Human Tornado Retiring?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:45 pm

There's alot of talk about him saying he's retiring on his facebook. I haven't seen it since i"m at work and can't go to facebook but on the roh boards they said so and other places. I hope it's not true

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... =542063273

http://www.rohwrestling.com/MessageBoar ... C_ID=50195

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=53379274

Someone said maybe he's just retiring the name which makes no sense, others say it might be a joke which I hope. Someone also said he might just referring to someone else.

I just hope he was high and wanted to see how much people cared about him, He's suppose to be in phoenix as well as the next PWG show
Image
Image
Souf Centrol's Music
Twitter: SoufCentrol
#PWGkliq
User avatar
Souf Centrol
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby Left Of The Dial » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:11 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and quote myself.
The match with Super Crazy is kind of a shitty way to go out.
Left Of The Dial
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby iamnotdrtran » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:20 pm

Well that sucks
iamnotdrtran
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 10:14 pm
Location: Al is in Van Nuys

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:19 am

Left Of The Dial wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and quote myself.
The match with Super Crazy is kind of a shitty way to go out.


Yeah it wasn't one of his most entertaining matches and especially not a retirement match
Image
Image
Souf Centrol's Music
Twitter: SoufCentrol
#PWGkliq
User avatar
Souf Centrol
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby Tarfoo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:20 am

This was almost the first thing I read after waking up. What I shitty way to start your day...

Hope to God this is all a bad dream.
Image
Tarfoo
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby LugerFan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:06 am

I hope this isn't correct. With his charisma and skills he can go far in this business. A couple of years I spoke with someone at TNA about him and the talent told me Tornado was one of his favorite talents in indy wrestling. I would like to see him end up in TNA. 8)
User avatar
LugerFan
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:32 am

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby Meltman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:12 am

Man, this is really awful if true. Tornado is one of my top 3 PWG guys. I've loved everything I've seen of his for the past 3-4 years.

I wonder if it's from that leg/knee injury he never truly recovered from. The guy's only 26 too.

I'm way bummed right now. :evil:
Meltman
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:22 pm

This would suck. Alot. Tornado is not just a good wrestler, but he is always really cool to all the fans. What a bummer.
Image
User avatar
El Hijo del Generico
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:47 pm

I hope this isn't true. If it is he should at least have some sort of sendoff. Chris Bosh, Super Dragon, Quicksilver, and Disco Machine were all big parts of PWG and just kinda left. I hope he at least gets to say goodbye.
Image
Whoblehwah
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:31 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby hjaskater » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:15 pm

If he's really hanging it up, he needs to do a Reseda farewell. After everything he's done there, from the Guerrila Warefare matches, to the MOTYC with Generico and The Young Bucks this year, I'd really love to see him go out in that building.
hjaskater
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby Left Of The Dial » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:11 pm

The more I think about it, the more I think it could be a name change/going to TNA.

This is from that State of TNA interview with Bischoff last week and this quote has really stuck with me since then.
A caller asked whether TNA would be opening a developmental territory. The caller also wanted to know how to become a pro wrestling
writer. Bischoff said there's no developmental territory right now. He put over Brian Knobbs's school. He said there's also a group in Los Angeles that has quality talent. He said he hopes they can develop their own developmental territory, "but we're not there yet."
Left Of The Dial
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Damn, I really hope this is a joke or something. There isn't much to be said about Tornado that hasn't already been said, the guy is truly one of a kind. Definitely fun to see him rise up from working the PWG Merchandise booth to being a two-time PWG world champion.

Well, we all know the word "retirement" doesn't hold much water anymore (thanks to the likes of Terry Funk and Brett Favre), so let's just hope this isn't permanent if it is true.

Left Of The Dial wrote:He said there's also a group in Los Angeles that has quality talent. He said he hopes they can develop their own developmental territory, "but we're not there yet."


I think he is talking about Knokx Pro, who were involved with the Hulkamania tour last November. Probably nothing to do with Tornado.
User avatar
TigerDriver98
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:47 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:27 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:Damn, I really hope this is a joke or something. There isn't much to be said about Tornado that hasn't already been said, the guy is truly one of a kind. Definitely fun to see him rise up from working the PWG Merchandise booth to being a two-time PWG world champion.

Well, we all know the word "retirement" doesn't hold much water anymore (thanks to the likes of Terry Funk and Brett Favre), so let's just hope this isn't permanent if it is true.

Left Of The Dial wrote:He said there's also a group in Los Angeles that has quality talent. He said he hopes they can develop their own developmental territory, "but we're not there yet."


I think he is talking about Knokx Pro, who were involved with the Hulkamania tour last November. Probably nothing to do with Tornado.


I think so too. They have Rikishi and Gangrel and a couple of other guys from the Hulkamania tour.

Also, I would never presume anyone assosicated with TNA would be smart enough to look for talent at PWG.
Image
User avatar
El Hijo del Generico
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:33 pm

He's been removed from the card for the 2/13 ROH show. This sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing him live. =\
Image
Whoblehwah
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:31 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:17 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
TigerDriver98 wrote:Damn, I really hope this is a joke or something. There isn't much to be said about Tornado that hasn't already been said, the guy is truly one of a kind. Definitely fun to see him rise up from working the PWG Merchandise booth to being a two-time PWG world champion.

Well, we all know the word "retirement" doesn't hold much water anymore (thanks to the likes of Terry Funk and Brett Favre), so let's just hope this isn't permanent if it is true.

Left Of The Dial wrote:He said there's also a group in Los Angeles that has quality talent. He said he hopes they can develop their own developmental territory, "but we're not there yet."


I think he is talking about Knokx Pro, who were involved with the Hulkamania tour last November. Probably nothing to do with Tornado.


I think so too. They have Rikishi and Gangrel and a couple of other guys from the Hulkamania tour.

Also, I would never presume anyone assosicated with TNA would be smart enough to look for talent at PWG.


*cough*Young Bucks*cough*

They debuted on ROH late last year
Image
Image
Souf Centrol's Music
Twitter: SoufCentrol
#PWGkliq
User avatar
Souf Centrol
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:09 am

Tornado is one of myself and my sisters favorite Wrestlers. If it wasn't for seeing his name on a PWG card I wouldn't have been as interested in going as much without knowing how great PWG is.

I don't think he'll retire just yet. Maybe take a break or something. But IDK how he would want too. He has a lot of fun out there plus he just came back from Knee surgery not so long ago.

Personally I hope Human Tornado doesn't have that thought in his head. He's to great to lose so soon.

And I said GREAT, not good.
What's Your Core?
"OLE!" - El Generico
ULTRA COMBOOOO BUSTER!!!! K.O!!!!
ImageImage
#PWGkliq
#iwantwrestling
User avatar
DjEn3rgy21
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby Fawrules » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:30 am

Gabe posted the following on Dragon Gate USA's twitter

Human Tornado evidently has suddenly retired from wrestling. He is no longer scheduled for the 3/27 event. We wish him well.

So there is that and ROH no longer lists his match for there 8th Anniversary Show. Looks like he is gone, I just wanna know why so sudden?
Fawrules
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:10 am

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby The Dan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:10 am

Damn this sucks :(. Tornado/Hero feud was the the main reason I got into PWG. I hope everything is alright with Tornado, and wish him the best in the future. I hope one day we see him back in the ring though.
The Dan
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:26 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby MegaKnux » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:26 am

Sad. He, like many others who have retired young, had so much more to do in the wrestling world.
MegaKnux
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby Meltman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:41 am

I sincerely hope he gets or asks for an exit match. Tornado means a lot to PWG, he needs to make a significant exit.
Meltman
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest