As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:56 am

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Presents As The Worm Turns on Saturday, February 27!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

Solvang, CA - After the smashing success that was Kurt Russellreunion (now available for pre-order on DVD), Pro Wrestling Guerrilla steams ahead into 2010 with As The Worm Turns at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, on Saturday, February 27! While some fans may criticize the staff of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla for apparent laziness in coming up with a creative show title, please note that the title is more of a reference to Henry VI, Part 3 than it is to the totally awesome Faith No More song. If that explanation makes sense to you, congratulations on being part of the .001% of professional wrestling fans that enjoy both good music and classical literature. We hope that alienating the other 99.999% of professional wrestling fans will prove to be a sound business strategy in the long run.

Though Kurt Russellreunion did feature a number of "guest stars" who will most likely not have a recurring role in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, it does not make the effects of their single appearance any less profound. Take, for example, professional wrestling legend The Great Muta, whose use of the Poison Fog on Scott Lost caused such serious harm to Lost's eyes that he initially thought he was blinded. For days, Scott's vision was clouded, tinted green, and covered in tiny specs, but it was not until Scott Lost visited an opthamologist that he discovered the true cost of the damage: $79.99, to replace the contact lenses that were stained by Muta's dokugiri attack.

Another ripple in the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla pond at Kurt Russellreunion came from the battle between Super Crazy and the former Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion, Human Tornado. In a fast paced, back and forth contest, Tornado picked up the victory over the high flying Super Crazy, and it looked like Tornado would be joining forces with Chuck Taylor at As The Worm Turns to take on the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Champions Matt and Nick Jackson, The Young Bucks. However, it turned out that Human Tornado's victory over Super Crazy was so impressive and so decisive that Tornado believed he could never again live up to the destruction he doled out at Kurt Russellreunion, and therefore his only remaining course of action was to retire. Or at least, that's what we think, anyway.

Human Tornado has been a part of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla since the company's inception in 2003, and over time came to play a bigger and bigger role in the identity of the promotion, and everyone here at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla is eternally grateful for his contributions and sacrifices. We would like to wish Human Tornado the best of luck with all things in the future, and would like him to know that there will always be a place for him in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, should he see fit to return.

As The Worm Turns takes place on Saturday, February 27, 2010 at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, and will feature:

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
Kenny Omega (Champion) vs. Davey Richards (Challenger)

-- After surmounting seemingly insurmountable odds at the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles, Kenny Omega walked, or more accurately, limped away as the newly crowned Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion. Shortly after winning the world championship, Omega was called in for an extended tour of duty with DDT in Japan, forcing him to miss Kurt Russellreunion and his first title defense as champion. It was probably a good thing for Kenny that he wasn't there, because based on the in-ring chatter alone, some of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's heaviest hitters are nearly bursting at the seams for a shot at Omega and the title. At the top of that list are two of the toughest competitors in professional wrestling today, former World Champion Chris Hero and 2006 Battle of Los Angeles winner Davey Richards.

Both Hero and Richards made appeals to the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Board of Directors for a shot at Kenny Omega, however it was ultimately Davey Richards that got the nod. Chris Hero, who lost the World Championship to "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson at [url=http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/2009/dvd0105.html]Guerre Sans Fronti
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby Zwarrior2 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:10 am

Looks like another strong effort from PWG, I'll be there.
Zwarrior2

Postby PWGnorthern » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:08 am

Yes, i love the first time reading what the new show will feature and as always it looks like a lot of fun. Omega's first defense, and what will probably be an outstanding tag match... looks great

but i guess the Human Tornado rumors are solidified... i dont think he's done though, we'll see him back
PWGnorthern

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:04 am

1. Hey, PWGnorthern are you from NorCal?

2. Why do so many of these PWG originals retire for no reason? I take it the business can be rough but Tornado was getting regular work with PWG/ROH/and now Dragon's Gate. The dude is loved by many in the scene. Just a bummer that he retired out of nowhere like Chris Bosh, Quicksilver, Super Dragon, Excalibur, Quicksilver, and Top Gun Talwar. That is a great lineup of locals right there. Its just a shame.

3. Whats the deal with PWG not booking Scorpio Sky anymore? I always thought he was a solid hand, especially during his AXP days, and he is a local. I thought it was weird ROH booked him during the Wrestlereunion weekend but PWG doesn't anymore.
BayAreaPWGFan

Postby shettler » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:39 am

Looks like a great line-up!
shettler

Postby Meltman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:50 am

Damn, PWG outdoes itself yet again. And it's not even a major card.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
Kenny Omega (Champion) vs. Davey Richards (Challenger)

Can't wait for this, it's going to be sick. Their match at 99 was one of my favorites PWG singles matches of 2009. And with how much personality both guys have, this could be a completely different match than their previous encounter. Either way, it's going to kick ass.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - Champions) vs. 2 Skinny Black Guys of Low Moral Fiber (El Generico & Chuck Taylor)

It's incredibly disappointing that Tornado has retired, but holy fuck, Generico and Chucky T on a tag team. There are about three million matches I want these guys to have. This is gonna be a barnburner. And shit, just imagine the promos if these guys became a permanent team!

Singles Match
Chris Hero vs. Alex Shelley

I have a feeling this could be a technical masterpiece. Hope I'm right.

Singles Match
Chris Sabin vs. Roderick Strong

Had this in my fantasy card and I'm really glad we're finally seeing it. Judging by AmDrag/Sabin from Threemendous II, this could be a great stiff battle.

Singles Match
Brandon Gatson vs. "The Professional" Scott Lost

Really excited about this. Both guys are really acrobatic, this should be a very fun match.

Six-Person Tag Team Match
Brandon Bonham[b], [b]Candice LeRae[b], & [b]Joey Ryan vs. The Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin Cutler) & Christina Von Eerie

Surprised Joey doesn't have a bigger match. But seriously, this match looks awesome to me. Great to see Von Eerie and Bonham back, and I'm excited about the Cutlers facing some new, more higher-up guys. Also Hero probably wouldn't approve of Joey and Candice tagging.

Tag Team Match
Johnny Goodtime & Jerome "LTP" Robinson vs. Malachi "CK" Jackson & Ryan Taylor

I love how PWG has a bunch of the same guys in openers, yet keep mixing them up to keep things fresh. Looking forward to this match. Also I wonder if Goodtime/LTP will form a permanent team, seems they've been tagging a lot lately. I sure hope they do.

Looks like a must-buy.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:22 pm

personally, as much as I love LTP and Goodtime together, I kinda want LTP and Goodtime end up turning on each other at this show and have LTP and Goodtime start teaming up with Willie Mack and Johnny Yuma in PWG respectively

anyways, this show looks great, sucks about Tornado but it should be interesting to see Chuck and Generico teaming up, personally I hope London and Kendrick to actually make an appearance during Sabin and Shelley's matches just to hype up the long anticipated match between London and Kendrick vs. Shelley and Sabin because a match like that should be built upon
El Asian

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Looks awesome. Davey and Kenny should put on a good main event.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Is this a news letter *gasp* looks like someone is reading the boards. Maybe next we'll get a edit button then shirts

I'll be at the next show, davey vs omega will be nice. When will tickets be on sale
Souf Centrol

Postby Madvillian » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:Is this a news letter *gasp* looks like someone is reading the boards. Maybe next we'll get a edit button then shirts

I'll be at the next show, davey vs omega will be nice. When will tickets be on sale

Hey dude, if by chance they ever have the PWG shirts at any future shows, you should hook me up with one and I'll pay you back for it. I hate being stuck in WA for all these great shows. I wanna move down to Resida over the summer, but with my luck PWG will move their shows to L.A. or somewhere....
Madvillian

Postby musdy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Cannot wait until the DVD!!
musdy

Postby PWGnorthern » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:05 pm

BayAreaPWGFan wrote:1. Hey, PWGnorthern are you from NorCal?

little more north actually... Canada, well Saskatchewan if we want to get technical

definately planning a trip down to California to try and catch a PWG show
PWGnorthern

Postby Whoblehwah » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:45 pm

" However, it turned out that Human Tornado's victory over Super Crazy was so impressive and so decisive that Tornado believed he could never again live up to the destruction he doled out at Kurt Russellreunion, and therefore his only remaining course of action was to retire. Or at least, that's what we think, anyway."

LMAO! Oh man, this is why I love PWG. =]

Really strong looking card there. Strong/Sabin, Lost/Gatson, Shelly/Gatson, and the tag title match are sure to deliver. Also, its great to see that Bonham wasn't just a "one shot deal". I think him and Gatson should form a tag team and go after the tag titles. Scorpion and Sub-Zero ftw!
Whoblehwah

Postby Left Of The Dial » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Solid card all around. See yall there!
Left Of The Dial

Postby jdrouskirsh » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:07 pm

El Asian wrote:
anyways, this show looks great, sucks about Tornado but it should be interesting to see Chuck and Generico teaming up, personally I hope London and Kendrick to actually make an appearance during Sabin and Shelley's matches just to hype up the long anticipated match between London and Kendrick vs. Shelley and Sabin because a match like that should be built upon

I talked to London after Kurt Russellreunion and he told me that he and Kendrick have a booking on the east coast that weekend
jdrouskirsh

Postby The Dan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Man, this card sounds awesome. Can't wait to for the DVD! :mrgreen:
The Dan

Postby Meltman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Whoblehwah wrote:Also, its great to see that Bonham wasn't just a "one shot deal". I think him and Gatson should form a tag team and go after the tag titles. Scorpion and Sub-Zero ftw!

They should come to the ring dressed like those two.
Meltman

Postby tmac9311 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:37 pm

Meltman wrote:
Whoblehwah wrote:Also, its great to see that Bonham wasn't just a "one shot deal". I think him and Gatson should form a tag team and go after the tag titles. Scorpion and Sub-Zero ftw!

Finish Him Brandon. They could be a very good tag team, and both seem to be picking up steam, they could at least try it out.
tmac9311

Postby Zwarrior2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:37 am

tmac9311 wrote:
Meltman wrote:

Finish Him Brandon. They could be a very good tag team, and both seem to be picking up steam, they could at least try it out.

If they came out to the Mortal Kombat theme decked out in blue & yellow with the masks on I would lose it.
Zwarrior2

Postby PWGnorthern » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:47 am

Whoblehwah wrote:

If they came out to the Mortal Kombat theme decked out in blue & yellow with the masks on I would lose it.[/quote]

that could possibly be on the greatest things of all time if they did that... but i would take them being tag team without any gimmick and it would still be good stuff
PWGnorthern

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum