Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby Meltman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:16 pm

Mercury and Tornado too. Poor Mercury, that didn't last long at all.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:21 pm

odd that Pac is still listed on the roster page while Sabin and Shelley haven't been listed yet
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:27 pm

Yeah, I remember they used to be on the roster page back before the whole "TNA pulls talent" controversy. I think them being in TNA may have something to do with them not being on the page. Maybe Kendrick and the Bucks still can be on there because they were in PWG first.

But yeah MCMG should be on there realistically.
Meltman

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Sucks about Mercury. We waited years for him to return full time, and he is gone again just like that.

Come to think of it... with HT, Mercury, Los Luchas gone now and Super Dragon MIA, the entire RevPro crew that was the core of PWG for so many years is now entirely gone. Kinda sad to see.
TigerDriver98

Postby Hayabusa420 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:53 pm

Yeah it sucks.I miss all those guys but Dragon,Bosh and Quicksilver the most.
Hayabusa420

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:27 pm

To be honest, Pac should be removed. I have been going to PWG for a year straight now (As the worm turns was my 1 year!) and I have yet to ever see Pac in person. Super Dragon, although retired, I can understand as he has meant sooooo much to the company (supposedly still working there) so he has earned a spot. But unless someone shows up frequently, they should not have a roster spot.

On a side note, after As the Worm Turns, I have truly come to believe that Scott Lost is perhaps the most underrated guys on the indy scene in North America. Its a shame that my east coast friends have never heard of him. Sharpshooter on the top rope?!?!? Who else would do that? other than Kobe, prob no one
Fsportsentertainment

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:40 pm

Fsportsentertainment wrote:
On a side note, after As the Worm Turns, I have truly come to believe that Scott Lost is perhaps the most underrated guys on the indy scene in North America. Its a shame that my east coast friends have never heard of him. Sharpshooter on the top rope?!?!? Who else would do that? other than Kobe, prob no one

Same here. I think Scott has a great swagger, this great aura of heelishness to him, the kind of asshole you like because he is the cool asshole. And he is a good wrestler.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:18 pm

Speaking of PAC: I saw that DGUSA announced PAC for their Canadian shows in early May. This is somewhat of interest to PWG fans because the last couple times PAC came to North America, he stayed for a few weeks at a time. Maybe he will again, and we can see PAC and Strong reunite in the DDT4 or something like that. It has been far too long since we have seen him in PWG.
TigerDriver98

updated roster page

Postby deadmandevilman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:27 am

New photos for a majority of the the roster. Tornado taken down. New addition - ryan taylor, Christian Von Eerie and Bonham. PAC and super dragon still listed as well. I say congratulations to the new additions, defiantly looking forward to more CVE, Taylor and Bonham matches.
deadmandevilman

Re: updated roster page

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:22 am

Yeah they updated the shit out the page lol

Von eerie!!!!
Souf Centrol

Postby Tarfoo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:17 am

Was there ever given any explanation to why Bonham decided to come back? He retired from wrestling and just kind of returned from out of nowhere.
Tarfoo

Postby CheMateo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:56 am

TigerDriver98 wrote:Sucks about Mercury. We waited years for him to return full time, and he is gone again just like that.

Come to think of it... with HT, Mercury, Los Luchas gone now and Super Dragon MIA, the entire RevPro crew that was the core of PWG for so many years is now entirely gone. Kinda sad to see.
Definitely is kind of sad. I also wonder what happened to Mercury. He was doing well, the MERKS were there, and out of nowhere he is gone.

Tarfoo wrote:Was there ever given any explanation to why Bonham decided to come back? He retired from wrestling and just kind of returned from out of nowhere.
Well originally Bonahm left due to his other career. Apparently it paid well and he didn't want to risk getting injured from wrestling. That was over a year ago and maybe things have changed. Which is good for us. I'm glad Bonham is back.
CheMateo

Re: updated roster page

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:Yeah they updated the shit out the page lol

Von eerie!!!!

Am I the only one not seeing it? The page looks the same to me.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 pm

CheMateo wrote:
Tarfoo wrote:Was there ever given any explanation to why Bonham decided to come back? He retired from wrestling and just kind of returned from out of nowhere.
Well originally Bonahm left due to his other career. Apparently it paid well and he didn't want to risk getting injured from wrestling. That was over a year ago and maybe things have changed. Which is good for us. I'm glad Bonham is back.

Bonham did an Internet radio show shortly before Kurt Russellreunion, where he explained why he was returning to wrestling as well as other things (such as the Nigel match at BOLA 08). It is worth a listen: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rubberguar ... d=download

El Hijo del Generico wrote:Am I the only one not seeing it? The page looks the same to me.

Try refreshing the page. That should work.
TigerDriver98

Postby Meltman » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:53 am

I was thinking about Tornado earlier, and I think he could be one of the greatest managers ever if he ever decided to take that route. For real, pair Tornado with anybody and it's an instant boost for that person. Plus it would be a nice way of keeping him in the mix.

Just an idea.
Meltman

Postby Whoblehwah » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Meltman wrote:I was thinking about Tornado earlier, and I think he could be one of the greatest managers ever if he ever decided to take that route. For real, pair Tornado with anybody and it's an instant boost for that person. Plus it would be a nice way of keeping him in the mix.

Just an idea.

I do think thats a good idea. They could have him manage The Negro Division. Also he can do commentary. That'd be nice.
Whoblehwah

Postby Whoblehwah » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:28 pm

I'm listening to that Bonham interview. He seems like a nice guy. When they asked him who he wanted to wrestle I knew he'd say Generico lol. I'd like to see that.
Whoblehwah

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:11 pm

I wonder when is the next show, need to make preperations
Souf Centrol

Postby PWGnorthern » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:18 am

Souf Centrol wrote:I wonder when is the next show, need to make preperations

agreed, I find myself checking the site more than I should for when the next show is announced
PWGnorthern

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 am

I was thinking about Tornado earlier, and I think he could be one of the greatest managers ever if he ever decided to take that route. For real, pair Tornado with anybody and it's an instant boost for that person. Plus it would be a nice way of keeping him in the mix.

I had an idea the other day for Tornado to manage LTP. Help him break out as a singles wrestler- as his pimp in training.
Have LTP imitate that dance kick in corner move (u know which one i'm talkin about) and even have LTP rock pimped-out gear like Tornado's...and a DND here are there by LTP would be cool too.
Or since PWG seems to be on fire with their women wrestling these days- Have Tornado elevate his pimp-ness to a whole new level and have him bring in and manage a new woman wrestler (maybe Aiden Riley...hot!) or a group of women wrestlers as his ho/hoes...
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum