Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:50 am

I wish PWG would run a double shot with Progress, or just a couple joint shows. Mabey even run the temple. I mean PWG is using Sabre, Scurll, Ospreay, End, and Andrews, all of them have had great matches and gotten over huge.

I mean it dosen't seem likely, but definatly not impossible either. You only need a couple more fly ins to make this work (Haskins, Havoc, Mastiff, possibly Jack Gallagher).

Euro wrestling is hot right now, and I think both companies would benefit, and expand PWG sales in Europe and Progress in the US.
eastbay510

Postby shyboy13 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:43 pm

So I'm watching ASW 9 N2 and during the Young Bucks match Steen says "Remember when AJ Styles called it Gorilla Pro Wrestling? And he was the champion!" That made me laugh because I thought my son and I were the only people in the world who remembered that. I'm glad someone else remembers too.

Steen is fuckin awesome and I'm so glad he is finding success now. He deserves it and is one of the best things in WWE in my opinion. Its odd how seeing someone wrestle in front of you for so many years can make you feel like you know him. I practically watched him grow up since I think he first started in PWG when he was 20 years old or something like that.
shyboy13

Postby El Asian » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:22 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I wish PWG would run a double shot with Progress, or just a couple joint shows. Mabey even run the temple. I mean PWG is using Sabre, Scurll, Ospreay, End, and Andrews, all of them have had great matches and gotten over huge.

I mean it dosen't seem likely, but definatly not impossible either. You only need a couple more fly ins to make this work (Haskins, Havoc, Mastiff, possibly Jack Gallagher).

Euro wrestling is hot right now, and I think both companies would benefit, and expand PWG sales in Europe and Progress in the US.

I like this idea though personally, I would like to see PWG do some sort of super show with Progress, Dragon Gate, and Lucha Underground
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:55 am

That sounds great and everything, and PWG has ties to LU, Dragon Gate, and Progress. But personally I would rather see just Progress and PWG team up. If all four companies did a super show each company would use their top guys, which would be awesies, don't get me wrong. But if it were just PWG and Progress there would be more of a chance we could see more guys lower on the Progress card. I have said a bunch of times now how much I love Haskins and Havoc, but I would also love to see guys like Paul Robinson, Tyler Bate, Jack Gallagher get the chance to come over here. Let's be honest, as awesome as all those guys are they probally would'nt come here if all four companies co-promoted.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:57 am

Should have proof read that, oh well.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:27 pm

eastbay510 wrote:That sounds great and everything, and PWG has ties to LU, Dragon Gate, and Progress. But personally I would rather see just Progress and PWG team up. If all four companies did a super show each company would use their top guys, which would be awesies, don't get me wrong. But if it were just PWG and Progress there would be more of a chance we could see more guys lower on the Progress card. I have said a bunch of times now how much I love Haskins and Havoc, but I would also love to see guys like Paul Robinson, Tyler Bate, Jack Gallagher get the chance to come over here. Let's be honest, as awesome as all those guys are they probally would'nt come here if all four companies co-promoted.

True but I think its for the best to bring in the top guys anyways as they are more proven than lower card guys for now plus I think its more appealing to different guys mixing it up plus it be nice to really showcase said different styles anyways
El Asian

DVD Orders

Postby shyboy13 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:23 pm

Is anyone else still waiting for their DVD shipment?
shyboy13

Postby Itchypanda » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:47 am

It appears Sami Callihan is available again...possibly after 90 days. He request his leave.
http://prowrestlingsheet.com/solomon-crowe-nxt-wwe-asked-release-released/
Itchypanda

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:18 am

Nah, he appeared at AAW's show last night, and is going to be at Cage of Death on the 12th. Wouldn't be surprised if he's back for the Jan. 2nd show.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:41 pm

90 days doesn't apply to companies like AAW, CZW, or PWG since they don't have a TV deal, so he could return by All Star Weekend or January 2 show.

Also, I should bring this up but Rising Son, a local guy that kinda broke out around the same time as Super Dragon, Excalibur, Disco Machine, and TARO has passed away, he made onE appearance in PWG back in 2004 and then kinda left after Revolution Pro went under.
El Asian

Postby OSKMIA » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:47 pm

El Asian wrote:90 days doesn't apply to companies like AAW, CZW, or PWG since they don't have a TV deal, so he could return by All Star Weekend or January 2 show.

Also, I should bring this up but Rising Son, a local guy that kinda broke out around the same time as Super Dragon, Excalibur, Disco Machine, and TARO has passed away, he made one appearance in PWG back in 2004 and then kinda left after Revolution Pro went under.

Oh man that sucks. How did he pass? How did you find out?
OSKMIA

Postby luca brasi » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:18 pm

I don't remember Rising Son ever appearing at PWG... which show?
luca brasi

Postby El Asian » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:34 pm

OSKMIA wrote:
El Asian wrote:90 days doesn't apply to companies like AAW, CZW, or PWG since they don't have a TV deal, so he could return by All Star Weekend or January 2 show.

Also, I should bring this up but Rising Son, a local guy that kinda broke out around the same time as Super Dragon, Excalibur, Disco Machine, and TARO has passed away, he made one appearance in PWG back in 2004 and then kinda left after Revolution Pro went under.

Oh man that sucks. How did he pass? How did you find out?

It was mentioned on SoCalUncensored but also Nick Jackson mentioned it on Twitter

luca brasi wrote:I don't remember Rising Son ever appearing at PWG... which show?

Tango and Cash Invitational 2004 teaming with Disco Machine against B-Boy and Homicide
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:40 am

Chris Sabin's been announced for ROH's Final Battle card. So, LOVE GUN for DDT4 2016 anyone?
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:13 am

pwggrodd wrote:Chris Sabin's been announced for ROH's Final Battle card. So, LOVE GUN for DDT4 2016 anyone?

If he is able to work outside of ROH then yes. DDT4 needs all the help it can get, the last three years it has become the annual worst show of the year. Also there is only 8 teams, I hope a spot isn't wasted on deadweight like Candice and Joey.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:26 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Sabin teaming with Sydal again though personally, I would like to see Ricochet and Matt Sydal together in DDT4.

As for DDT4, with new teams that have been appearing, so I'm sure it could be filled with that like Angelico and Jack Evans, American Wolves, Scurll and Sabre Jr., Pentagon Jr. and Fenix, Ciampa and Gargano, and possibly Tabarnak de Team since Excalibur talked about them on Twitter, so I could assume they may debut soon. Hopefully we'll see Beaver Boys and Team Tremendous back as well. Maybe possible debut for The Hooligans or War Machine (if permitted by ROH) or even Roppongi Vice, depending what the hell is going on with Chuck Taylor by next year. Dream case scenario, I would like to see Alex Shelley and KUSHIDA or YAMATO and Naruki Doi involved, actually now that I think about it, I do hope nothing conflicts between NJPW and PWG for DDT4 to allow the Young Bucks involved.

As for Candice, I think she's fine to keep around but I do feel maybe its time for PWG to bring in more female wrestlers, at least bring Taya Valkyrie, Sexy Star, and Cheerleader Melissa. As for Joey, probably pair him with somebody else or something, I say with Joey and later Candice going to DDT in Japan, I would like to see some DDT guys in PWG, maybe PWG can bring in Danshoku Dino and Yosuke <3 Santa Maria to face Joey Ryan in a match or something, just to make everyone in Reseda uncomfortable.

Also may as well ask this, but maybe its time to make DDT4 next year go to 2 nights and expand from 8 to 16 or just keep it at 8 but still do 2 nights like the 1st 2 years of DDT4?
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:22 pm

El Asian wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Sabin teaming with Sydal again though personally, I would like to see Ricochet and Matt Sydal together in DDT4.

As for DDT4, with new teams that have been appearing, so I'm sure it could be filled with that like Angelico and Jack Evans, American Wolves, Scurll and Sabre Jr., Pentagon Jr. and Fenix, Ciampa and Gargano, and possibly Tabarnak de Team since Excalibur talked about them on Twitter, so I could assume they may debut soon. Hopefully we'll see Beaver Boys and Team Tremendous back as well. Maybe possible debut for The Hooligans or War Machine (if permitted by ROH) or even Roppongi Vice, depending what the hell is going on with Chuck Taylor by next year. Dream case scenario, I would like to see Alex Shelley and KUSHIDA or YAMATO and Naruki Doi involved, actually now that I think about it, I do hope nothing conflicts between NJPW and PWG for DDT4 to allow the Young Bucks involved.

As for Candice, I think she's fine to keep around but I do feel maybe its time for PWG to bring in more female wrestlers, at least bring Taya Valkyrie, Sexy Star, and Cheerleader Melissa. As for Joey, probably pair him with somebody else or something, I say with Joey and later Candice going to DDT in Japan, I would like to see some DDT guys in PWG, maybe PWG can bring in Danshoku Dino and Yosuke <3 Santa Maria to face Joey Ryan in a match or something, just to make everyone in Reseda uncomfortable.

Also may as well ask this, but maybe its time to make DDT4 next year go to 2 nights and expand from 8 to 16 or just keep it at 8 but still do 2 nights like the 1st 2 years of DDT4?

Why the hell would you want to see Danshoku Dino and Yosuke Santa Maria? Don't encourage Joey, personally I would like to see him retire or leave PWG.

I agree about bringing in more women, although personally I would rather see Evie, KLR, Shida, Heidi Lovelace, and if they ever did bring in women I think it should have a reason, not just spot matches(ROH).

I love the LDRS, but they broke up years ago, I don't think either wants to team regularly(I got that impression from talking to Zack), also Zack might be PWG champ by DDT4. Some teams I wanna see are Trevor Lee/Sami Callihan, Gargano/Ciampa, Ospreay/Andrews, mabey another Euro team, End/Haskins(I don't think Michael Dante is good enough to be flown in)?
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:06 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Why the hell would you want to see Danshoku Dino and Yosuke Santa Maria? Don't encourage Joey, personally I would like to see him retire or leave PWG.

Because that match would be awkward and uncomfortable for the Reseda crowd, it be hilarious plus in all seriousness, with Joey, could be used as a connection to bring in DDT guys like HARASHIMA, Daisuke Sasaki, Makoto Oishi, or Saki Akai

eastbay510 wrote:I agree about bringing in more women, although personally I would rather see Evie, KLR, Shida, Heidi Lovelace, and if they ever did bring in women I think it should have a reason, not just spot matches(ROH).

True, the only reason I suggested Taya Valkyrie, Sexy Star, and Cheerleader Melissa since they will usually be in town, so it wouldn't require Super Dragon flying out women plus those 3 are draws in terms of women wrestling in indies plus maybe bring in Stardom chicks through Melissa as well like Io Shirai, Mayu Iwatani, Kairi Hojo, and Kris Wolf, I guess Evie as well, I guess PWG could also bring in Tessa Blanchard if she starts traveling with Ricochet, same with MsChif if she travels with Elgin now that he is back as well.

Also, I'm sure we all know now and I can discuss this in another thread for this subject on future ROH guys to bring in for PWG but yeah, PWG and ROH worked a deal out to allow guys to start working PWG again, that does open the door for potential teams for DDT4 as well
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:47 pm

Here's hoping for ReDRagon and War Machine. I'd like to see Cedric Alexander make his way back too.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:34 am

Well I'm sure reDRagon will return by DDT4 though I'm not expecting them to be at January 2 show due to Wrestle Kingdom being very close, definitely agree with War Machine, also gonna throw in Dalton Castle as well, also would like to see the Briscoes and Jay Lethal back for a few appearances
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum