PWG needed/wanted wrestlers thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: PWG needed/wanted wrestlers thread

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri May 29, 2009 11:35 pm

i liked kenny king when i saw him in AWS a few years ago, and recently on the ROH tv show i saw him and he looked just as impressive but has a character now. i'd love to see sara del ray come back and do something.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby watts63 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:24 pm

Too Cold Scorpio
Negro Division (LTP & Willie Mack)
Brandon Gatson
K.O.S.(Too Bad Ryan Taylor is Going To Japan Soon; Good Luck To Him)
Johnny Goodtime
Charles Mercury
Anchors Away
Shane Haste (Underrated)
watts63

Postby guerillamonsoon » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:17 pm

watts63 wrote:K.O.S.(Too Bad Ryan Taylor is Going To Japan Soon; Good Luck To Him)
\d)

Agreed on this, Mondo and Aiden are pretty entertaining and Ryan has the ring skills to make them legit. I spoke to Aiden for a little bit at the last EWF and Ryan is only gonna be doing a 3 month tour, I think she said he would be back around August/September. So who knows we could possibly see him before the end of the year.
guerillamonsoon

Postby Meltman » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:16 am

watts63 wrote:Too Cold Scorpio
Negro Division (LTP & Willie Mack)
Brandon Gatson
K.O.S.(Too Bad Ryan Taylor is Going To Japan Soon; Good Luck To Him)
Johnny Goodtime
Charles Mercury
Anchors Away
Shane Haste (Underrated)

I really like this list you've made. I think LTP, Gatson & Goodtime should all be on the roster right this moment, and yet they're not. I can't understand why.

Also, 2 Cold Scorpio is awesome and very underrated. PWG could benefit a lot from bringing him in, at least part-time.
Meltman

Postby Alex08 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:20 pm

We need Shiima Xion in PWG! Bring him in for BOLA... At first I doubted him, but his skills are undeniable and he looks to be well worth every penny it would take to bring him in.
Alex08

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:00 am

Alex08 wrote:We need Shiima Xion in PWG! Bring him in for BOLA... At first I doubted him, but his skills are undeniable and he looks to be well worth every penny it would take to bring him in.

He looks cool. At times in the video he reminds me of Teddy Hart. I wouldn't mind seeing him come out. Where is he from?
DjEn3rgy21

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:29 am

Here is my list:

Eddie Kingston! (he needs to come back, if it's because of Hero that he's not been back I think that's complete bs)
Teddy Hart
Jack Evans
Too Cold Scorpio
and just as a dream pick, and this has a slim to none chance of happening but you never know:
SID!
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby Meltman » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:05 am

Alex08 wrote:We need Shiima Xion in PWG! Bring him in for BOLA... At first I doubted him, but his skills are undeniable and he looks to be well worth every penny it would take to bring him in.

Apparently Xion and El Generico were involved in a match in Mexico where people ended up throwing money into the ring.

He should be brought in just for that reason.

Also, I'd love to see The Osirian Portal on some PWG cards.
Meltman

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:17 pm

Meltman wrote:

Apparently Xion and El Generico were involved in a match in Mexico where people ended up throwing money into the ring.

He should be brought in just for that reason.

Also, I'd love to see The Osirian Portal on some PWG cards.

That alone is reason enough for me, just remember to through a few 20s my way. lol
DjEn3rgy21

Postby OSKMIA » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Finally someone who sees my point of view! I have been saying for months that Shiima Xion should be brought in to PWG. He's got charisma and damn is he good in the ring. BOLA 09 make it happen PWG!
OSKMIA

Postby El Asian » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:15 pm

speaking of local guys, Biggie Biggz has been doing security for PWG for a long time now, you think at some point they'd give him a match at some point
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:30 am

I have to bring up a name I haven't seen on here yet.

"The Anarchist" Arik Cannon.

This guy has been busting his ass on the indies for almost a decade now, and the most exposure he's ever had was in WSX, which only lasted like a month.

Cannon's wrestled twice in PWG, losing to Ronin and Bonham. I never saw the Ronin match, but Cannon/Bonham was one of the best openers in PWG history, if you ask me.

Cannon's got a ton of cool moves and knows how to tell a story in the ring. His feud with Hero from a few years back is one of the best in indy history, IMO. He can play face or heel with ease and can adapt to any opponent's style. Probably my favorite thing about Cannon.

I think PWG could really use a guy like Cannon, who can have a great match with just about anybody.
Meltman

Postby kenssmith » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:21 am

Meltman wrote:I have to bring up a name I haven't seen on here yet.

This guy has been busting his ass on the indies for almost a decade now, and the most exposure he's ever had was in WSX, which only lasted like a month.

Cannon's wrestled twice in PWG, losing to Ronin and Bonham. I never saw the Ronin match, but Cannon/Bonham was one of the best openers in PWG history, if you ask me.

Cannon's got a ton of cool moves and knows how to tell a story in the ring. His feud with Hero from a few years back is one of the best in indy history, IMO. He can play face or heel with ease and can adapt to any opponent's style. Probably my favorite thing about Cannon.

I think PWG could really use a guy like Cannon, who can have a great match with just about anybody.

Arik Cannon. Blah. No thanks. His career highlight was having his face shoved in cement and slapped with a fish. One should retire after that becuase you totally don't top that. Unless you're slapped with two fish.
kenssmith

Postby pandanwh » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:19 pm

I have always wanted to see Angel the Hardcore Homo/Hardcore Homo Angel. Youtube his xpw skit with Joey, it was funny as hell. He is a local and his comedy value is worth it alone.

Also a random person who I miss from WCW is Alex Wright.
pandanwh

Postby Meltman » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:34 am

I recently read that Jimmy Jacobs is no longer in ROH. From a business standpoint, I think PWG needs to take advantage of this. The guy's one of the best talkers on the indies and can have solid matches if given the right partner/opponent.

And another nomination: he's a full-time worker in Japan, but I think PWG should fly Prince Devitt in for a show sometime. He's been in PWG before; had a fantastic match against Davey a few years back. Really a solid talent who'd be worth it.
Meltman

Postby CheMateo » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:24 pm

I think Prince Devitt is a great wrestler. He wasn't in So Cal for too long before being snatched up by New Japan. Honestly I think his match with Davey was disappointing but I put that blame on Davey. People just need to check out some of his work on youtube. I doubt PWG would fly him in though. Hopefully luck will be on our side and he'll be back in L.A. and can appear at a show.

The same goes for Kaz Hayashi. I wish there was some excuse for him being out here so PWG could use him again.
CheMateo

Postby Whoblehwah » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:20 pm

kenssmith wrote:
Meltman wrote:I have to bring up a name I haven't seen on here yet.

Arik Cannon. Blah. No thanks. His career highlight was having his face shoved in cement and slapped with a fish. One should retire after that becuase you totally don't top that. Unless you're slapped with two fish.

What are you talking about, Arik Cannon's awesome. I've always thought he was underrated. His matches with Chris Hero are awesome. His match with Brandom Bonham at LDW was great for an opener. I don't see why PWG (or CHIKARA and ROH for that matter) doesn't book him more often.
Whoblehwah

Postby Meltman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:24 am

Cannon is definitely underrated and a great talent, and he's even added more moves to his arsenal this year (a bit of high-flying). He should really be considered as regular talent, as no other federation is using him to the best of his potential.

CheMateo wrote:The same goes for Kaz Hayashi. I wish there was some excuse for him being out here so PWG could use him again.

Was Hayashi in town when PWG booked him? I always thought they'd flown him in.
Meltman

Postby CheMateo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:39 pm

I believe he was already in town and PWG was able to take advantage of the situation. It's tough getting him out here, maybe he can come back for a BOLA.
CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:46 pm

Arik Cannon is really good and deserves to get more bookings in PWG and Prince Devitt whenever he's available, suggesting some more names

Rhett Titus especially if PWG brings in Kenny King, bring Titus as well together

Brian Kendrick, technically still in the WWE but I have this gut feeling he'll get released very soon, so maybe PWG can look into that

Giant Bernard, formerly known Prince Albert or A-Train to most people, but really talented big guy in New Japan, would love to see PWG bring him in to team up with Karl Anderson

maybe Eddie Edwards as well, to team up with Davey Richards mostly though

also, probably won't ever happen but I would to see PWG bring them in, Minoru Suzuki and Yoshihiro Takayama although I believe those 2 are good friends NOSAWA, so maybe PWG can work something out
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum