Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby CreedP » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:12 pm

I noticed that too.. high price yet smaller card. Only 7 matches, on a Friday night WITH a price increase was a 'pass' for me and my sidekick.

Ah well, I hope everyone who goes enjoys it. :)

CREED
CreedP

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:
AmericanWolvesMark wrote:I really hope they stop increasing the prices on tickets. I mean, I know why it's happening and realistically it'll continue to rise, but I remember when tickets were half of what they're charging now.

E-mail or Twitter (or whatever) the PWG guys, voice your concerns to Excal'. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that.

Nah. I know what the answer will be already. "Better talent = higher prices." I get all that; I don't have a REAL problem with it yet. However, when they start charging $55 or $60 for GA, as much as it pains me to say it, I may stop going to shows.
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:16 am

Well, I do hope that the higher prices lead to some impressive new guys, or some returns. I'm hoping the year closes with an All Star Weekend with some of the TNA guys that are now available on the cards (Aries, Edwards, Richards, Perkins, Joe, specifically).
pwggrodd

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:06 am

I'm just hoping we see Zach Sabre Jr at All Star Weekend . This show doesn't seem it should be $40 for GA but maybe they are charging more cause they are preparing for All Star Weekend .
ShadowMaster

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:06 pm

That's the hope, man! Sabre Jr. has a lot of potentially great possible matchups with the PWG regular roster, or anyone else that they'd want to bring in, for that matter. I've found he's a remarkably flexible wrestler. He works well with guys of virtually any size or style.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:05 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Well, I do hope that the higher prices lead to some impressive new guys, or some returns. I'm hoping the year closes with an All Star Weekend with some of the TNA guys that are now available on the cards (Aries, Edwards, Richards, Perkins, Joe, specifically).

I agree though I would hope that for shows like BOLA, DDT4, All Star Weekend, and the anniversary shows be $40 while other shows are $30, maybe also run shows monthly instead of bi-monthly as well but I think that usually determines whenever the wrestlers and Legion Hall becomes available. Also, speaking of TNA guys, those guys would be fine though I would like to see PWG also bring in Extreme Tiger and Seiya Sanada as well and I know people will question the shit out of this but, technically won't be a TNA guy any longer and who knows where he'll go after his stint with TNA ends, but I actually would like to see Bully Ray in PWG.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:14 am

Anyone else think Trevor Lee may join Mount Rushmore? You can't have a stable named Mount Rushmore with three guys.
Spoiler: show
Also he beat Steen clean and went for the package piledriver at multiple points at BOLA.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:44 am

Yeah, from the moment I heard Steen was leaving, I figured Lee would be the new fourth face. Makes the most sense to me, anyway. From what I've seen, Lee is a much better heel than face.
pwggrodd

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:31 am

I'm kicking myself for buying tickets to Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights for 10/17 a week before the show was announced! I'll be buying the DVD though.
abouttreefitty350

Postby jdrouskirsh » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:03 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Anyone else think Trevor Lee may join Mount Rushmore? You can't have a stable named Mount Rushmore with three guys.
Spoiler: show
Also he beat Steen clean and went for the package piledriver at multiple points at BOLA.

I'm thinking if anyone, Roddy seems like the obvious choice with his recent heel turn... Cole and/ or the Young Bucks could interfere in the title match and help him win the title
jdrouskirsh

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:14 pm

That wouldn't make any sense to me-why would Adam Cole want anyone other than himself to have the title? Isn't consistent with his character.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:55 pm

AAW Wrestling have Michael Elgin booked for their 10/17 show, so apparently his border issue must have been cleared up a lot quicker than was expected. Hope the Unbreakable F'N Machines ride again soon.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:45 pm

That's good to hear, since that show conflicts with the next PWG show coming up, my guess is that we'll see Elgin back by least the show after the October show, which I'm gonna assume is in December.

Also, random idea I had but I would like to see PWG do a 1 night tournament of 6 person tag matches with probably at least 8 teams at least.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:08 am

Considering what the average six-man tag is like in this company, a night of them would burn the crowd out by intermission.
pwggrodd

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:57 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Well, I do hope that the higher prices lead to some impressive new guys, or some returns. I'm hoping the year closes with an All Star Weekend with some of the TNA guys that are now available on the cards (Aries, Edwards, Richards, Perkins, Joe, specifically).

What's up with that? I thought TNA were dicks about their talent, or is it just 'cause they're doing bad?
Super Dragon Mark

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:33 pm

All Star Weekend coming up in a few months it would great to see Sabre Jr v.s Trent ( depending on his knee ) ACH v.s Adam Cole , Trevor Lee v.s Strong , Elgin v.s Hero , and depending if it could happen O"Reilly v.s Samoa Joe . Ricochet v.s AJ Styles .
ShadowMaster

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:08 pm

EVOLVE's doing a series of shows in China, of all places, in November and they have Trent? scheduled for them, so I'm assuming he's going to be healed up by then. I'm not sure why they would bring him along otherwise. So, hopefully he'll be around for whatever comes after October 17. TNA has started to allow their talents to work for indies provided they don't have iPPV, Super Dragon Mark, mostly because a lot of their guys are getting paid per appearance until the new TV deal gets worked out-which probably won't happen until next year. Even then, TNA's probably not going to have anywhere near as much money to work with as they used to, so I wouldn't be surprised to see TNA guys become relatively regular fixtures on the indie scene again.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:52 am

El Asian wrote:Also, random idea I had but I would like to see PWG do a 1 night tournament of 6 person tag matches with probably at least 8 teams at least.

Another tourney show? But more importantly, what would you call it?
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:

What's up with that? I thought TNA were dicks about their talent, or is it just 'cause they're doing bad?

They are doing that bad at this point, I can honestly say that most indies have more money than TNA right now but as far as TNA guys, the ones mentioned are guys to expect though I think Aries is leaving TNA anyways but I would like to see PWG bring in Tigre Uno from TNA as at least

pwggrodd wrote:Considering what the average six-man tag is like in this company, a night of them would burn the crowd out by intermission.

I think the crowd is drunk enough to enjoy plus throw in some singles match as well could help things

Garden State Saint wrote:
El Asian wrote:Also, random idea I had but I would like to see PWG do a 1 night tournament of 6 person tag matches with probably at least 8 teams at least.

Another tourney show? But more importantly, what would you call it?

I was thinking either The Power of Three, after the Doctor Who, or The King of Fighters, after the video franchise that is known to focus team of 3 most of the time.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:01 pm

A night of 6 man tags is way to much, I think the biggest problem with the tag division reciently is it is WAY to spot happy. 7 six man tags in one night would be way to many spots for one show, hell, I didn't even think the last two DDT4's were very good for that exact reason. The crowd would definatly be tired by intermission, and I think it would be a chore watching on DVD.
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum