Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:03 pm

Well with guys on their way out more and more, it is probably time to bring back AR Fox at least, I think he deserves another shot and with Swann leaving apparently, I think Fox can fill in the void. But there also guys like Timothy Thatcher Ethan Page, Team Tremendous, Zack Sabre Jr., and Mike Bailey will return to fill in the void. Hopefully the AAA guys and Drew Galloway will return for future shows as well as the other European guys depending how often PWG intends to fly them out. As for ACH, I wouldn't mind seeing him back but depending with him and Cedric Alexander's ROH contract, I'm not even sure if they can return to PWG either.

I think PWG could consider bringing in guys like Tim Donst, The Hooligans, Shynron, Matt Tremont, Shane Strickland, Tracy Williams, Tyson Dux, JT Dunn, Rey Horus, Seiya Sanada, Takaki Watanabe, and Jaka for future shows. Plus TNA will probably be dead by the next PWG happens, so that probably frees up more guys there. But as for local guys, I have to agree there isn't much, I don't really know much of the local scene anymore, so I'm not really sure if there is anyone on that scene that is worth bringing in anymore aside for bringing back Willie Mack and PPRay at least.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:24 pm

I honestly would like to see PPRay back. The tag division could use them. The Hooligans too. I think they could really wow the crowd, as would Shynron. Rey Horus is not a bad idea either. I hope the Beaver Boys come back too.
pwggrodd

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:36 pm

i actually like when PWG uses more california guys that i don't see wrestling in evlove/czw/roh. when PWG develops guys it makes the company feel like it has more of it's own identity. i mean if they can afford to fly out the euro guys i'm all for it, those guys are awesome and if the lucha guy are available that would be cool too.

i'm just saying though PWG was having great shows too back when bosh, sky, lost, quicksilver etc were on the roster and none of them were indy superstars. shit the next young bucks could be right under their noses but they're booking the beaver boys. look how long thatcher had been around but he had to go work on the east coast in order to get booked in reseda.

Steen Wolf is considered one of the best PWG shows ever and look at the line up for that
Singles Match
1. "Pretty" Peter Avalon, Freddy Bravo, & Ray Rosas vs. Famous B, Chris Kadillak, & Candice LeRae

Singles Match
2. TJ Perkins vs. "Azúcar" Rocky Romero

Tag Team Match
3. Fightin' Taylor Boys (Brian Cage-Taylor & Ryan Taylor) vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)

Singles Match
4. Willie Mack vs. Davey Richards

Tag Team Match
5. The Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky) vs. Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre)

Singles Match
6. Ricochet vs. Chuck Taylor

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Match
7. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) - Champions vs. Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly) - Challengers

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Ladder Match
8. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (Champion) vs. El Generico (Challenger)

shows like BOLA are great but i do like these kind of shows too.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:38 am

Steen Wolf was definitely one of the best shows in PWG history, I remember every match was good to great besides Dynasty/Los Luchas and TJP/Romero. All the other locals did impress, but besides Cage and the Bucks what rlse have any of them done? RockNESS were around for years, got hot, then cooled off and the crowd stopped caring. Willie Mack had a huge push then had a stinker with Cage in a match that had yo deliver. Cage can thank Elgin for saving him for recovering from that match, and evdn Cage who is one of the best local guys is extremely hit or miss, he can have a classic one night and put everyone to sleep the next. Ryan Taylor was around for years and all he managed to do is throw kicks and flip a lot of people off. I agree it's great to see PWG break out new guys not seen in other places, but don't just book guys for only that reason.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:57 am

I have to agree with eastbay here, a lot of the local guys haven't rose past the local scene, I really would have thought RockNES Monsters and Willie Mack would be touring with Dragon Gate after their matches at the last Kurt Russellreunion, similar how the Young Bucks started breaking out, but it never happened obviously though Mack has turned out fine at least but I still like to see PWG put Mack and Strickland together at least. It does seem though that outside of Cage, Bucks, and Candice that broke out of the local scene lately have been Hudson Envy and Sage Sin Supreme, no clue if there is any interest for PWG to bring those 2 in though.

I do agree Cage works better most of the time as a tag team, I say pair him with Ethan Page if possible. And I forgot about the Beaver Boys but yeah, they should return and probably will. I say this is why I feel PPRay should get another shot since I don't think they've really gotten a chance to really rise yet, put them against guys like Beaver Boys or Team Tremendous in their return and see if it can work or not.
El Asian

Postby OSKMIA » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:21 pm

I still think Brandon Gatson has unfinished business in PWG. He's the one local guy I really want to see come back.
OSKMIA

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:58 am

A Team Tremendous vs. PPRay match sounds really fun. Funnily enough, I thought Page would be a good tag partner for Cage too.
pwggrodd

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:07 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:
Super Dragon Mark wrote:I'm happy for PWG, but I can't help but think of all the missed opportunities for local talent.

Willie Mack, Ryan Taylor, and the RockNES Monsters immediately come to mind. Though it's hard to name more that have been on shows in the past several years even, because there have been very little.

I'd rather solid locals (like Brian Cage now) take precedence over The Beaver Boys, Team Tremendous, or Mike Bailey. If anything I expected PWG to try more locals since last year with the whole ROH contract thing, but instead it seems like they're just bringing in whoever gets a buzz on the Internet or something. I'm positive it'd save money too, as if Dragon doesn't sleep in a kiddy pool full of Washingtons.

So your saying PWG should book Ryan Taylor , Willie Mack , RockNES Monsters over guys like Scrull, End and lets say Trevor Lee ? because those guys you mentioned are from California ? The fact is the guys you mentioned don't get booked by PWG because PWG is here to book the Best Talent they can get which is why PWG is PWG. I hate hearing crying fans say PWG needs to book more local talent because PWG is based in California. PWG isnt a wrestling charity for local talent. PWG is the best Indy promotion around and if your not being booked by PWG well thats cause chances are your not good enough to wrestle for PWG.

No, I'm pretty sure I said I preferred guys like Tim Thatcher to Mike Bailey.

It's great that you've found an outlet for your aggression in the form of passive aggressive posts on a message board tho.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:24 am

Wheres the Aggression ? I wouldn't mind Thatcher being booked more im a huge fan of his but I wouldn't book him over Bailey and thats based on how over Bailey has gotten.
ShadowMaster

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:47 am

I noticed Lucha Underground begins TV tapings on November 14th. I wonder if that's why there hasn't been any announcements for the next show yet.
pwggrodd

Postby hey333 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:19 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I noticed Lucha Underground begins TV tapings on November 14th. I wonder if that's why there hasn't been any announcements for the next show yet.

Perhaps PWG could have their next show on Nov 13th so they could book the Lucha guys again.
hey333

Postby PWGnorthern » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:24 pm

So... I understand BOLA is probably exhausting on everyone, but id love to know when the next show is, or some talent...

ANYTHING !!!!
PWGnorthern

Postby El Asian » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:06 pm

Hopefully soon, I was hoping for an October 17 show with Stardom have wrestlers in town on on October 16 and 18 but that's out of the question now. A November 13 show sounds fine as well and hope it happens for the AAA guys coming but I am hearing that the next PWG shows will be on December 11 and 12 apparently, personally I hope PWG just announces both a November 13 and a double shot for December 11 and 12 if that's the case.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:24 pm

I'm thinking that they may be waiting to get that BOLA DVD money before they start booking people. Buy those DVD's people. That or they are figuring out who to book since a bunch of guys just left.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:29 am

Get the feeling that they're waiting until December for a few reasons-to be able to schedule both the European guys and the lucha guys, to consider some new talents to bring in, and to give Super Dragon some recovery time.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:48 am

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/evolve- ... t-28054230

This is pretty awesome. Crazy to think Thatcher and Sabre are on WWE's radar. Hotsauce seriously needs to be brought in to PWG soon.
eastbay510

Postby Itchypanda » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:25 pm

Itchypanda

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:32 pm

Sabre needs to win the PWG tittle at the next show. Even if it's not a long reign he should get it before/if he leaves.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:15 am

I always wonder about conflict of dates between the wrestlers PWG wants to use and what PWG is hoping to do. Getting Strong and Sabre on a date where the Legion Hall is available could be the hold up. Just a thought.
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:46 pm

Well, it's certainly possible. Could be an issue regarding any number of guys they want to book, for that matter. It's an eternal issue when most of the guys used are fly-ins. But I'm sure the cards that are being put together are going to be worth the wait.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum