Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:54 pm

With tickets going on sale tomorrow I wonder if any more matches will be announced tonight.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:36 pm

Less than half an hour from ticket sales, and it doesn't look like the rest of the card will be announced.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:18 pm

I wonder that maybe it is time to split up World's Cutest Tag Team at this point and turn Joey into a heel again, maybe pair him with the Beaver Boys and Ethan Page, while Candice can do her own thing or maybe bring in gals like Veda Scott, Cheerleader Melissa, Christina Von Eerie, or Sexy Star to team up with Candice or maybe pair her with Gargano depending if WWE ends up signing Gargano as well.
El Asian

Postby the.devil.himself » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:27 pm

I hate it when people take videos of the shows..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mRI7tYDfKM
the.devil.himself

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:43 am

I picked up the Rushmore 2.0 shirt from the Bucks on Saturday. My life is instantly better because of it.
Garden State Saint

Postby bford24 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:23 pm

I got mine when the Bucks were in Arlington, TX...great shirt!
bford24

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Gargano and Ciampa are at the NXT taping tonight.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:33 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Gargano and Ciampa are at the NXT taping tonight.

And apparently won a match against Tyler Breeze and Bull Dempsey, who are regulars in NXT as well, if that means they are gone, hopefully they can get a farewell match before at least.

And while we are all focused on BOLA coming up, who knows if PWG has a show planned in October but apparently Stardom, I believe the top joshi promotion in Japan, has their top talent in California for on October 16 and 18 including Io Shirai, Act Yasukawa, Kairi Hojo, Mayu Iwatani, and Reo Hazuki plus non-local women part of their roster like Star Fire, Kris Wolf, and Chelsea plus Cheerleader Melissa is there as well. But yeah, note the missing date of October 17 even though I'm sure PWG doesn't have a show booked on October 17 and who knows if the Stardom girls have a show booked on 10/17 but if PWG does book a show on 10/17, I think they could take advantage of having the Stardom wrestlers in town and have them work some sort of showcase match PWG, maybe an 8 woman Stardom tag match or something.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:17 am

I wouldn't be opposed to that. As far as Gargano goes, it looks like he might have been written out of EVOLVE after last night. Biff Busick too. Certainly seems to add strength to the rumors that they're going to NXT.
pwggrodd

Postby OSKMIA » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:26 pm

I really really want to see Super Dragon wear some kind of tie dye color scheme when he teams with the Bucks this weekend. Hahaha It would be insane!
OSKMIA

Postby El Asian » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:39 am

While we are all focused on BOLA this weekend, some other news regarding PWG has come out but congrats to Joey as I believe he is finally doing some tours in Japan through DDT in September

https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/stat ... 5793810433
El Asian

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:42 pm

I'm happy for PWG, but I can't help but think of all the missed opportunities for local talent.

Willie Mack, Ryan Taylor, and the RockNES Monsters immediately come to mind. Though it's hard to name more that have been on shows in the past several years even, because there have been very little.

I'd rather solid locals (like Brian Cage now) take precedence over The Beaver Boys, Team Tremendous, or Mike Bailey. If anything I expected PWG to try more locals since last year with the whole ROH contract thing, but instead it seems like they're just bringing in whoever gets a buzz on the Internet or something. I'm positive it'd save money too, as if Dragon doesn't sleep in a kiddy pool full of Washingtons.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:59 pm

I'd like to add that I hope Thatcher actually goes somewhere in PWG.

He's gonna be The Man on the indies soon, and I'd like to see some of that in the G.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby do0shebag55 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:09 pm

Anyone else think Christian Cole killed the announcing gig on Nights 2 and 3? Aside from being late on Night 3?

IMO, he was way better than Melissa Santos.
do0shebag55

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:25 am

Super Dragon Mark wrote:I'm happy for PWG, but I can't help but think of all the missed opportunities for local talent.

Willie Mack, Ryan Taylor, and the RockNES Monsters immediately come to mind. Though it's hard to name more that have been on shows in the past several years even, because there have been very little.

I'd rather solid locals (like Brian Cage now) take precedence over The Beaver Boys, Team Tremendous, or Mike Bailey. If anything I expected PWG to try more locals since last year with the whole ROH contract thing, but instead it seems like they're just bringing in whoever gets a buzz on the Internet or something. I'm positive it'd save money too, as if Dragon doesn't sleep in a kiddy pool full of Washingtons.

So your saying PWG should book Ryan Taylor , Willie Mack , RockNES Monsters over guys like Scrull, End and lets say Trevor Lee ? because those guys you mentioned are from California ? The fact is the guys you mentioned don't get booked by PWG because PWG is here to book the Best Talent they can get which is why PWG is PWG. I hate hearing crying fans say PWG needs to book more local talent because PWG is based in California. PWG isnt a wrestling charity for local talent. PWG is the best Indy promotion around and if your not being booked by PWG well thats cause chances are your not good enough to wrestle for PWG.
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:32 am

Super Dragon Mark wrote:I'm happy for PWG, but I can't help but think of all the missed opportunities for local talent.

Hell no, the local talent for the most part is pretty bland. I unfortunately went to an NWA Hollywood show a few months back, Ryan Taylor, Yuma, and Goodtime are really bland. Willie got his push but shit the bed in his much built up match with Cage. Speaking of Cage, he is extremely hit or miss.

Honestly the dream matches are what's making the shows must buy this year. If anything I'd like to see the Euro talent back on a regular basis, and if Sabre moves to SoCal that meabs he is local and use that money to fly in Ospreay or Scurll on a regular basis. And if they consistently sell a lot of DVD's in Europe they will be making PWG money.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:16 am

I really think Brian Cage needs to be a tag team guy. Too inconsistent as a singles guy. I wonder what happens with Mt. Rushmore 2.0, if Dragon really is injured. I also wonder about the roster going forward. Right now, it looks like Busick, Swann, ACH, Fox, Ciampa, Gargano, Sabin and Taylor are done. Can they keep bringing in the Euro Trash collective, and the LU/AAA guys? Lots of questions, but then, that's the way it's been for several years now.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:11 am

pwggrodd wrote:I really think Brian Cage needs to be a tag team guy. Too inconsistent as a singles guy. I wonder what happens with Mt. Rushmore 2.0, if Dragon really is injured. I also wonder about the roster going forward. Right now, it looks like Busick, Swann, ACH, Fox, Ciampa, Gargano, Sabin and Taylor are done. Can they keep bringing in the Euro Trash collective, and the LU/AAA guys? Lots of questions, but then, that's the way it's been for several years now.

I'm gonna be honest, as far as ACH and AR Fox go, personally I'm glad they're gone. ACH has fallen so far it's ridiculous, he went from having amazing matches to doing exclusively spots and comedy. I think the Euro guys have to be brought in full time. If you think about it hypothetically if each European guy adds only 100 DVD buys (and for the entire contanant of Europe that seems low) that's $1,500 minus the $300-$400 they would have already spent it actually works... as long as people buy the DVD'S. The other thing is who on the US indy scene are you dying to see? I have said Matt Cage and Shane Strickland in the past, but neither has really taken that next step like I thought they would in 2015. To me Juice Robinson(CJ Parker) and Tracy Williams are really the only US guys I want to see brought in. Buy the way I think Silver should drop the comedy snd just wrestle, I feel like the comedy is really holding him back.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:05 am

I agree with you about ACH. He's regressed this year. Hot Sauce needs to come in and team with Drew Gulak.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:52 pm

Looks like Gulak's going to sign with the WWE, so never mind.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum