Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:22 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:Beaver Boys over Monster Mafia if I had to choose.

This. Although I do like Josh Alexander.

Beaver Boys<<<<<<<<Monster Mafia<Juicy Product.

I like the Juicy Product but I think they need to find their own identity with a different set of tandem moves. Just seems like a lot of elbows and super kicks which we have enough of between Hero, O'Reilly and the Bucks.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:59 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:Beaver Boys over Monster Mafia if I had to choose.

This. Although I do like Josh Alexander.

Beaver Boys<<<<<<<<Monster Mafia<Juicy Product.

I like the Juicy Product but I think they need to find their own identity with a different set of tandem moves. Just seems like a lot of elbows and super kicks which we have enough of between Hero, O'Reilly and the Bucks.

Yea, I definitely think Juicy Product have potential. I find them very irritating, they bassicly try to be the Bucks except they are not funny(just like Ethan Page actually). And I find their matches are kinda the stereotypical "indy spot fest". And I hate their shirts that say "Over as fuck" with a passion.

The Beaver Boys matches with 4Loko in CZW last year are far superior to anything Juicy Product have ever done, and on top of that Jon Silver's character is great snd not a Young Buck knock off.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:48 am

Personally I rather would see Monster Mafia over Juicy Product and Beaver Boys but I agree the Juicy Product probably needs time though I say that now they are gone from CZW due to some issues that shouldn't have happened, I think both with more time and experience now, they'll improve. Also, nothing against either guys but I really don't like the name Beaver Boys. And personally as far as tag teams, I know I was against them being brought in the past but I saw more matches and I like the fact they are flippy fat guys, I would prefer seeing the Hooligans over the teams mentioned here.
El Asian

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:56 am

December 12 is the next show and doesn't seem to be All Star Weekend though. O'Reilly v.s Ricochet is the Main Event I could see maybe Lee v.s Strong . I know i'm gonna sound like a broken record but I really miss SSB especially with how low the tag division has come . SSB v.s Young Bucks were some great match's .
ShadowMaster

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:01 pm

I hear ya, I'd LOVE for the SSB to be back. But they said they were working on getting work visas in early 2013, and STILL have never come back. So I wouldn't count on it ever happening. That being said-I wonder if PPRAY and the RockNES Monsters will be back for DDT 2015 and/or if we'll see some new teams.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:04 pm

Word is the WWE had talent scouts at Untitled II specifically there to watch Uhaa Nation, who also recently had a tryout. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up like Samuray del Sol did. Two/three matches, gone. Damn.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Most likely that is why Brad Maddox was there again but yeah, it does suck that as soon as PWG starts bringing Uhaa in, they lose him like Del Sol did but it'll be nice to have Uhaa there as long as they can until then.

Anyways, PWG's good friends at Highspots posted a trailer for shoot interviews with Kenny Omega and Michael Elgin and some interesting things concerning PWG was brought up. With Elgin, Elgin discusses the relationship between PWG and ROH from the booker while Elgin was ROH champ at the 48 second mark.

In Omega's shoot, he talks about a desire to work NJPW full time, which I assume that the interview happened before he did sign full time for them and interesting he mentions at 3 minute and 15 second mark, he mentions that if he worked got signed with NJPW, that would allow him to work PWG more frequently.

El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 am

Omega in PWG more than once every two years= a happy me.
pwggrodd

Postby toby80 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:50 am

I'm really excited for O'Reilly vs. Ricochet. Feels like a fitting way to see out the PWG year!

Also, 100% agreed on Uhaa and Omega. Any chance they have to appear is a blessing.
toby80

Postby toby80 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:37 pm

OMG - The Bucks vs. Sydal and Sabin, and a 4-way between Cage, Nation, Busick and Ciampa have been added to the Dec 12 show!
toby80

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:54 am

Spoiler for that four-way-somebody dies.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Looking great, I do hope PWG can bring Shelley back and have him bring in KUSHIDA as well if possible and have them face against Sydal and Sabin. Also, since Shelley and KUSHIDA call themselves TimeSplitters, I would love to see Sabin and Sydal to be referred to as Time Crisis.
El Asian

Postby toby80 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:49 pm

Great to see Trent? back. That 6-man is gonna be a blast.

Roll on Dec 12!
toby80

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:20 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:I like the Juicy Product but I think they need to find their own identity with a different set of tandem moves. Just seems like a lot of elbows and super kicks which we have enough of between Hero, O'Reilly and the Bucks.

Yea, I definitely think Juicy Product have potential. I find them very irritating, they bassicly try to be the Bucks except they are not funny(just like Ethan Page actually). And I find their matches are kinda the stereotypical "indy spot fest". And I hate their shirts that say "Over as fuck" with a passion.

The Beaver Boys matches with 4Loko in CZW last year are far superior to anything Juicy Product have ever done, and on top of that Jon Silver's character is great snd not a Young Buck knock off.

I agree with all of this, especially the point about the Beaver Boys vs. 4Loko matches.
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:37 am

John Silver would take all of about ten seconds to get over with the Reseda faithful, so I agree. On a completely unrelated train of thought, there's a good chance Uhaa's getting signed soon, and Rich Swann was apparently at a tryout in September.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:40 am

Uhaa getting interest from WWE really isnt surprising, he seems like he would fit in perfectly. Also rumor has it that Adam Cole's ROH contract is up in December and perhaps he will go to WWE or New Japan. With WWE these days who knows when they will sign up more talent, I can see them resigning Ciampa, or signing Gargano or Ricochet.

But on the flipside I wouldn't be surprised if we see Eddie Edwards or Sami Callihan back soon.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:20 am

Ciampa's had so many knee injuries I don't see him getting another shot. I've heard that Cole is more likely to be NJPW-bound, but we'll see. I heard the reason they passed on Ricochet was because they didn't like his accent. No. Really. As far as Eddie and Sami coming back, that would make me happy. I've been hoping that maybe Austin Aries will make his way in-they obviously had plans for Strong and Aries as a team back in 2011, but then Aries went to TNA and that was that.
pwggrodd

Postby OSKMIA » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:24 pm

In other news Kevin Steen's new name in WWE could be Kevin Owens which I like... a lot. Also, it makes tons of sense.
OSKMIA

Postby toby80 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:27 am

OSKMIA wrote:In other news Kevin Steen's new name in WWE could be Kevin Owens which I like... a lot. Also, it makes tons of sense.

I would prefer Owen to Owens, but yeah, it has that personal touch, so is very cool.
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:59 am

pwggrodd wrote:Ciampa's had so many knee injuries I don't see him getting another shot. I've heard that Cole is more likely to be NJPW-bound, but we'll see. I heard the reason they passed on Ricochet was because they didn't like his accent. No. Really. As far as Eddie and Sami coming back, that would make me happy. I've been hoping that maybe Austin Aries will make his way in-they obviously had plans for Strong and Aries as a team back in 2011, but then Aries went to TNA and that was that.

Is that really why they passed on Ricochet? I heard it was because they had never heard of him before and didn't want another flyer. Anyway with all the buzz he has created this year I'd be shocked if he didn't get signed one day.

I'm kinda split on Sami Callihan. On one hand I want him to make the main roster and become a star on TV. On the other I seriously doubt he will ever make it past NXT, and if he comes back to PWG one day I would give my left nut to see a Callihan/Trevor feud.
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum