Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Meltman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:50 am

Basically, a thread for random observations, match discussions, and etc. I think it's a decent idea.

Anyway, just noticed that the roster page's been updated. A bunch of new pics and B-Boy, Cabana & London added. However, Ronin's gone. I always thought he was decent, but oh, well.
Meltman

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby OSKMIA » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:32 am

You know what I find weird about the roster page is that Rocky Romero is still listed. Also Brandon Bonham isn't listed, didn't he quit wrestling or something like that? I sure hope he didn't.
OSKMIA

Postby Meltman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:02 am

Wow, didn't even realize Bonham was gone. Guess the rumors (of him retiring) were true.

Castagnoli's gone, too. He was a decent fly-in, I guess.

Sucks about Bonham, though. The guy could've been a huge asset.
Meltman

Postby EnforceTheWorld » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:52 pm

Whoa, whoa whoa... Bonham retired?

Does anyone know the story behind this? I really enjoyed him as a wrestler, from his PWG debut at "1.21 Gigawatts" all the way to his (in my opinion) highly entertaining match with Kenny Omega at BOLA 2008. He's just one of those guys you thought could really make a name for himself, and I for one thought he would be around for awhile.
EnforceTheWorld

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:18 pm

Does anyone know if Ronin is injured? I've been a fan of his for a while. He's awesome.
Whoblehwah

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:39 pm

EnforceTheWorld wrote:Whoa, whoa whoa... Bonham retired? Does anyone know the story behind this?

According to Matt Jackson on an Internet Radio show, Bonham has a really good job outside of wrestling and doesn't want to risk it by getting hurt in the ring or something of that nature. I also heard something about him being in a rock band. There may be date conflicts with that as well.

Whoblehwah wrote:Does anyone know if Ronin is injured? I've been a fan of his for a while. He's awesome.

Ronin returned on an HRW show in October, and is listed for an upcoming AWS show. I guess PWG just doesn't have any plans for him right now. Too bad, as I loved the Scorpio Sky and Ronin tag team.

As for Claudio, I enjoy his work... but I think giving him a rest for a while is a good move. He sorta run out of things to do in PWG. Similarly I think Necro Butcher would also benefit from a few months away.
TigerDriver98

Postby BOLA4ever » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:56 am

im surprised TJ is still listed wasint his last match last saturday
BOLA4ever

Postby Meltman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:23 am

BOLA4ever wrote:im surprised TJ is still listed wasint his last match last saturday

I'm sure they'll still fly him in from time to time. I mean, Anderson and PAC both spend a majority of their time in Japan nowadays, but they're still there.
Meltman

Postby Peace » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:25 pm

Fly in TJ? Really?
Peace

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:54 pm

Am i the only one would thought t.j was terrible, im actully glad to see him leave na, na, na, na na,na,na,na hey, hey, hey goodbye.
ESPINOZA316

Postby Peace » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:08 pm

It's not that he was terrible. He's ruined potential. Never really made a name for himself. I think if he had kept the mask on from the beginning and was still Puma till this day he may have become somebody special. Instead he became just another indy kid with dyed hair who can't cut a promo to save his life.
Peace

Postby Meltman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:18 pm

Peace wrote:Fly in TJ? Really?

Well, it's the only logical explanation when he's moved to a different state and is still on an updated roster page.

Didn't say he was worth flying in. Just said that's probably what'll happen.
Meltman

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:23 am

I'm not the biggest TJ fan but some of his matches were good. I really enjoyed his BOLA match with Danielson and wish they could have had they're re-match at Express Written Consent but I guess it wasn't meant to be. And sucks to hear about Bonham. The guy is super talented and had a great showing at BOLA especially his match with Nigel showed he could be a top player in PWG. Hopefully he can come back at some point if he wants or his job allows it. I'm wondering why Super Dragon is still on the roster when he hasn't wrestled in over a year and I highly doubt he's gonna get in the ring anytime soon
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:30 pm

With Colt Cabana back, the follow match needs to happen:

Necro Butcher vs. Matt Classic
Lord Akiyama

Postby The Six » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:34 am

TJ vs. Danielson should just happen at the anniversary show or something. There's no reason why not.
The Six

Postby shyboy13 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:49 pm

Here are my random thoughts:

- Ive been watching a lot of old school PWG and Super Dragon vs Kevin Steen is fuckin crazy. I just finished watching it a few minutes ago and I cant believe it still entertains me so much after all this time. Not only is that my favorite PWG match ever but it is one of my favorite matches ever.

- PWG really needs storylines. I am one of the biggest PWG fans in the world but even I have to admit that there is really something lacking in the storyline department. As I watch my old DVDs, I find myself enjoying the very few storylines they have had more than the dream matches they have showcased. The sad part of that is that there have really been very few actualy stories to follow. If fly-in wrestlers' availabilities are an issue, perhaps the storylines can revolve around the local guys or the reliable fly-ins who are likely to show up all the time.

- I really hope the rumors of PWG going out of business soon are false

- Does anyone else realize that in a single show PWG had the (hopefully permanent) returns of Tornado, Sky, Anderson, and BBoy? Not only that but we also got Paul London who in my opinion was awesome. So in one show the roster grew by 5 wrestlers who are not only good but differentiate the PWG product from any other indy fed. Not to mention that theyre all local. To me this could only be good for PWG's future as it makes the roster that more rich and more interesting.

- Davey Richards shouldnt have kicked that dude in the back. Whoever thinks it was justified should get kicked in the back themselves. And I never even met the guy or even spoke one word to him. I just know that this country has rules and laws and people cant just go around kicking people because they feel like it or for the entertainment of a few wresting nerds who may think its funny.

- I wish I knew when the next show was already.
shyboy13

Postby CheMateo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:06 am

WrestlingFanMatt wrote:I'm wondering why Super Dragon is still on the roster when he hasn't wrestled in over a year and I highly doubt he's gonna get in the ring anytime soon
Well, it's quite simple my good man. The photo remains to remind The Dynasty, that one day they will have to answer to Super Dragon. He will return one day. The mental and physical healing process takes time. It should never be rushed. The end result of a fine wine or lager, is thanks to a slow and thorough process. The same applies to the Dragon's return, we don't want him to return prematurely again, right? All in due time.

Lord Akiyama wrote:With Colt Cabana back, the follow match needs to happen:

Necro Butcher vs. Matt Classic
I don't know why you mention Matt Classic in the same breath as Colt Cabana.
ImageClearly, they are two different people.

shyboy13 wrote:Here are my random thoughts:

- Ive been watching a lot of old school PWG and Super Dragon vs Kevin Steen is fuckin crazy. I just finished watching it a few minutes ago and I cant believe it still entertains me so much after all this time. Not only is that my favorite PWG match ever but it is one of my favorite matches ever.
Right on. It was a hot feud and both men really punished each other through the course of the feud. I'm always amazed when I go back and see the crazy spots. There are two spots off the top of my head which seem to get overlooked but always make me cringe. The first one was the tope con hilo Super Dragon essentially executed straight onto the concrete. The other one was when Steen basically crushed the internal organs of Super Dragon. Dragon was laying on the floor and Steen went for a somersault plancha and completely crushed Dragon.

- I really hope the rumors of PWG going out of business soon are false
Where did you hear that? I hope it's just a load of garbage.

- Does anyone else realize that in a single show PWG had the (hopefully permanent) returns of Tornado, Sky, Anderson, and BBoy? Not only that but we also got Paul London who in my opinion was awesome. So in one show the roster grew by 5 wrestlers who are not only good but differentiate the PWG product from any other indy fed. Not to mention that theyre all local. To me this could only be good for PWG's future as it makes the roster that more rich and more interesting.
Yeah, that was pretty awesome having all those guys return/debut on one single card. But I thought Anderson was heading back to Japan.

- Davey Richards shouldnt have kicked that dude in the back. Whoever thinks it was justified should get kicked in the back themselves. And I never even met the guy or even spoke one word to him. I just know that this country has rules and laws and people cant just go around kicking people because they feel like it or for the entertainment of a few wresting nerds who may think its funny.
Kick me. Let's agree to disagree on this point. Yeah, I see your slippery slope pov. But, I think the majority of the fans got a kick out of it besides me. The guy took it as well as could be expected. It's not like he came wielding a gun after the show looking to take out Davey. Some may see it as unnecessary but I have to admit to liking it, as it reminds me of the crazy type of old school heat wrestlers used to get. The wrestlers would push the envelope and rile up the fans and in return the fans would hate the said wrestler with a passion.
CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:52 am

my own random thoughts:

-I really wish PWG did better with their YouTube account or just did something much more with it, like post exclusive clips from shows not yet on DVD, some clips of shows that just happened already, or an improved online show hosted by Excalibur and rotating guest where they air clips of matches, some exclusive footage of shows they just held, and promos and skits exclusively for the online show

-also some international names I would love PWG to bring in the future: Daisuke Sekimoto, KUDO, Masada (not MAZADA that teams with Nosawa), Giant Bernard (to team with Karl Anderson most likely), Jorge "Skayde" Rivera, Dave Taylor, MIKAMI, Minoru Fujita, Naomichi Marufuji,Munenori Sawa , Ikuto Hidaka, The Kartel (Sha Samuels and Terry Frazier), El Pantera, YAMATO, Akira Tozawa, and Brodie Lee, okay last guy not really an international name but someone I always felt PWG should bring in one day, I would've said Kota Ibushi, BxB Hulk, and Masaaki Mochizuki but I have a feeling PWG was going to bring those guys in anyways

-I am disappointed Claudio is gone from the roster but he'll be back
El Asian

Postby Zwarrior2 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:52 am

El Asian wrote:my own random thoughts:

-I really wish PWG did better with their YouTube account or just did something much more with it, like post exclusive clips from shows not yet on DVD, some clips of shows that just happened already, or an improved online show hosted by Excalibur and rotating guest where they air clips of matches, some exclusive footage of shows they just held, and promos and skits exclusively for the online show

This is one of the weak points in the PWG set-up that I would like to see improved. ROH, JAPW and CHIKARA have their own shows that fans can use for updates and whatnot but PWG seems to leave us high and dry.
Zwarrior2

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:59 pm

I don't think this needed it's own thread, but Colt Cabana vs Puma (aka former PWG regular, TJ Perkins) will be a dark match on tonight's TNA tapings. I hope Colt signs with TNA actually. Not that I don't enjoy him on the Indies, but I think he is someone who really deserves to be TV.
TigerDriver98

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum