Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby shyboy13 » Fri May 12, 2017 8:03 am

Man on a Silver Mountain on June 16th. Since Quicksilver probably will never be back it would be dope if they brought back Dino Winwood for this. Can't have a show with that name without Dino and/or Quicksilver.
shyboy13

Postby Luchaundead » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:08 pm

Dino has recently taken veiled shots at PWG on social media and really has constantly over the course of the past few years I doubt he will ever do anything with them again
Luchaundead

Postby El Asian » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:17 am

Yeah, Dino isn't exactly on good terms to return, at this rate, John Cena participating in BOLA has a better chance of happening.

Also, unrelated, I really hope Trevor Lee drops the "Born in the USA" gimmick soon, it was fun for awhile but now its just wearing its welcome.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:48 am

Trevor Lee is the most stale guy on the roster right now, I didn't see the last show, but it's been a while since he had a great match.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:44 am

The best thing about Riddle being out for this show is no Lee/Crist match. That would've been pretty weak.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:29 am

pwggrodd wrote:The best thing about Riddle being out for this show is no Lee/Crist match. That would've been pretty weak.

I am honestly shocked OI4K is still getting booked.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:32 am

You want Sami these days, you pretty much get Strickland, the Crists, and Scarlet and Graves too. I'm fine with the Crists as a tag team, and they're good in multi-man scrambles, but I really don't want to see them work singles matches. Neither is particularly good at it.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:47 am

pwggrodd wrote:You want Sami these days, you pretty much get Strickland, the Crists, and Scarlet and Graves too. I'm fine with the Crists as a tag team, and they're good in multi-man scrambles, but I really don't want to see them work singles matches. Neither is particularly good at it.

I don't think they are particularly good at tag wrestling either. Also I'm not super into Strickland personally. Dezmond however I think is amazing, and will get way better.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:21 am

Zack is now the 3rd longest reigning PWG champion as far as combined days. In 10 days he passes Steen. As of right now he has the 2nd longest individual title reign.
eastbay510

Postby shyboy13 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:22 pm

What has Dino been saying about PWG? I'm just curious that's all.
shyboy13

Postby shyboy13 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:24 pm

Oops. Wrong thread. My bad.
shyboy13

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:31 pm

If Zack makes it to September, that's the longest reign in history. Saw on Twitter that a Mexican indie that Super Astro runs is having a PWG Tag Title defense on the card-Penta and Fenix defending against Laredo Kid and Flamita and Jack Evans and Rey Horus. I think that would only be the third time the titles have been defended outside of the company, only the second time they've been defended outside of the U.S., and the first time they've been defended in Mexico.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:53 pm

pwggrodd wrote:If Zack makes it to September, that's the longest reign in history. Saw on Twitter that a Mexican indie that Super Astro runs is having a PWG Tag Title defense on the card-Penta and Fenix defending against Laredo Kid and Flamita and Jack Evans and Rey Horus. I think that would only be the third time the titles have been defended outside of the company, only the second time they've been defended outside of the U.S., and the first time they've been defended in Mexico.

Sounds cool, hope its online one day though personally, and I have suggested this before, but I would love for PWG to gather all the PWG title matches that has happened outside of PWG and release a compilation of them together.

Also, speaking of Penta and Fenix, really hope we see more title defenses from them soon, it was some of an annoying thing with last year when the Bucks were unavailable while being tag champs, ironic now that the moment the Bucks are no longer tag champs, they are appearing more shows this year.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:27 pm

I expect at least one, if not two tag title defenses on BOLA weekend.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:24 am

So watching GLOW on Netflix and in one episode, I see a very familiar looking place.
El Asian

Postby shyboy13 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:41 pm

El Asian wrote:So watching GLOW on Netflix and in one episode, I see a very familiar looking place.

Which episode? I just watched episode 1 and I don't think I'll be watching anymore but I'll check out the episode you're talking about.
shyboy13

Postby El Asian » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:02 pm

I say just keep watching the series since its very respectful to pro wrestling as well as the cameo appearances of other wrestling as well but if you must know, its in episode 5.
El Asian

Postby Itchypanda » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Hey everyone! I have 15 Night 1 NJPW Long Beach tickets to sell. I didn't horde these tickets. One of my best friends is a friend of one of the wrestlers. That wrestler was hoping to wrestle on Saturday or Sunday and purchased tickets for his extended family in Southern California to attend but he is not fully recovered from a recent injury.

I told him that I would purchase the tickets off of him and sell them at cost to fellow fans. I am selling them for what I paid for them: $40 each.

I sold 2. 13 left. The tickets are not amazing seats but considering it's a smaller crowd, you should be able to see the matches fine. Hit me up twitter via DM @itchyypanda if you want tickets and we can work out an arrangement. Cash or PayPal only, upfront.
Itchypanda

Postby El Asian » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:52 pm

Speaking of NJPW, granted that I'm sounding like a broken record at this point but after a great NJPW over the weekend, I would like to see PWG and NJPW work a deal for them to have PWG bring a few NJPW guys to come over for some special shows, definitely not BOLA unless PWG can bring in guys that NJPW will allowed to job during the tournament, but definitely bringing the NJPW main eventers like Okada, Naito, and Tanahashi for an All Star Weekend and book them against PWG guys that they could never face before that only PWG could provide.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:46 am

Word is Lio Rush got offered an NXT deal, and CZW announced a final match between him and Joey Janela for August 5th. So, we've either already seen the last of him, or BOLA will be it, probably. Another guy they can dump in the worthless cruiserweight division.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum