Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:42 pm

eastbay510 wrote:If there is a show om the 23rd I wouldn't be surprised if NJPW dosen't allow their talent to appear on PWG. I think that's a much more likely scenario than NJPW guys showing up in Reseda.
To be fair, NJPW has scouted guys in PWG and brought them solely from their PWG work and even NJPW has referenced PWG a few times before.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Matt Sydal's getting replaced by Brody King Friday. Nice to see a Cali local get a chance to step up. And against Brooks-should be pretty good!
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:40 am

What are the odds of Swann showing up tomorrow.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:37 pm

He's already taken his first booking, at the Big Event in NY on March 10th. So, I guess he could show up somewhere before then. Don't know if he's going to pop up in Reseda again or not. May not be the best look.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:08 pm

pwggrodd wrote:He's already taken his first booking, at the Big Event in NY on March 10th. So, I guess he could show up somewhere before then. Don't know if he's going to pop up in Reseda again or not. May not be the best look.

He was cleared right? I don't think it would be a bad thing for him to return.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:45 am

Dropping charges doesn't mean he was cleared.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:35 pm

As much as I like Swann and all, I think its best for him and Elgin to not step foot in PWG at least for a year or 2 plus opens the door for more new talent to come in.

Anyways, on more positive note, Jushin Thunder Liger is gonna be working at an indie here in SoCal a week before Strong Style Evolved, if there is a PWG show a few days before Strong Style Evolved, which Liger is confirmed to be part of with Naito, Okada, Omega, and Tanahashi, then maybe a possible chance to have Liger for the PWG show.
El Asian

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:51 am

did brody king have a good enough showing to be brought back??
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:03 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:did brody king have a good enough showing to be brought back??

Yeah. He and Brooks killed it. Brody looked great(a couple awkward moments, but that's okay) and was SUPER over. Also in case you care, Brooks looked like he had 5 more years experience since his debut.

If both guys didn't earned permanent roster spots I'd be shocked.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:28 am

Guess I should post some thoughts. I wasn't expecting much from this show with only six singles matches. This blew away my expectations(with a couple exceptions).

-Brody vs Brooks. Great match. One of the best PWG openers ever. This didn't go to long which was the right call. Brody made a huge impression in his debut, he could use some more experience, but working PWG will help with that. King was SUPER over. To me the story of the match was Brooks. Only one month in the UK and he looks like a world beater. The pace of this match was so much better than his debut weekend. If Adam got a big push based off this match I wouldn't be shocked at all.

-Castle vs Joey. It was there. I don't like Castle and Joey hasn't done much since his debut. I get the feeling this will be better on DVD.

-Banks vs Starr. This was incredible. Fast paced, athletic, stiff as hell. Banks, Starr, and Brooks looked way better on this show than they did on their debut weekends.

-Zack vs Flip Gordon. Good stuff. Never bought Flip as having a chance. With three excellent matches on the show this kinda got lost in the shuffle. Still a very solid match though.

-Keith Lee vs Matt Riddle. One of the best matches in PWG history. This was a lot like Dijak/Lee but instead of big guys doing athletic things, this was big guys beating the shit out of each other. Both guys play far to much to the crowd, that wasn't the case here. This felt like a fight. Had about a dozen near falls. Go out of your way to see this.

-Chuck vs Trent. This was boring and a lot of people didn't care. Hopefully Chuck loses the belt soon.

-If you are asking my star ratings this is how I would have them.

Brooks/King ****
Joey/Castle ***
Banks/Starr ****1/2
Flip/Zack ***1/2
Lee/Riddle ****3/4
Chuck/Trent **
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:58 pm

Time Is a Flat Circle was oversold due to a Paypal error, so it's going to take place at the Globe Theater, which I've seen repeatedly hyped as a bigger, better venue for them. Interested to see how this goes.
pwggrodd

Postby shyboy13 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:40 pm

I'm so fuckin happy about this. Now I don't have to go all the way to butt fuck Reseda. I can go to my own back yard. Gosh I hope this is financially successful for PWG. I wonder if they are going to be selling more tickets since they got a new venue.

PWG, AWS, and New Japan all in one weekend. This is a dream come true for wrestling nerd like me.
shyboy13

Postby shyboy13 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:48 pm

Only problem I can see is if there are too many rows and people can't see. I usually sit in the back rows of PWG in Reseda so all should be good for at least 5 rows since PWG fans are always respectful by not standing during matches. Either way, I think it will turn out good.
shyboy13

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:02 pm

shyboy13 wrote:Only problem I can see is if there are too many rows and people can't see. I usually sit in the back rows of PWG in Reseda so all should be good for at least 5 rows since PWG fans are always respectful by not standing during matches. Either way, I think it will turn out good.
To be fair, even in Reseda, I would sit in rows and still can't see because people are standing
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:25 pm

I wonder if they are gonna sell more tickets. They would be crazy to run this venue and not fill it up
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:24 am

From SoCal Uncensored-"Pro Wrestling Guerrilla’s Battle of Los Angeles is not scheduled to take place during Labor Day Weekend this year. It will be the first time since 2011 and the fourth time overall it isn’t that weekend. The dates for the tournament have not yet been finalized." So as not to conflict with All In, I'm sure. I wonder if they'll schedule a week earlier or later. Either seems likely.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:35 am

Word is Keith Lee and WALTER both got offered spots in NXT in May. Sounds like Lee's in, but WALTER might turn it down.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:52 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I wonder if they are gonna sell more tickets. They would be crazy to run this venue and not fill it up

Yeah, unless the tickets that sold out already because of the tickets sold on Tuesday

pwggrodd wrote:From SoCal Uncensored-"Pro Wrestling Guerrilla’s Battle of Los Angeles is not scheduled to take place during Labor Day Weekend this year. It will be the first time since 2011 and the fourth time overall it isn’t that weekend. The dates for the tournament have not yet been finalized." So as not to conflict with All In, I'm sure. I wonder if they'll schedule a week earlier or later. Either seems likely.

Figured but kinda sucks, hopefully it works out and hopefully, still 3 days as well
El Asian

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:10 am

eastbay510 wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:did brody king have a good enough showing to be brought back??

Yeah. He and Brooks killed it. Brody looked great(a couple awkward moments, but that's okay) and was SUPER over. Also in case you care, Brooks looked like he had 5 more years experience since his debut.

If both guys didn't earned permanent roster spots I'd be shocked.

good to hear. also pretty cool that brody will be back and everfly, douglas james, and jake atlas will be debuting. pretty surprising this would be the show to debut these guys, but what a fantastic opportunity for these guys. i hope they kill it.

i've seen everfly and james but not atlas.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Atlas was SoCal Uncensored's Rookie of The Year last year, and clearly deserved it from what I've seen of him. Incidentally, Brody King won that award in 2016, Douglas James did in 2015, and Eli Everfly did in 2013. All four guys were trained by the Santino Bros. school, so they should work together very well. Could be awesome!
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum