Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby toby80 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:56 pm

pwggrodd wrote:That would be my hope, but I'd take a newly debuting guy. Don't know who would be available on such short notice, though.

Uhaa??
toby80

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Richards is doing AAW, though, apparently, so...muthafuckas can hope, right?
Super Dragon Mark

Postby toby80 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:Richards is doing AAW, though, apparently, so...muthafuckas can hope, right?

Yeah I still think there's a chance Davey will make the shows. Fingers crossed!
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:49 am

I am too, really. Yeah, I'm not too into him, but matches against Ricochet and Gargano do interest me.
pwggrodd

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:17 am

Oh, boy...
Gabe Sapolsky
Daily Discussion: Should I call Davey Richards? Not saying anything will happen, but for personal or professional reasons should I give him a call?
Super Dragon Mark

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:03 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:Oh, boy...
Gabe Sapolsky
Daily Discussion: Should I call Davey Richards? Not saying anything will happen, but for personal or professional reasons should I give him a call?

There is money to be made. Not sure if this was a serious question.
Garden State Saint

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
Super Dragon Mark wrote:Oh, boy...
Gabe Sapolsky

There is money to be made. Not sure if this was a serious question.

Wesley Richards Yes.
Like · Reply · 65 · December 3 at 11:38am

On another note, just realized what the "(Please Don't Call It) The OC" show title was referencing...
Super Dragon Mark

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:51 pm

What was it referencing, then? Also, where the hell did 44 Ways to Kill You With a Pimento come from? Anybody know?
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:02 pm

(Please Don't Call It) The OC is a reference Arrested Development while 44 Ways to Kill You With a Pimento is a reference to a David Cross joke

Also, I suggested this once already but Comic Con International, the same company that runs the famous Comic Con in San Diego, confirmed the 2014 dates for Wondercon on April 18-20 in Anaheim, a smaller scale of the San Diego one but still growing in attendance. So if possible, run a special PWG show during that time and in Anaheim if possible to gain more audience with some help or something as I have noticed there are wrestling fans and even PWG that attend Wondercon as well. Or just run in Reseda like always and probably wouldn't make that much of a difference in attendance as fans will still come anyways.
El Asian

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:39 pm

El Asian wrote:(Please Don't Call It) The OC is a reference Arrested Development while 44 Ways to Kill You With a Pimento is a reference to a David Cross joke

Also, I suggested this once already but Comic Con International, the same company that runs the famous Comic Con in San Diego, confirmed the 2014 dates for Wondercon on April 18-20 in Anaheim, a smaller scale of the San Diego one but still growing in attendance. So if possible, run a special PWG show during that time and in Anaheim if possible to gain more audience with some help or something as I have noticed there are wrestling fans and even PWG that attend Wondercon as well. Or just run in Reseda like always and probably wouldn't make that much of a difference in attendance as fans will still come anyways.

An annual event that sees PWG in a bigger venue with fresh talent and match-ups like Kurt Russelreunion would be awesome, but I've noticed ASW is (re)taking that spot. Not sure about the up-coming one, but 9 certainly fit the bill.

Isn't PWG doing Wrestlecon or something...?
Super Dragon Mark

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:34 am

Oh, thanks, El Asian. I remember having heard months ago that there was going to be an ROH/CZW/PWG supershow at WrestleCon, but I've never heard anything about it since. There were rumors this past week about ROH possibly trying to contact other promotions with a view towards doing a big show at some point-don't know if that's the same thing or not, since the Sapolsky feds came up. Think about that though-an ROH/CZW/PWG/DGUSA/EVOLVE show.
pwggrodd

Postby loserkings007 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:49 pm

Guys, PWG nor any other combine promotion are not having a Supershow at Wrestlecon. Wrestlecon is promoting their own use, but are using PWG/ROH ect logos in the banner. "Featuring superstars from" type of thing. At least from what I gathered when they first release details from the event, in which I decided to pass. (Went to Wrestlecon shows this year and DGUSA last year).
loserkings007

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:47 pm

I like how PWG is on the level of "ROH star" or "TNA star" or "former WWE star" when indies are promoting events now...
Super Dragon Mark

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:58 pm

El Asian wrote:Also, I suggested this once already but Comic Con International, the same company that runs the famous Comic Con in San Diego, confirmed the 2014 dates for Wondercon on April 18-20 in Anaheim, a smaller scale of the San Diego one but still growing in attendance. So if possible, run a special PWG show during that time and in Anaheim if possible to gain more audience with some help or something as I have noticed there are wrestling fans and even PWG that attend Wondercon as well. Or just run in Reseda like always and probably wouldn't make that much of a difference in attendance as fans will still come anyways.

The day will come when they will have to leave Reseda or test out another venue to accommodate a larger audience. That might be a harsh reality to some.
Garden State Saint

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:56 pm

El Asian wrote:Also, I suggested this once already but Comic Con International, the same company that runs the famous Comic Con in San Diego, confirmed the 2014 dates for Wondercon on April 18-20 in Anaheim, a smaller scale of the San Diego one but still growing in attendance. So if possible, run a special PWG show during that time and in Anaheim if possible to gain more audience with some help or something as I have noticed there are wrestling fans and even PWG that attend Wondercon as well. Or just run in Reseda like always and probably wouldn't make that much of a difference in attendance as fans will still come anyways.

The day will come when they will have to leave Reseda or test out another venue to accommodate a larger audience. That might be a harsh reality to some.

Except Dragon himself has said that they like the current arrangement - the venue's fine, the fans are fine, the distribution model is fine & iPPVs are unnecessary, etc. - no one would wanna do unnecessary work. KRR had a bigger venue, sure, but that was handled by Highspots. There was also Dragon's comment about wanting to run Danielson/Angle in '06 - then there would've been a bigger venue. With all the talk about Styles' departure from TNA, and a match in PWG, I wouldn't mind seeing Styles/Cole and Hero/Gargano on some supercard show in a bigger venue or something. I don't like Gargano, but 2 big matches like that would warrant a larger venue.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:33 pm

eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:

Except Dragon himself has said that they like the current arrangement - the venue's fine, the fans are fine, the distribution model is fine & iPPVs are unnecessary, etc. - no one would wanna do unnecessary work. KRR had a bigger venue, sure, but that was handled by Highspots. There was also Dragon's comment about wanting to run Danielson/Angle in '06 - then there would've been a bigger venue. With all the talk about Styles' departure from TNA, and a match in PWG, I wouldn't mind seeing Styles/Cole and Hero/Gargano on some supercard show in a bigger venue or something. I don't like Gargano, but 2 big matches like that would warrant a larger venue.

That is true though I think as long as the Reseda venue exists, PWG will probably continue running there as long as PWG exists as well plus as mentioned everywhere, the intimate nature of the Reseda venue is what really help makes PWG feel special but a bigger venue for a special show is something I wouldn't mind if the occasion arises for them to allow PWG to do something like what I suggested before or something.

As for Wrestlecon, as mentioned before, it does seem like a joint show with CZW and ROH, so who knows how much involved PWG will have for that one but as mentioned, it is not an exclusive PWG show and not even in the LA area that PWG usually runs in, holding a show during Wondercon in Anaheim could probably appeal to a new audience with help of Highspots and get whatever mainstream coverage they could get if possible but as I said, PWG could run in Reseda again during that time and PWG would do just as well there anyways.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:10 am

Kevin Steen had a somewhat mysterious tweet-"The world is not ready for what I will unveil at this weekend's @OfficialPWG shows." Wonder what this means...
pwggrodd

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:56 am

pwggrodd wrote:Kevin Steen had a somewhat mysterious tweet-"The world is not ready for what I will unveil at this weekend's @OfficialPWG shows." Wonder what this means...

Whatever it is will be scary, because it's Kevin Steen. Kevin Steen scares me.
PhenomenalTLD

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:02 pm

PhenomenalTLD wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:Kevin Steen had a somewhat mysterious tweet-"The world is not ready for what I will unveil at this weekend's @OfficialPWG shows." Wonder what this means...

Whatever it is will be scary, because it's Kevin Steen. Kevin Steen scares me.

More tassels?
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum