Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby toby80 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:37 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:All the match's are stacked really looking forward to the 4 way match and the World Title Match with Cole/O"Reilly . I'm not sure if the fued is gonna end there so it's gonna be interesting to see what happens there . I do have a feeling that the Mount Rushmore of Pro Wrestling will get involved leading for big things at the end of the year show .

Yeah I reckon there's a good chance we'll get a big eight-man tag at the year-end show. I'm super-excited for Steen vs. ACH as well. ACH really impressed on his debut, and Steen is gonna come out firing after his heel-turn. God I love PWG :mrgreen:
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:19 pm

I wonder if it's going to be just these six matches. PWG has run six-match shows before, of course, but not for a while. I wonder if another match will be announced at some point. Other wise, I'd hope for all of these matches to get a fairly significant amount of time-which would be welcome! Anyway, I don't expect a title change just yet-I expect shenanigans. Cole's not going to make this easy for his ex-partner. And honestly, I'm kinda hoping for Cole to break the title-reign record. He'd need to hold it 'til sometime in February for that.
pwggrodd

Postby toby80 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:29 am

pwggrodd wrote:I wonder if it's going to be just these six matches. PWG has run six-match shows before, of course, but not for a while. I wonder if another match will be announced at some point. Other wise, I'd hope for all of these matches to get a fairly significant amount of time-which would be welcome! Anyway, I don't expect a title change just yet-I expect shenanigans. Cole's not going to make this easy for his ex-partner. And honestly, I'm kinda hoping for Cole to break the title-reign record. He'd need to hold it 'til sometime in February for that.

Yeah I reckon they'll add one more match, possibly involving Willie Mack. And I agree that neither Cole or the Bucks should drop just yet. The Mount Rushmore of Wrestling has just formed, so I expect them to run roughshod for at least a couple of shows. It wouldn't surprise me if all hell breaks loose at the end of the night, with a brawl involving most of the locker room.
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Can we start calling Trent? Trent Baretta? That's what he goes by in DGUSA/Evolve and I think FIP to.
eastbay510

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:52 pm

I'm real happy to see Trent back at the next show he had a great All Star Weekend even though he got alot of hate but after BOLA he really turned those heads and spit rite on them .
ShadowMaster

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:21 pm

I hear ya, ShadowMaster. I was just thinking-I think the thing I liked most about BOLA 2013 is how Kyle O'Reilly won. He was on a three-match winning streak going in, and he won those matches with a triangle choke, and the cross armbreaker twice. He won his BOLA matches with a cross armbreaker, a triangle choke, a guillotine choke, and a triangle. Kyle is really getting put over here as a submission master, and I really like that. It makes him fairly unique in PWG, and it's a good example of consistency in creating a character. Kyle seems really dangerous now, and that's a great quality in a number one contender.
pwggrodd

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:26 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I hear ya, ShadowMaster. I was just thinking-I think the thing I liked most about BOLA 2013 is how Kyle O'Reilly won. He was on a three-match winning streak going in, and he won those matches with a triangle choke, and the cross armbreaker twice. He won his BOLA matches with a cross armbreaker, a triangle choke, a guillotine choke, and a triangle. Kyle is really getting put over here as a submission master, and I really like that. It makes him fairly unique in PWG, and it's a good example of consistency in creating a character. Kyle seems really dangerous now, and that's a great quality in a number one contender.

The way Kyle has been booked has been perfect for him showing how he can beat opponents in many different holds . I don't think they should put the title on him yet since Cole has been doing some great things but the year of 2014 could be a huge year for O"Reilly and a even bigger year for the best wrestling promotion in the world PWG .
ShadowMaster

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:29 am

Like I've said before, I'd like to see Cole break Hero's record before he drops it. He'd pretty much have to hold it through February sometime for that to happen. Don't know if he can make it that far, but I think O'Reilly needs to be the one to take the belt now.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:10 am

pwggrodd wrote:Like I've said before, I'd like to see Cole break Hero's record before he drops it. He'd pretty much have to hold it through February sometime for that to happen. Don't know if he can make it that far, but I think O'Reilly needs to be the one to take the belt now.

I couldn't disagree more, I think Cole wins this match somehow setting up a rematch after a few shows, mabey Kyle will wrestle steen, Young Bucks, 6 person or person matches. There is plenty for O'Reilly todo before taking the title. I do agree that oO'Reilly needs to be the one to take the title off Cole, but its way to soon.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant, too. I should've clarified-when I said "now", I meant it like "now that O'Reilly's won BOLA", not now as in the very next show. As a matter of fact, I'd book it like this, if you're interested-O'Reilly loses in October due to Mt. Rushmore chicanery, which ends in a massive brawl. This leads to the December show (Mystery Vortex II, I hope!) having an eight-man main event tag. Then, let's say they make a non-tournament match for DDT4, O'Reilly v. Steen, where the stip is O'Reilly gets another title shot if he wins. He does, and then sometime in March (second night of another All-Star Weekend, I hope!), O'Reilly gets his second shot, and gets the win. Cole breaks the record, O'Reilly gets the belt. Not a bad plan.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Yeah, that's what I meant, too. I should've clarified-when I said "now", I meant it like "now that O'Reilly's won BOLA", not now as in the very next show. As a matter of fact, I'd book it like this, if you're interested-O'Reilly loses in October due to Mt. Rushmore chicanery, which ends in a massive brawl. This leads to the December show (Mystery Vortex II, I hope!) having an eight-man main event tag. Then, let's say they make a non-tournament match for DDT4, O'Reilly v. Steen, where the stip is O'Reilly gets another title shot if he wins. He does, and then sometime in March (second night of another All-Star Weekend, I hope!), O'Reilly gets his second shot, and gets the win. Cole breaks the record, O'Reilly gets the belt. Not a bad plan.

Ahh... got you. I'm really excited to see where this goes. I would actually like to see Cole rack up a couple more title defences before losing the title. I think Gargano and Elgin could be consitered top contenders after their strong BOLA showings, and I would love to see Ricochet get a shot.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:32 pm

I could see those happening, but that would probably carry Cole through to the middle of next year if that happened. Don't know if they could wait on O'Reilly that long.
pwggrodd

Postby toby80 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Cole vs. Ricochet is a match I would really love to see. I reckon 2014 might be the year Ricochet gets the call from the E, so we should cherish every appearance he makes in a PWG ring. It'd be great for him to get a short title run... in conjunction with Swann if not the big one.
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:24 pm

If the ICMGs are in DDT4 again in January, I expect them to take the straps, actually.
pwggrodd

Postby toby80 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:32 pm

pwggrodd wrote:If the ICMGs are in DDT4 again in January, I expect them to take the straps, actually.

That would be cool. I'm really impressed with Swann's progress too. He's sick in the ring, and has a lot of personality.
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:56 pm

Just saw an interesting tweet from Joey Ryan, where he referred to himself, Chuck, Trent? and Nese as The Best Friends. That would be a pretty sweet team to take on Mt. Rushmore, too.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:30 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Just saw an interesting tweet from Joey Ryan, where he referred to himself, Chuck, Trent? and Nese as The Best Friends. That would be a pretty sweet team to take on Mt. Rushmore, too.

I agree, that would be pretty sweet. I don't know if you were at BOLA but almost the entire locker room (even the new guys, Ciampa and ACH were there) cleared Mount Rushmore out of the ring at the end of the show, it would be cool to see a lot of guys involved with this feud, mabey they can push new guys like Trent, Nese, ACH, and Ciama as well. Hopefully there are a lot of promos.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Alas, I live all the way across the country (same state Sexy Chuckie T and Ricochet are from, as a matter of fact), so I wasn't at BOLA. I'm thinking what you're thinking-Mt. Rushmore vs. Everyone Else will really help to put over the newer guys, and it'll be damn entertaining too, so I hope that's how it turns out.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:24 am

I was thinking-it's interesting that Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards are taking bookings into November now, so I wonder if that try-out didn't lead to anything, or what. Anyway, hoping this means more DojoBros in the future. And I still want a six-man tag with Edwards/Richards/Strong as the American No Remorse Bros.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Depends how long it takes for WWE to take a look at someone, Sami Callihan had a try out for months before he officially left, maybe they are just waiting until the official word but it'll be nice to have Richards and Edwards for a good while before they leave, maybe American Wolves vs. Young Bucks for a final match in PWG if it is goodbye for Edwards and Richards.

Also, a random suggestion, Comic Con International has dates booked from April 16 to 21 next year at the Anaheim Convention for presumably Wondercon again, which is essentially the San Diego Comic Con but smaller scale but from the same parent company, probably won't happen but I wonder if PWG thought of running a special show in that area for on either April 19 or 20, maybe get help with I guess WrestleReunion since they are running events again, albeit smaller scale right now, and there is correlation between wrestling fans attending Wondercon anyways and maybe they could try to attract new fans if they run a show when people are at Wondercon though PWG did run World's Finest in the usual Reseda place at 2012 when Wondercon made its debut in Anaheim but attendance has been growing, so who knows, just an idea if PWG was interested if they feel like it.
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum