Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby bennym6 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:08 pm

God I feel ungrateful after that last post. This card is getting better and better. I assume that the winner of the night one main event will face the champ the next night. Guerrilla warfare sounds too awesome but I also feel like Drake might just kill himself in the process.
bennym6

Postby fatallylost » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:20 pm

This/these are the first shows I've felt like I really, really want to go to in some time. I'll probably be out of town at that time, of course! I was really looking forward to see Trent? dammit!

Also, Drake is insane, I've seen him take neckbreakers and such on cinder blocks. He may have died years ago, and might be a terminator now.
fatallylost

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:18 pm

I think the remaining spots on this card should go to Roddy/Eddie/Willie
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Is Trent? his official name or has he just not come up with a non-WWE copywrited name yet?
eastbay510

Postby SlayJ » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:47 pm

AR Fox just announced!!! The new blood for this show is pretty damn mind blowing!
SlayJ

Postby SlayJ » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:55 pm

AND Samuray Del Sol!!! BOO-YAH!!! The hits just keep on coming!
SlayJ

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 pm

HOLY SHIT!!! almost literly every top wrestler from the indys is on this show!!!
eastbay510

Postby SlayJ » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Oh, and Adam Cole, Kevin Steen, The Young Bucks, Roddy Strong, Eddie Edwards & Wille Mack also added if ya need em'. Are you f**kin' kidding me!?!? Well played, PWG....well played
SlayJ

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:38 pm

Super Smash Bros!!!! WHAT THE FUCK is gonna happen is the card gonna be??? My mind is fucking blown!!!
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:49 pm

How in the hell is this gonna work? Im so damn pumped up right now...Excalibur and Super Dragon; I want a group hug... and I want it now
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:40 am

eastbay510 wrote:How in the hell is this gonna work? Im so damn pumped up right now...Excalibur and Super Dragon; I want a group hug... and I want it now

Honestly, with the guys they are bringing in, they could have easily made this into a Battle of Los Angeles instead
El Asian

Postby luca brasi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:11 pm

I don't catch much indy wrestling outside of PWG, but these names have been talked about on this board for months, maybe years! Something tells me these shows is gonna be N U T S
luca brasi

Postby CreedP » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Just have to +1 the 'holy crap, ASW9 is gonna be INSANE!' sentiment.. :D

But I was finally sitting down to watch Mystery Vortex in full (rather than skimming the highlights), and I heard this:
"I really enjoy looking the [PWG] fans during the matches, and seeing how happy they are at the tremendous wrestling they see... I do that at other places, and I never see...fans this happy" - Kevin Steen, commentary on Strong/Edwards vs. Young Bucks during Mystery Vortex

It's a self-sustaining cycle, I think. They put on amazing shows, so the fans love coming to PWG, so they cheer and chant and such, so the wrestlers love all the energy and put on amazing matches, so the fans love coming, and so on.. :)

CREED
CreedP

Postby CreedP » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Oh yeah, I almost missed this...
SlayJ wrote:Hell yes, PWG!!! You guys actually scheduled All Star Weekend to be on MY BIRTHDAY! That's pretty damn generous of you!! I'm fired up!! But yeah, Night 2 - March 23rd...I can't wait to party with all my buddies in Reseda and see the BEST damn Wrestling in the Universe! I couldn't ask for a better gift than that! (Oh and please book Chuck Taylor!...thanks)

You got your wish now, buddy, gonna be a very Happy Birthday, haha...

CREED
CreedP

Postby bennym6 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:43 pm

PWG have really broke the bank on this one. Have there ever been this many returns/debuts at any other All Star Weekend? I can't really think of one personally. It's going to be really interesting how guys like Trent?, Fox, Gargano and Lethal make their debut's. One of these guys could be the annual guy PWG fans take under their wing. PWG fans did it with Kenny Omega, London, Tozawa and SSB so it will be interesting if one of these guys becomes a huge star in PWG and if one gets a lukewarm reaction.
The one thing I noticed after the dust settled was that the show is over two months away! Maybe if this was just one event I might have been slightly annoyed but because of this being a double-shot I'm okay with it. I wonder if PWG will ever return to doing a triple-shot event. Gabe does it multiple times a year so I think PWG could pull it off.
bennym6

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:14 pm

Great to see Del Sol & Fox get added on. Both of those guys will be nothing but a huge hit in PWG.
Garden State Saint

Postby Ray Deathray » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:35 am

Just finished writing this blog post titled "Oh My Fucking God, I Love Pro Wrestling Guerrilla"

http://imitationcat.com/oh-my-fucking-g ... guerrilla/
Ray Deathray

Postby ShadowMaster » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:50 am

Now I know why I never order PWG DVD's from High Spots , I finally got Mystery Vortex in the mail yesterday first thing I notice the DVD is loose in the package and all scratched up . Now I would careless if it's scratched and the whole DVD plays fine but first match which was the Bucks/Dojo Bros the whole whole DVD stops and says can't play on my tv . WTF from here on out I will never order shit from High Spots . You live and you learn sadly
ShadowMaster

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:22 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Now I know why I never order PWG DVD's from High Spots , I finally got Mystery Vortex in the mail yesterday first thing I notice the DVD is loose in the package and all scratched up . Now I would careless if it's scratched and the whole DVD plays fine but first match which was the Bucks/Dojo Bros the whole whole DVD stops and says can't play on my tv . WTF from here on out I will never order shit from High Spots . You live and you learn sadly

HighSpots is always great to make up for things. Definetly contact them and let them know.
Garden State Saint

Postby talley_1986 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:17 am

Yeah, Highspots' customer service is great. I had a problem like that with DIO! and they quickly sent out another disc free of charge.

The very first time I ordered from Highspots, I had ordered two ROH DVD's. When the package arrived, I had received a different ROH DVD and the Necro Butcher DVD. I e-mailed Highspots and they not only sent out the right DVD's (Free of charge), but they also let me keep the two wrong DVD's.

Highspots may not always be perfect, but it's customer service makes it worth buying from them.
talley_1986

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum