Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:35 am

eastbay510 wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:Welp, I got my wish! Everett on April 3rd! YEAH BABY. PWG listens! And yeah, Tommy End would be a great guest star. Guy's improved so much since his PWG appearance as part of European Vacation WAAAAY back in 2006.

This actually isn't an unrealistic possibility. I'm assuming they are booking Sabre because he will be in the states for Mania weekend so they can get him a lot cheaper then any other weekend. Tommy End is booked for Evolve that weekend (for those who don't know). I would love to see him in Reseda, he is an incredible talent.

where is sabre wrestling mania weekend??
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:22 am

Hey, AmericanWolvesMark, Silver and Reynolds have actually mentioned on a couple of interviews that they got the Beaver Boys name from Tim & Eric.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:34 am

I know it's unlikely to happen, but I'd really love for DDT4 to expand to a 16 team tournament. Here's the teams I'd pick-
WCTT (they'd defend the tag belts throughout the tournament)
The Young Bucks
Gulak/Busick
Sydal/Sabin
Monster Mafia
Beaver Boys
Roppongi Vice (Trent? and Rocky Romero)
Taylor/Gargano
The Inner City Machine Guns
The African American Wolves
The Addiction
Cage/Ricker
The Hooligans (making their debut)
Hero/JT Dunn
Alexander/Everett
B-Boy/Willie Mack
Day 2, I'd have Strong have a title defense against Brian Cage before the finals. No chance of this happening of course, just a fun idea.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:41 am

Hell, I didn't even think about Team Tremendous. Maybe replace B-Boy and Mack with them, since they're a more regular team.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:37 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Hell, I didn't even think about Team Tremendous. Maybe replace B-Boy and Mack with them, since they're a more regular team.

Hard pass on Dunn.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:58 pm

Nuts. Dunn's fantastic when he's not around David Starr.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:29 pm

Tremendous would be fine to throw in though if PWG does use B-Boy for DDT4, I'd say just pair him with Lil' Cholo instead.

Also, I'm hoping the next PWG show to run between 5/8 and 5/10 or between 5/22 and 5/24, why? Because ROH is running Global Wars and War of the Worlds around that same time with NJPW talent involved. Now while PWG is probably not allowed to use certain ROH guys yet, I would like for some way that PWG to book whatever NJPW talent that is available during that time before the ROH show.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:33 pm

I'd love for that to happen if it were possible. I just really want DDT4 to happen soon. I'm also kinda hoping BOLA stays at 24 men and 3 nights.
pwggrodd

Postby PWGnorthern » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:02 pm

If I had to choose between a 16 team DDT4/16 man BOLA, or a 8 team DDT4/24 man BOLA, id go with the 8-24 100%

But here's my most wanted DDT4 line up

Young Bucks
Gulak/Busick
Sabin/Sydal
Monster Mafia
Beaver Boys
Hero/Dunn - they looked pretty solid in Beyond teaming together
Roppongi Vice
Alexander/Everett
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:57 pm

If BOLA is three nights again(I really hope so) I'd like to see Matt Cage,Shane Strickland, and Christian Rose in.
eastbay510

Postby OSKMIA » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:59 pm

I hope BoLA is in the last week August again...
OSKMIA

Postby El Asian » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:27 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I'd love for that to happen if it were possible. I just really want DDT4 to happen soon. I'm also kinda hoping BOLA stays at 24 men and 3 nights.

I agree with BOLA about DDT4 to happen soon but if PWG were able to book NJPW guys for that date in May, I think it be a good risk to postpone DDT4 by then, mostly I want to see certain NJPW guys work in Reseda depending what NJPW talent will be available to use though I'm hoping at least Shinsuke Nakamura. If that is the case, how would people feel if PWG puts DDT4 for December or November is year?

eastbay510 wrote:If BOLA is three nights again(I really hope so) I'd like to see Matt Cage,Shane Strickland, and Christian Rose in.

I hope its 3 nights and those names seem fine, I think Shane Strickland would have the best chance out of those three. Personally i would love for BOLA to have a few international names from Japan or Mexico, I would like to see PWG work a deal with Lucha Underground and AAA to bring in Pentagon Jr. at least or bring in Flamita through Dragon Gate as well while I would love and hope PWG can bring back Akira Tozawa and Karl Anderson for BOLA as well or maybe try to get Masato Tanaka for BOLA this time.
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:55 pm

PWGnorthern wrote:If I had to choose between a 16 team DDT4/16 man BOLA, or a 8 team DDT4/24 man BOLA, id go with the 8-24 100%

But here's my most wanted DDT4 line up

Young Bucks
Gulak/Busick
Sabin/Sydal
Monster Mafia
Beaver Boys
Hero/Dunn - they looked pretty solid in Beyond teaming together
Roppongi Vice
Alexander/Everett

Right off the bat I'd want to see Young Bucks vs. Gulak/Biff in the finals.
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:57 pm

I bet Busick/Gulak vs. the Bucks would play out like the DDT4 2009 finals did-the Bucks would spend a lot of the match getting brutally beaten. It would be awesome.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:36 am

eastbay510 wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:Hell, I didn't even think about Team Tremendous. Maybe replace B-Boy and Mack with them, since they're a more regular team.

Hard pass on Dunn.

JT Dunn? He's part of the Juicy Product, not Team Tremendous.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:32 am

Garden State Saint wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:

Hard pass on Dunn.

JT Dunn? He's part of the Juicy Product, not Team Tremendous.

Yea, I've seen both teams many times. Mabey I replyed to the wrong comment, lol.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:26 pm

I think it's worth noting that ROH is looking to lock down more guys with long-term contracts, as a way of trying to fight off the WWE and its developmental signings. These contracts are the ones that allow them the right to tell the talents where they can and can't work-and the Young Bucks are their number one targets. I don't know who I hate more in this situation-the WWE for continually poaching talent that they're unlikely to ever use correctly, thus forcing ROH's hand, or ROH for making talent exclusive to their frankly boring product.
pwggrodd

Postby PWGnorthern » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:18 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I think it's worth noting that ROH is looking to lock down more guys with long-term contracts, as a way of trying to fight off the WWE and its developmental signings. These contracts are the ones that allow them the right to tell the talents where they can and can't work-and the Young Bucks are their number one targets. I don't know who I hate more in this situation-the WWE for continually poaching talent that they're unlikely to ever use correctly, thus forcing ROH's hand, or ROH for making talent exclusive to their frankly boring product.

Its just hurting the business, these guys thrive on exposure... you cant tell me that if ROH guys go to another promotion in front of a whole new set of fans, that some of those fans wouldn't come check out ROH if they like what they saw, and vice versa. Locking down talent is not the answer, youre only going to upset the only people who make your company run in the first place, the fans
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:07 am

How bout insted of trying to sign guys to exclusive contracts they try to actually devolop new stars? Look at all the guys on PWG's roster that ROH dosen't book for one reason or another; Trevor Lee, Gulak, Biff, Monster Mafia, Beaver Boys, Bailey, ect. ROH pushed then gave up on Cedric and Ciampa, Chris Dickenson came in one show and impressed but hasn't been back, when they went to the midwest last week they booked Beer City Bruiser but not guys who actually have a ton on potential like Cage and Rose. If WWE signs reDRagon, Cole, and Briscoes the company is in trouble because they have not done a good job of building up anyone else (with the possible exception of Lethal). It really makes you appreciate the simplicity of PWG: guys just going out and wrestling.
eastbay510

Postby Memphis Mark » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:56 am

eastbay510 wrote:How bout insted of trying to sign guys to exclusive contracts they try to actually devolop new stars? Look at all the guys on PWG's roster that ROH dosen't book for one reason or another; Trevor Lee, Gulak, Biff, Monster Mafia, Beaver Boys, Bailey, ect. ROH pushed then gave up on Cedric and Ciampa, Chris Dickenson came in one show and impressed but hasn't been back, when they went to the midwest last week they booked Beer City Bruiser but not guys who actually have a ton on potential like Cage and Rose. If WWE signs reDRagon, Cole, and Briscoes the company is in trouble because they have not done a good job of building up anyone else (with the possible exception of Lethal). It really makes you appreciate the simplicity of PWG: guys just going out and wrestling.

ROH is being forced to sign talent to contracts by other promotions. It is just part of the business. The Young Bucks have families and they must do what is in their families best interest . I will continue to support the Jacksons wherever they work.

ROH does push new talent. They have a training camp system that was the Elgin , Bennett , Taven , Ciampa , Fish , Hanson , Rowe , Dijak , Cole , Alexander and others went thur to get their spot with the company. ROH will always be able to sign big time talent because they are part of multi-billion dollar corporation.

PWG will be fine , they have a lot of connections and a great eye for talent. Wrestlers come and go , it just the business.

T
Memphis Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum