Kurt Russellreunion DVD Now Shipping!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Kurt Russellreunion DVD Now Shipping!

Postby Meltman » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:06 pm

abouttreefitty350 wrote:The Liger/Generico match stole the show. Best match I can recall seeing ever in PWG. I can't tell you how many times I thought the match was for sure over.

I can't tell you how eagerly I've been waiting to see this. Stupid me for placing KRM in the same order as As the Worm Turns.
Meltman

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:32 am

HOly Crap I love this DVD! This is almost as good if not better than Express Written Consent. I can't tell you how amazing this DVD is! I just finished watching it and i'll admit this is almost like a Supershow in a sense. With RVD, Muta, Kai, Liger, Super Crazy and Paul London as special guest, this card just seems stacked like a mo'fo! Too bad PWG won't have another show as stacked like this because if they keep pulling off shows like this they will take over the world! Kendrick/London vs. Generation Me proved to me something, Paul London needs to get in shape, Brian Kendriks style is very awesome when he is pissed off and Generation Me have gotten to be amazing. They pulled the same old shit but they were crisper and one step ahead of Londrick. They looked fantastic and i've seen how they've matured from early 2008 to now. I hope they have a rematch against Londrick and I hope Londrick goes to DDT4 cuz you could almost see them getting close to busting out of their shell and stealing the show. Anyways, aside from that, I give props to RVD for getting an assbeating. I just wish they would of used more triple moves instead of doing the 2 men in 1 man out formula. Oh yeah and Liger vs. Generico is indeed a memorable match. Made Generico look like a legit Badass. I wish RVD would come to PWG and do at least 2 more shows! 1 against Davey and a tag Match or something! I know i'm ranting but i'm legit stoked about seeing if As the worms turns can top this show. I been watching the 2009 dvds in order from august to janurary 2010. Only show i haven't seen in that series is Against the Grain. Anyways, never been this deep and caught up in dvds with a company before. PWG, you my new drug! Oh yeah, and BRandon vs. Brandon was pretty good, I don't get where they say people weren't into it...
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby Madvillian » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:24 pm

This dvd was indeed the shit. From the moment it started and I heard the "Where's our shirts?" chant, made by @KiKrusher99, @SoufCentrol and myself, that cracked me up. Also they put the part in where Excaliber yelled at the fan about owning a snowplow, that was priceless. I thought Super Crazy vs Human Tornado on dvd was a better match than i thought it was live. Even on dvd I was in awe of The Great Muta, it was basicly a Scott Lost vs Great Muta match feat Joey Ryan and KAI, which made for a good match. Generico vs Liger is one of those matches that will go in the legends book of matches, like Kobashi vs Joe. I also loved how the entrances for Muta, Liger and RVD were included on the main menu page, that was pretty sick. I also think the dvd picture quality is a lot better than the ROH SoCal Showdown dvd, imo. Overall they should just replace the "which dvds should I get" thread and replace it with "Buy Kurt Russellreunion". Nuff said.
Madvillian

Postby talley_1986 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:42 am

If there's one reason to buy this DVD, it's this:

Honestly, it's my favorite wrestling moment of the year. I can't see anything topping it.
talley_1986

Postby Meltman » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:39 pm

That's a great gif. Must've been hell of a moment for Lost.

This is why he needs the momentum back. He's been in too many big matches recently.
Meltman

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:15 pm

anyone know if they will be selling this dvd at "Titannica" this Saturday??? :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Tarfoo » Wed May 19, 2010 1:52 am

Any good reason to why Russellreunion is now Russellreunion? I know the latter goes well with WrestleReunion and all, but why make the change now, months after the shipping date?
Tarfoo

Postby Tarfoo » Wed May 19, 2010 1:53 am

I mean Russellreunion is now Russelreunion. Edit button, how I want thee!
Tarfoo

Postby Tarfoo » Wed May 19, 2010 1:55 am

Did the system just automatically edit the text or am I just a complete retard?
Tarfoo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:24 am

Tarfoo wrote:Any good reason to why Russellreunion is now Russellreunion? I know the latter goes well with WrestleReunion and all, but why make the change now, months after the shipping date?

Hmm, I can only guess that a certain major wrestling promotion got touchy about the name and possibly the logo. I would think that would fall under some sorta fair use parody type thing. Oh well, not like the show name is a big deal either way.
TigerDriver98

Postby Meltman » Wed May 19, 2010 4:29 am

That's fucking RETARDED.

Watch the original KRM increase in price now.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed May 19, 2010 12:17 pm

does this mean that any chance that any mention of Kurt Russellreunion on the DVD is now dubbed over by Excalibur as Kurt Russellreunion
El Asian

o_O Kurt Russellreunion is now...

Postby Whoblehwah » Tue May 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Kurt Russellreunion? Wtf? Why? Since when?

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/re ... w0109.html

*is confused*
Whoblehwah

Re: o_O Kurt Russellreunion is now...

Postby Whoblehwah » Tue May 25, 2010 6:30 pm

In the topic title I meant to write Russellreunion, lol.
Whoblehwah

Postby b2u » Tue May 25, 2010 6:30 pm

Seems like someone got a legal notice. Dare I say that the DVD's already purchased are "One of a Kind"?
b2u

Postby Whoblehwah » Tue May 25, 2010 6:31 pm

-_- Wtf. When you write Russellreunion as one word it automatically changes it. Silverback. Please explain. Por favor?
Whoblehwah

Postby Meltman » Tue May 25, 2010 6:37 pm

Not much to explain. They're trying to phase the old name out so it's filtered.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Tue May 25, 2010 7:04 pm

technically, the certain fed that probably gave a cease and desist order to PWG can't really do anything to PWG as the old name is technically parody and you can't really sue under parody
El Asian

Postby jacob_burman » Tue May 25, 2010 8:07 pm

My question is, why Kurt Russell? I wasn't following PWG at the time so just wondering why they used his name.
jacob_burman

Postby ajday » Tue May 25, 2010 10:14 pm

jacob_burman wrote:My question is, why Kurt Russell? I wasn't following PWG at the time so just wondering why they used his name.

From the write up:

Los Angeles, CA - Long-time fans of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com) know that Highspots (http://www.highspots.com), the premiere retailer of professional wrestling merchandise, has worked with us as distribution partner of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla DVDs for over six years. Because of this relationship, we were extremely surprised when Highspots ask us to be a part of Wrestlereunion 4 (http://www.wrestlereunion.com) since we figured after six years, they were probably pretty sick of us. However, Highspots has an infinitesimal amount of tolerance left for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, so what better way to stretch it to the breaking point than to turn Wrestlereunion 4 into a tribute to one of Hollywood's brightest stars: Kurt Russell! That is why on Saturday, January 30, 2010 at the LAX Hilton in Los Angeles, California, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, in conjunction with Highspots, presents Kurt Russellreunion as a part of Wrestlereunion 4!

Kurt Russellreunion will pay tribute to one of the greatest living actors, a man who is single-handedly responsible for Hollywood's third (fourth? second?) Golden Age, and what better way to do so than by featuring living legends of the professional wrestling world alongside the stars of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla!...

It continues so on and so forth about the matches
ajday

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum