PWG Tag Team Titles' future...

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

PWG Tag Team Titles' future...

Postby FurryFan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:50 pm

So, with the Bucks heading to TNA, I'm wondering what everyone thinks should go down with their tag team championships. Personally, I don't know how this will work out, as obviously TNA stars have been able to appear on shows lately. However, it is not frequent enough to defend the belts at every show. I feel like the YBs ought to drop the titles and (get ready, this is the fun part) this is how I'd do it.

I'd actually like to see an angle play out wherein the Young Bucks rub their TNA contracts in the fans' faces, as well as opponents. I'd have the next few shows' card announcements involve the Bucks, but only to announce that they won't be appearing. They have prior obligations. Make it a point that these aren't even TNA events, only things like tanning salon appointments and wardrobe brainstorming with Brutus Beefcake. Finally, at DDT, force them to defend the belts in the tournament. When it finally comes down to it, they lose the titles in the first round to Joey Ryan and Scott Lost. In the finals, I'd put the belts on a new team with Ryan taking the pinfall. Cue the Scott Lost beatdown on Joey for the next big summer feud.

What do you think? How would everyone else handle the PWG tag titles?
FurryFan

Re: PWG Tag Team Titles' future...

Postby Meltman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:02 pm

It looks to me like the upcoming title match is a culmination of events. You've got
Meltman

Postby bford24 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:21 am

I am all for new tag team champions, which should happen at least every so often, but I really think if they are continuing with the faction wars that Chuck is going to turn on Tornado. I think at the rate PWG does shows, the Bucks can appear on all of them and defend their titles. I think they lose them at DDT and not sooner.
bford24

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:20 am

Wouldn't it be funny if they lost them to MCMGs, another TNA team? Lol.

Seriously though, I hope they lose them soon. No offense to The Young Bucks, but I think its time to let someone else hold the belts.
Whoblehwah

Postby npdavis » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:53 pm

bford24 wrote:I am all for new tag team champions, which should happen at least every so often

Well some would say that the frequency of title changes in the history of PWG means that The Young Bucks' long reign is just evening things out a bit. 8)
npdavis

Postby tmac9311 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:27 pm

I'm hoping for a 2 Skinny Black guys of low moral fiber title win. I think they could work well as a tag team, and it could also lead to a 2SBGoLMF vs 2SBGoLMF title match down the road. Like you guys said though, they will probably be able to attain every show (or at least as many as Omega), so there should be no rush to make them drop the titles.
tmac9311

Postby camstun187 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:20 pm

If I was booking, i'd take a turn for the ironic...

Have the bucks beat the skinny black guys of low moral fiber this month in a great match, and have taylor and tornado shake hands, ending the team but on a good note (so that they can re-unite throughout the year in case Omega is inserted into the storyline, which he should be at some point)...

Then, at the next show, have the bucks beat Los Luchas, the Cutlers, and goodtime/LTP in some cool-ass spotfest opener match, but have them be such heels that they barely do anything at all in the match, and only sneak in the victory through some sneaky ass tactic.

Then the bucks would cut the obligatory "going to the big time" promo, and leave getting a bunch of heat.

Then, later in the show, have chuck taylor come out and talk about how "those two little faggots aren't leaving tonight with the belts", and then have him go on to say that he deserves one more chance, and that he has only one option...a man who he has fought his hardest wars with over the past year....

*OLE OLE OLE OLE*

Bam, awesome match right there, bucks come out, and it's on.

After some greatness, have the bucks start to sup[erkick the shit out of generico ala steen at BOLA, and as they cinch in the final pair of kicks, Generico just no-sells it with some fighting spirit, only to be met with two final superkicks, which would get hella boo's. All of a sudden, taylor would come in with knucks and just fucking ROCK BOTH OF THEM (the ref would be down, too), and really, really stiff shots, too.

1,2,3, and thats a tag team title change...
camstun187

Postby El Asian » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:13 pm

whether you love or hate the Reseda place, I think we can all agree that when the Young Bucks do lose the titles, it has to be at Reseda
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Reseda would be fucking wild for the Bucks losing. I wonder if we'll see this feud end in the first-ever Tag Team Guerrilla Warfare match?
Meltman

Postby maxx powerz » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:41 am

I agree with the Bucks holding the belts til DDT4, if TNA lets the Bucks wrestle most of the shows in between. If not, I say have the Bucks win at the next show cause Chucky T turns on Tornado, then have 2SBG win at the next show. I just think its a bad idea to assume two guys have good chemistry and put the belts on them in their first match as a team. Its been done, sometimes with awesome results (Davey/Dragon and Bosh/Lost, to be fair), but I'd rather Generico and Tornado get the nod.
maxx powerz

Postby Whoblehwah » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:24 pm

Whatever they do, I just hope they don't vacate them. That'd be really lame. I think it'd be best if they lost them in a match involving 3 or 4 teams. Heres who they have to work with:

The Young Bucks (obviously)
2 Skinny Black Guys or Steenerico
Roderick Strong and Davey Richards (or Paul London if he ever comes back and continues the Hybrid Dolphins thing)
Men of Low Moral Fiber
The Dynasty
The Cutler Brothers
Murder City Machine Guns
Los Luchas

In a match like this they could do a lot. They could end the Young Bucks title run and start a new fued at the same time. Lets say its YBs/2SBG/MoLMF. 2SBG and MoLMF work together to take out the Bucks, then they have to fight it out amonst themselves to see who gets the belts. Just when it looks like MoLMF are about to win, Chuck Taylor hits the Omega Driver on Kenny Omega and walks out on him. 2SBG hit him with Dat Nigga Dead and a Brainbuster and there you go. New champs, new fued. It'd probably be a great match too.
Whoblehwah

Postby SoCalAndyIsGay » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Why would the Young Bucks have to drop the belts just because they are in TNA? MCMG have been on just about every PWG show or every other show. Young Bucks can just main event every other show if their schedules permit. Aren't Young Bucks part owners of PWG anyways? Maybe they can book the PWG shows on not TNA nights.
SoCalAndyIsGay

Postby iamawesome » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:40 am

camstun187 wrote:If I was booking, i'd take a turn for the ironic...

Have the bucks beat the skinny black guys of low moral fiber this month in a great match, and have taylor and tornado shake hands, ending the team but on a good note (so that they can re-unite throughout the year in case Omega is inserted into the storyline, which he should be at some point)...

Then, at the next show, have the bucks beat Los Luchas, the Cutlers, and goodtime/LTP in some cool-ass spotfest opener match, but have them be such heels that they barely do anything at all in the match, and only sneak in the victory through some sneaky ass tactic.

Then the bucks would cut the obligatory "going to the big time" promo, and leave getting a bunch of heat.

Then, later in the show, have chuck taylor come out and talk about how "those two little faggots aren't leaving tonight with the belts", and then have him go on to say that he deserves one more chance, and that he has only one option...a man who he has fought his hardest wars with over the past year....

*OLE OLE OLE OLE*

Bam, awesome match right there, bucks come out, and it's on.

After some greatness, have the bucks start to sup[erkick the shit out of generico ala steen at BOLA, and as they cinch in the final pair of kicks, Generico just no-sells it with some fighting spirit, only to be met with two final superkicks, which would get hella boo's. All of a sudden, taylor would come in with knucks and just fucking ROCK BOTH OF THEM (the ref would be down, too), and really, really stiff shots, too.

1,2,3, and thats a tag team title change...

You put a buttload of thought into this....
Good call
iamawesome

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum