Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:13 am

Honestly, I am more pumped about this card than any non BOLA show in forever. This show should be tremendous... hopefully the crowd isn't dog shit this time.

With Jay White comming in I am hoping this kickstarts the Kiwi invasion, and we get Jay, TK, and Travis Banks all in BOLA.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:31 pm

If WWE is gonna after UK guys, might as well start on New Zealanders until WWE goes after them next. Also they haven't been on the card for awhile but I hope we do see Drew Galloway, Angelico, Jack Evans, Timothy Thatcher, and Dalton Castle for later shows this year. And speaking of later shows this year, grain of salt here but I'm hearing there might be a March show announced later.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:19 am

I would like all those guys back too. As far as all the signings go, the best that the US/UK/ANZAC indies and NJPW can do is just hold on. At most they're going to do this for a year, at which point they're going to hit a point where they can't afford to sign any more guys, because they'll have neither the money nor the space for anyone else. At that point, they may even release some guys back on the scene. Just gotta maintain.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:05 pm

So watching the WWE UK tournament, its clear we probably seen the last of Pete Dunne and Mark Andrews, good luck to both of them though, glad they are achieving some success, especially Dunne. But yeah, also too late for Tyler Bate or Trent Seven to debut, especially Tyler Bate, eastbay was right about PWG bringing in more UK while they can before they get snatched up. Also, another interesting thing was hearing Michael Cole namedrop PWG during the Tommy End vs. Neville match, even calling it Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, almost as weird as John Cena namedropping PWG.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:38 pm

El Asian wrote:So watching the WWE UK tournament, its clear we probably seen the last of Pete Dunne and Mark Andrews, good luck to both of them though, glad they are achieving some success, especially Dunne. But yeah, also too late for Tyler Bate or Trent Seven to debut, especially Tyler Bate, eastbay was right about PWG bringing in more UK while they can before they get snatched up. Also, another interesting thing was hearing Michael Cole namedrop PWG during the Tommy End vs. Neville match, even calling it Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, almost as weird as John Cena namedropping PWG.

I believe they can still do indys that don't conflict with WWE dates, and not WCPW and ROH. That being said, I would be shocked if Bate, Dunne, and Andrews don't receive full time contracts sooner rather than later, expecially Bate and Dunne, who looked like absolute stars.

I've been saying this for a while, and I will continue to do so. BOLA is gonna be very intresting, more than half of last years field could easily be gone by the summer.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:12 am

There was fairly significant turnover between the 2015 and 2016 BOLAs as well. Only 11 who were in 2015 were also in 2016. They found a way to get through that. There's plenty of talent out there. COuld lead to good things.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:42 am

pwggrodd wrote:There was fairly significant turnover between the 2015 and 2016 BOLAs as well. Only 11 who were in 2015 were also in 2016. They found a way to get through that. There's plenty of talent out there. COuld lead to good things.

I'm not complaining at all by the way, this makes me very happy. Guys in last years BOLA are now making money in WWE, and new guys are gonna get to come to PWG, very exciting... besides Haskins situation obviously. I want WWE to keep signing people.
eastbay510

Postby bford24 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:53 pm

PWG definitely needs to book Sammy Guevara....he is so amazing and would kill it in PWG. His match coming up vs Ricochet is going to be out of this world!
bford24

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:41 am

Haskins' injury was depressing. He was on the cusp of blowing up, and now there's a definite chance he may never come back at all. He would've been a great regular for PWG. BOLA could have another guy like him though. This year in general could be good for new guys. I hope it is.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:38 am

Pentagon Jr. has left AAA, and will likely be working more extensively in the US now (Daga and Garza Jr. left the promotion with him). He announced that he and Fenix will be called The Lucha Brothers, and that, since AAA owns Pentagon Jr. and LU owns Pentagon Dark, his ringname will be Penta el Cero Miedo, or Penta el 0M, going forward. Hope this leads to more regular appearances in PWG.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:13 pm

Yeah, hopefully, I actually we see Daga in PWG as well if possible and maybe Konnan also help bring in Ronnie Mendoza and Flamita as well to PWG since those 2 do work for him now anyways.
El Asian

Postby Jack » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:12 am

El Asian wrote:Yeah, hopefully, I actually we see Daga in PWG as well if possible and maybe Konnan also help bring in Ronnie Mendoza and Flamita as well to PWG since those 2 do work for him now anyways.

Flamita in PWG would be freaking awesome.
Jack

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:18 pm

So rumor is Ricochet's LU contract is finally up. Wonder if he is headed to WWE soon? I mean it's only a matter of time.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:35 pm

He can't show up on other promotions' TV until Season 3 finishes airing, which won't be until mid/late October. So he's going to be on the indies for most of this year regardless.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Jack wrote:
El Asian wrote:Yeah, hopefully, I actually we see Daga in PWG as well if possible and maybe Konnan also help bring in Ronnie Mendoza and Flamita as well to PWG since those 2 do work for him now anyways.

Flamita in PWG would be freaking awesome.

Yeah, been hoping for Flamita for awhile and I think he was on the verge to breaking out in the US last year but shit between Octagon and AAA got in the way and also Konnan had quit AAA, who was liaison for talent regarding booking.

Anyways, speaking of Ricochet, seems he confirmed the date for the next PWG show when listing shows he's working, he mentions a March 18 show for PWG.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:23 am

Ricochet vs. Chuckie T for the title-DO IT UP.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:34 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Ricochet vs. Chuckie T for the title-DO IT UP.

I am for this. I'll go one further and suggest for Chuck to do commentary for this match after the fact. Those days of PWG....
Garden State Saint

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Due to a family emergency I will be unable to attend the show :cry: Nothing serious, just an obligation I completely forget about

My loss is someone else's gain.. I have (3) General Admission Tickets available. If anyone is interested, shoot me a message on Instagram (username: dojo_bro) :cry:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Itchypanda » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:39 pm

The_Sharpshooter wrote:Due to a family emergency I will be unable to attend the show :cry: Nothing serious, just an obligation I completely forget about

My loss is someone else's gain.. I have (3) General Admission Tickets available. If anyone is interested, shoot me a message on Instagram (username: dojo_bro) :cry:

I just hit you up for all 3 tix. Please let me know. Thank you!
Itchypanda

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:13 pm

Tickets have been sold :cry:
The_Sharpshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum