was in no way pointless. In fact, it was no more pointless than the opinions you posted. It is not my fault that you did not get the point (unless of course it was over your head and I did not take into consideration my audience). If you want to debate something with me on a message board then perhaps I will participate. I will not stoop so low as to insult you on the internet. THAT would be pointless.
shyboy13
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:09 am

Re: Davey Richards signs with ROH

Postby Hulkushi » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:20 pm

Peace wrote:
April 10th: Super 8 winner Davey Richards has signed a fulltime contract with Ring Of Honor. Richards is set to make his ROH debut on 4/22 in Philadelphia. He will be on almost every ROH show after that including 4/28 in Dayton and 4/29 in Cleveland. Can Richards make an impact in ROH?


Sellout.
[/quote]

Pish go soak your head, selling out?

that's the biggest crock of shit chant/term ever
Hulkushi
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:44 pm

Postby It's A Bomb » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:08 pm

shyboy13 wrote:However, I used logic as well as economic theory to come to a conclusion. You only seemed to spit out what you think may happen.

*Snip*

I am however well qualified in real life to come to such conclusions.


Your economic theory holds no ground. Most theories are based on tons of research, your theory is just based on message board posts that most likely don't give a good idea on what sells and doesn't sell DVDs. I don't know about what you do in real life that makes you qualified to draw such conclusions, but chances are what you do in real life doesn't make you an expert on the DVD buying habits of internet smart marks.

shyboy13 wrote:While I may not have any evidence to back up my idea, it was in no way pointless. In fact, it was no more pointless than the opinions you posted.


You post was pretty pointless. You have no evidence, thus, having nothing that helps support your case. My opinions wheren't pointless, as they point out the flaws in your reasoning as to why Super Dragon shouldn't be in ROH because of "DVD sales".

shyboy13 wrote:It is not my fault that you did not get the point (unless of course it was over your head and I did not take into consideration my audience).


Nope, I got your point, and it was horrible. Another thing I noticed in my life is when someone has a weak argument they always fall back on the "you didn't get my point" card to dig themselves out of a hole. I've seen it done on television, so I'm well qualified in real life to draw such conclusions.

shyboy13 wrote:If you want to debate something with me on a message board then perhaps I will participate. I will not stoop so low as to insult you on the internet. THAT would be pointless.


Huh? I never insulted you in my post. You seem to be really moody on these boards, as most of the posts you make seem to complain about people on message boards. Why are you so upset?
It's A Bomb
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:07 pm

Postby Peace » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:44 pm

Gullible. So gullible.
"Ojo por ojo, y diente por diente!"
User avatar
Peace
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:30 pm

Postby shyboy13 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:56 am

Its a Bomb,

Study my original post a little closer. If you dont get the point I cannot help you without spoon feeding it to you. I will summarize though:

If Super Dragon works ROH very often there is a POSSIBILITY that PWG DVD sales MAY drop because there will be less of a reason to buy PWG DVDs.

You can postulate on the affect of Dragon going to ROH on a full-time basis on PWG DVD sales just like I can. I will not say your opinion is wrong. I will say, however, that I firmly believe my opinion at least sound and grounded on the laws of supply and demand (which are so strong they are called "laws" instead of "theories").

Regarding my qualifications, I am quite qualified to give an expert opinion on this. You can believe me or not. Afer all, this is the internet and I can say anything about myself and it may or may not be a lie. Still, it doesnt change anything if you believe me or if you dont. I just cannot see how anyone can disagree with what I said. Especially sine I used words like "may" and "possibility".

You can respond if you want but I most likely will not because this is a thread about Davey Richards. I dont want to deviate from the subject any further than we already have. Back to the point, it is great that Davey is going to ROH. It is great for him as it gets him more exposure and probably more money. It is bad for us because most likely we will see him less.
shyboy13
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:09 am

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests