Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby toby80 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:29 am

pwggrodd wrote:Meltzer seems to think that NJPW wants Ricochet to become their new Prince Devitt. Hard to say if that will really effect PWG or not, due to the infrequency of PWG events.

Yeah I hope he's still able to do PWG shows. After appearing in tags for the best part of the last year or so, he seems set for a big push in the singles scene. It would be great to see him challenge for the likes of BoLA and the PWG World title. It's fantastic to see him achieving so much in Japan this year though. Richly deserved.
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Matt Sydal vs. Ricochet and Trent? vs. Curt Hawkins. Make it so, PWG.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:04 pm

Curt Hawkins vs. Chuck Taylor....winner gets to be the true best friend of Trent?.
Garden State Saint

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Ambrose hit The Nigel on Smackdown tonight. It had to be stated somewhere.
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:56 am

What do you guys want to see from PWG after BOLA? Personally, I'm hoping for a B show in October, and All Star Weekend XI to close the year in December.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:49 pm

I want to see a feud, my friend SlayJay, who is on this fourm suggested mabey between Trevor and Cedric. They are already wrestling or teaming in almost all their PWG matches so far, they know each other very well, and they came in together.

I'd like to see Gulak and Busick become regulars.

I really hope O'Reilly stays champ for a very long time, have Bryan Danielson ROH title type reign.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:53 pm

Well, I think Gulak and Busick are both placed in matches that are tailored to their strengths, so they should impress. And if they do that, they should be in. Speaking of things I'd like to see, I've noticed that EVOLVE 34 and 35 will be taking place September 13-14, and Zack Sabre Jr. is scheduled for both shows. If Sabre is going to start appearing on a more regular basis in the US, I'm hoping that BOLA won't be his only appearances for PWG. I'm also hoping that Matt Sydal continues to make appearances in between his Dragon Gate commitments. I'm also still hoping for Uhaa Nation, Jonathan Gresham, and Timothy Thatcher to make debuts sometime as well, maybe at another All Star Weekend.
pwggrodd

Postby KickToKill » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:55 am

Would like to see more Peter Avalon, I think he could be a top heel, Like in a sleazy Joey Ryan kinda way
KickToKill

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 am

Peter Avalon with some bigger guys on the roster as his bodyguards/enforcers could work pretty well, I think. I don't think he'll be back until Ray Rosas returns from his knee injury though. I saw that IWL is hyping a Young Bucks/Monster Mafia rematch, and those two are starting to work more in the US again. They'd be pretty good additions to the roster as well.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:41 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Peter Avalon with some bigger guys on the roster as his bodyguards/enforcers could work pretty well, I think. I don't think he'll be back until Ray Rosas returns from his knee injury though. I saw that IWL is hyping a Young Bucks/Monster Mafia rematch, and those two are starting to work more in the US again. They'd be pretty good additions to the roster as well.

I have been watching a bunch of AIW and AAW reciently, I gotta say, the more of Ethan Page I see the less impressed I am. He and Josh Alexander are great together, but I don't think Page is that great in the ring(I will admit he does some cool stuff). His gimmick annoys the living shit out of me, I hate it with a passion, it is so over the top and I don't find it entertaining.

I will admit Josh Alexander is awesome.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:18 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:Peter Avalon with some bigger guys on the roster as his bodyguards/enforcers could work pretty well, I think. I don't think he'll be back until Ray Rosas returns from his knee injury though. I saw that IWL is hyping a Young Bucks/Monster Mafia rematch, and those two are starting to work more in the US again. They'd be pretty good additions to the roster as well.

I have been watching a bunch of AIW and AAW reciently, I gotta say, the more of Ethan Page I see the less impressed I am. He and Josh Alexander are great together, but I don't think Page is that great in the ring(I will admit he does some cool stuff). His gimmick annoys the living shit out of me, I hate it with a passion, it is so over the top and I don't find it entertaining.

I will admit Josh Alexander is awesome.

It kinda strikes me that Ethan Page might fancy himself as a pretty funny guy but I don't see it. Thats my slight disconnect with Page.
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:41 pm

Spike TV will not be renewing TNA's TV contract after it expires in October. Anybody up for Samoa Joe, Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards and TJ Perkins coming back to Reseda? I'm hoping for it. I'd at least like the DojoBros back.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:19 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Spike TV will not be renewing TNA's TV contract after it expires in October. Anybody up for Samoa Joe, Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards and TJ Perkins coming back to Reseda? I'm hoping for it. I'd at least like the DojoBros back.

PWG's tag division has been really hurting since Eddie left, I would love to see the Dojo Bros. back... after the Roderick/O'Reilly angle plays out. Also I would love to see Eddie/O'Reilly.

I don't know how much Joe has left in the tank, but it would be cool to see him for nostolgia's sake, plus there are a lot of fresh matches.

Davey and TJP, I don't really care if they come back or not, as long as PWG uses them to help the new guys get over and it isn't just a "greatest hits" type deal.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:03 pm

TJP was in TNA still?

Also some guys I would love to see from TNA would Shiima Xion, James Storm, Robert Roode, and possibly even Bully Ray
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:53 am

The fact that you didn't know TJP was still there shows how poorly/infrequently they used him.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:22 pm

pwggrodd wrote:The fact that you didn't know TJP was still there shows how poorly/infrequently they used him.

Pretty much.

Other guys I would like to see from TNA in PWG would be Rockstar Spud, Ethan Carter III/Derrick Bateman, and Tigre Uno/Extreme Tiger, I would suggest Seiya Sanada but he might be going back working to Wrestle-1 primarily instead. As for Joe, if Joe is motivated again, he could be great and have fresh matches with lots of guys though, for some reason, I do feel Bully Ray would be somebody very interesting in PWG.
El Asian

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Just because Spike is dropping them it doesn't mean the company is going out of business...
abouttreefitty350

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:31 am

True, but wrestling is so down right now, I can't imagine anyone else would want to pick them up. The WWE got fucked pretty bad going back to USA, and they're the one promotion everyone knows about. TNA has essentially had the exact same million fans watching for nine years. Who gives a fuck?
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:33 am

Hell, the WWE couldn't get NXT picked up or get a set of Saturday Night's Main Event specials picked up either, come to think of it. I just don't see anything happening for TNA in this climate. And honestly, they deserve it.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:30 am

The main reason why TNA is good as dead is the fact that Spike was funding TNA up to this point and as we all know, TNA has been in a financial disaster, there is a reason why "Mr. TNA" AJ Styles left the company or the fact Sting finally accepted to get paid by Vince McMahon after years being in TNA, hell I guarantee that working BOLA will end up being more money for guys like Styles, Sabin, Daniels, and Kazarian than their last days in TNA and now with Spike probably gone, TNA has lost pretty much the only source of funding at this point to survive.
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum