Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby bford24 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:25 pm

Very happy for Drake but I heard he was going to be a referee in WWE. Hopefully he does wrestling too
bford24

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:57 pm

bford24 wrote:Very happy for Drake but I heard he was going to be a referee in WWE. Hopefully he does wrestling too

Where did you hear this?
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

I've seen that on other forums too, but I don't know the original source either. Anyway, he's supposed to be finishing up his indie dates by late April. Wouldn't be surprised if we've already seen the last of him in PWG then.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:52 pm

Hopefully Drake does end up going to NXT at least and not become a ref though it would be safer for him I suppose.

Also, with Drake leaving, I did hear reports about Kevin Steen, Michael Elgin, and Roderick Strong going to the Performance Center soon, so we may see the last of them in PWG for awhile.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:48 pm

El Asian wrote:Hopefully Drake does end up going to NXT at least and not become a ref though it would be safer for him I suppose.

Also, with Drake leaving, I did hear reports about Kevin Steen, Michael Elgin, and Roderick Strong going to the Performance Center soon, so we may see the last of them in PWG for awhile.

If I were a gambling man I would bet that none of the three get signed, Steen with his weight issue, and Roddy and Elgin with their lack of charisma.

That being said I would love for all three to be signed, they all deserve it. Although PWG would be losing a four top guys the company will be just fine, there is plenty of talent to carry the company, and there are so many great guys who could be brought in.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:48 am

Drake obviously deserves a crack at this in NXT. I hope nothing but the best for this dude, top notch talent for a long time and just a great guy.
Garden State Saint

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:05 am

Tomorrow should be interesting as tickets go on sale for the March 28th show . Wondering if any talents will be posted .
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:55 am

ShadowMaster wrote:Tomorrow should be interesting as tickets go on sale for the March 28th show . Wondering if any talents will be posted .

I hope not, I think it would be more intresting if they don't.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:30 am

Thought you guys might enjoy this...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hqMsFb15HvE

It's an interview El Generico/Sami Zayn did with MTV UK.

This is the first time I've seen him speak as himself, so I found it absolutely fascinating.

He seems like a really great guy... passionate and super-positive.

Gives Drake Younger a run for his money lol.
toby80

Postby toby80 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:42 am

Crazy that the Bucks now hold the PWG, IWGP and ROH tag titles :!:
toby80

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:53 am

toby80 wrote:Crazy that the Bucks now hold the PWG, IWGP and ROH tag titles :!:

That's why the Bucks are the "best in the world"...
The_Sharpshooter

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:09 am

toby80 wrote:Thought you guys might enjoy this...

This is the first time I've seen him speak as himself, so I found it absolutely fascinating.

eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:11 am

toby80 wrote:Thought you guys might enjoy this...

My Mount Rushmore for nicest wrestlers are Drake, Generico, Drew Gulak and Kimber Lee... with Hero just missing the cut.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:05 am

Saw Jonathan Gresham mentioned on his twitter that he'll be taking bookings in the US from May onwards. I'm hoping for a PWG stop.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:39 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Saw Jonathan Gresham mentioned on his twitter that he'll be taking bookings in the US from May onwards. I'm hoping for a PWG stop.

Thats awesome. Any reason for the change?
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:21 pm

None that I found. Here's the tweet, verbatim-"Promoters! I'll be back to USA in a week, I am accepting bookings for May till the end of the year." I really like the guy, so him showing up on more US shows is cool with me.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:23 pm

I think he's just moving back to the US since he has been living in Germany for awhile.

eastbay510 wrote:
El Asian wrote:Hopefully Drake does end up going to NXT at least and not become a ref though it would be safer for him I suppose.

If I were a gambling man I would bet that none of the three get signed, Steen with his weight issue, and Roddy and Elgin with their lack of charisma.

That being said I would love for all three to be signed, they all deserve it. Although PWG would be losing a four top guys the company will be just fine, there is plenty of talent to carry the company, and there are so many great guys who could be brought in.

You do have a point though with Steen, who knows as they do have Bray Wyatt but then there was the issue with Hero as well know. As for Elgin and Strong, I think they have plenty of charisma, well more so than certain guys in WWE at this point, plus I say they are the type to carry good matches with certain if needed plus they can develop their personalities more in NXT anyways. Also, ACH is heading the Performance Center with those 3 or maybe it happened already.
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:47 am

pwggrodd wrote:None that I found. Here's the tweet, verbatim-"Promoters! I'll be back to USA in a week, I am accepting bookings for May till the end of the year." I really like the guy, so him showing up on more US shows is cool with me.

Gresham vs. O'Reilly would be real tight.
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:57 am

I'd LOVE to see those guys chain wrestle. It would look so crisp. He'd also match up well with Gargano, Hero, Elgin, Ciampa, Mack, Nese, Strong, and Steen, I think.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:31 pm

"Sportsmanship" is the most annoying chant in the history of pro wrestling, I wish it would never happen in PWG again.
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum