Booking the Next Show

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Booking the Next Show

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Fri May 14, 2010 8:37 am

El Asian wrote:seeing that its most likely that the next show will be around late in June, here's what I hope to see

PWG World Title Match
Davey Richards (c) vs. Chris Hero

PWG World Tag Title Match
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Tarfoo » Fri May 14, 2010 1:03 pm

I'm not sure how much talent will be available that time (also can't remember what exactly happened a few shows back), but anyway, here's what I'd book in my parallel PWG universe:

Battle of The Contenders - 2/3 Falls
Chris Hero vs. Kenny Omega

- Winner gets to use his title shot next month one-on-one with Richards. The stipulation is a bit questionable, but it would add something new to this match-up (as it wouldn't be a first)

Non-Title Open Challenge
Davey Richards vs. Chuck Taylor

- While Hero or Omega's eventual rematch would be pushed until next month, Richards issues an open challenge to anybody in the locker room, and promises to grant a future title shot to whomever faces him and manages to go over. Taylor is sick of being stuck in the tag team scene, and wants to prove himself as a legitimate singles competitor in PWG.

#1 Contenders Match
The Cutlers vs. The Briscoes

- Both teams were eliminated in the second round of DDT4, so they feel equally deserving of another title shot. First they must face each other, though, and see which alliance of brothers is supreme. The Cutlers would of course go over as an upset.

Singles Match
El Generico (w/Paul London) vs. Brian Kendrick

Devastated for the fact that his good friend would go on and win tag team gold with someone other than himself, Brian Kendrick makes his return and takes on the other half of the Danger Bees, wanting to send a message to the baby-kissing, orphan-funding and fun-loving luchador. The message being "I'm the only one for Paul!". No homo.

Do Or Die
Roderick Strong vs. Ryan Taylor

- Ryan needs to prove himself if he wishes to continue tagging with Strong. Can the young newcomer beat the near-legendary tag-whore and impress his DDT4-partner to guarantee future bookings as a unit?

Inter-Gender Tag Team Match
Scott Lost & Joey Ryan vs. Christina Von Eerie & Candice LeRae

- The women of Guerrilla unite and take on the duo of PWG's biggest sleaze/douchebags. Can The Dynasty co-exist now that the pride of their gender is on the line?

Singles Match
Malachi "CK" Jackson vs. Jerome "LTP" Robinson
Tarfoo

Postby b2u » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm guessing that the next show will either have to be on Sunday the 22 or Sunday the 29 because ROH is running two double shots back to back weekends. Or they could have no show at all in August and bring back All-Star Weekend after a two year absence and run a double shot September 3rd and 4th. The old BOLA Labor Day weekend slot. But I'll just assume that they'll somehow have a show in August.

PWG World Title: Davey Richards(c) vs. Bryan Danielson
PWG World Tag Team Titles: Peligro Abejas(c) vs. The Cutlers; Generation Me interferes and costs the Cutlers the match without the knowing of London or Generico, once they find out they brawl with the Bucks and the Cutlers join in on a 4 on 2 beating, then Malachi coming out two drag them out of the ring in time. This sets up a cage match the next month between the Cutlers and Generation Me.
Akira Tozawa vs. Colt Cabana
Chris Hero vs. Brian Kendrick
Roderick Strong vs. Brandon Bonham
Chuck Taylor vs. Brandon Gatson
8 Person Tag Match: Ryan Taylor, Peter Avalon, Malachi Jackson and Christina Von Eerie vs. Johnny Goodtime, Joey Ryan, The Return of LTP and Candice LaRe

I have no idea when Kenny Omega is coming back.
b2u

Postby hjaskater » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:02 pm

I'm reeeeeally hoping they run a show August 28th or 29th, because that's the week I'm in Hollywood.
hjaskater

Postby hjaskater » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:19 am

Okay, since the next show's BOLA, here's my line-up of choice:

Regulars
-Chris Hero
-Bryan Danielson
-Davey Richards
-El Generico
-Brandon Gatson
-Brandon Bonham
-Brandon Cutler