As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:08 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:
PPS Souf Central has a hot girlfriend.

Thanks

I took a pic with the little boy, his brother said everybody almost made him cry. I told him don't take it personal, he's the crowd heel lol

Hey Souf Centrol, I wus sitting two seats behind you. I was wearing the grey sweatshirt... i wus blown from bell to bell... nxt time we gotta "light one up,"

Aww, poor little boy. That kid was AWESOME!!
The fact that he can take the 'heat," now... only means he's gonna be ready for da future..
Maybe even, "Future PWG Heavyweight Champ,"??? :mrgreen:

Anyways...

Awesome show.
I was so "out of it," I only remember so much...
Human Tornado rulez, sad to see him leave...
Congrats to Davey Richards.. 8)
The_Sharpshooter

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:Yeah I had a ball tonight

*chants*
You fucked up...I fucked up

I got on the turnbuckle and his guy pumped me up saying "next world champ* so I got gased and went for the second rope and slipped. Lmao

Davey winning was unexpected, a lot of us got in the ring and held him up

haha yeah I remember when I told you we saw you slip off the 2nd rope!!! Dammit for people beating me too it!!! haha

All in all the night was great! I got tons of great photos, Davey getting the title shocked me!!! But I can see why they did it as I believe Omega will be leaving again for Japan for a tour. A rematch is in order though. That was one hell of a match.

The Generico/Taylor vs GenMe match was great. The crowd started cheering "2 Skinny Black Guys of Low Moral Fiber" was funny as shit! Sucks they didn't win, but the feud with Taylor and Generico lives on!!! We saw it coming so that means it's going to get nuts!

Tornado's goodbye was hard to watch as we're big fans of him. He'll be back though, never count that pimp out of the game! You could see it in his eyes he loved PWG and the fans. And I will always be a big fan.

The 6 person tag was great! VON EERIE is so hot!! I can't say it enough. When her and Candace landed near us she had this grin on her face and yelled out "OMG THAT HURT MY BALLS" we started laughing. The Cutlers seem to be getting really comfortable lately, they have a large following of haters and fans now. I'm sure after the Video PWG put out for them they will get more laughs as well. That match was great though, VON EERIE took some nasty bumps from Joey, he looked like he didn't hold back. The boob and ball plexs were great!

Lost had a great match, the "KOBE" from the top and the Turnbuckle Sharpshooter was insane!!! I hope he gets the title soon! I love his presence and comments to the crowd!
Fan: "Hey Scott, Nice Haircut!" Scott: "Thanks, I like your moms haircut too"
Scott: "You are all impressed by me on this side" Us: "Hells yeah!" *cheering*
haha great match

My favorite highlight though had to do even before the night started at the Merchandise Table.
Me: "They finally have shirts, can I get a 2xl?"
Them: "Ummm uh oh, we don't have them only up to XL!"
Me: "Oh you guys just failed tonight"
Hero: "They aren't catering to the how do you put it, Husky fans?"
Me: "I'm fluffy dammit, haha"
Hero: "That sounds offensive, I didn't want to say it like that"
Me: "Naw it's fine, it's nicer then just saying fat"
Generico: "I have 2XL, my friends, they are um, are how you say, extra big"
Hero: "Yes that is true, like Kevin Steen"
Me: "hahahahahaha OMG this is why I like you guys!"

On a good note, I got my shirt when they came to find me! PWG for life baby!!! Also got my BOLA09 DVDs!!!!

Best night ever!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:19 pm

The_Sharpshooter wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:

Thanks

I took a pic with the little boy, his brother said everybody almost made him cry. I told him don't take it personal, he's the crowd heel lol

Hey Souf Centrol, I wus sitting two seats behind you. I was wearing the grey sweatshirt... i wus blown from bell to bell... nxt time we gotta "light one up,"

The fact that he can take the 'heat," now... only means he's gonna be ready for da future..

Anyways...

Awesome show.

The kid was annoying for a bit especially getting in front of people, but his brother finally starting to see it might be a good idea just to keep him down. He could get hurt and that could be bad. I give him a hard time but I spoke to him. He's hyped up for wrestling. Took some time for him to get it. We told him just enjoy the show but be careful and in your seat. Because one moment you could be enjoying it at the corner the next they could be diving out and you won't see them coming.

He's not that bad, he's actually been a lot more mellow since the early shows I attended with him there. This time you can't blame him for being excited, they even gave him tons of gear for being a kid. I know many people were jealous of that.

I saw Souf Central pose with him for a pic, that made me laugh, he probably lied to him and said he was a wrestler when he slipped off the turnbuckle hahaha jk Souf lol ;)
DjEn3rgy21

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:31 pm

i saw drunk Larry tear up during Tornado's farewell!

that was priceless!
DeadBlueBlazer

Postby Zwarrior2 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:52 pm

Finally getting over the shock of Omega losing...

Last night was a really good show one of the best PWG has put on.

Strong opening half of the card.

LTP/GT vs. CK/Taylor: Was a good match between the locals. Finish got the whole crowd to its feet. GT placed CK between the 2nd and 3rd rope and stomped the back of this head then charged cross ring and dove onto Taylor on the floor. LTP then hit the Negro Tap on CK for the pin. ***1/4

Lost vs. Gatson: Solid match but nothing special. Gatson hits his finisher out of nowhere and took the crowd by surprise. Even after he hit the move everyone just sat and stared then he got the 3 and everyone was taken aback. **1/2

Tornado talks about injuries making wrestling not fun.

Strong vs. Sabin: High paced awesome stuff. Strong hits a gutbuster/backbreaker/sick kick for the finish. ***3/4

Ryan/Bonham/Candice vs. Cutlers/Von Eerie: This crowd loves it some Von Eerie, her hair is out of this world. Good comedy match Cutlers do a new spot with their workout gear and Joey punches Von Eerie every chance he got and kept trying to get his hands on Candice. Boobplex to Von Eerie and Ballplex to a Cutler. Cutlers setup for the double piledriver like in the training video but get countered and taken out. Von Eerie tried to finish Joey with a moonsault but gets countered by Candice who hits a Mustache Ride for the win. ***1/2

Intermission: Listen to the group behind me talk about Mania and curse Dave for the 4 and 3/4. Then watch the Shawn/Taker package on someones phone.

Hero vs. Shelley: Nice grappling match. Hero looking trim. Hero survives the Sliced Bread #2 and escapes a 2nd attempt hits an elbow and the Hero's Welcome. ***3/4

Hero talks about Shelley being great and wanting a title shot.

Bucks vs. 2SBGOLMF: Bucks are the 2nd most hated group in the building only losing out to 2 kids in the crowd that everyone was yelling at all night. Bucks with the old school Hardyz gear is so ghetto. They do the Hardyz "O YEAH" call while the crowd chants for "Jeff" and "Matt Version 2". A couple "2 Skinny Black Guys of Low Moral Fiber" chants from my section. Awesome match. Bucks survive the Omega Driver and the Brainbuster. They counter the Brainbustaaahhhhhhh and knock Generico to the floor scoring with More Bang for your Buck on Chuck. ****1/4

Chuck rejects Generico's handshake after the match.

Omega vs. Davey: Omega out wearing bullhorns and shoulder armor. Long back and forth match. Davey attacked Omega's injured arm repeatedly with kicks and locks. Lots of awesome counters. Davey seemed to have won the match with a few armbars and a SSP but Omega fought through. I was standing up to cheer for a successful defense by Omega after Croyt's Wrath but his arm couldn't hold the pin and Davey Kimuraed him, Omega countered to a roll up but Davey countered to an armbar and Omega tapped. Everyone was going crazy or in shock, I nearly ripped my beanie in half. ****1/2

Davey talks about his time in PWG and it being home. Omega congratulate him and leaves.
Zwarrior2

Postby Cman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:10 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:This show was F'n amazing. The matches were all really good, and I personally had a blast. During the 6 man tag, when Christina and Candice flew out of the ring, they landed right on me. Then, when Davey won, I ran in the ring with everyone else and was one of the people to hold him up. Lifetime memory right there. Unfortunately, I think we had him up uneven because I was taller than the guy on the other side.

Generico getting rejected by Taylor was awesome because someone said "why doesn't anyone like Generico?" The combined Boob suplex/ball suplex from Joey and Candice was awesome.

That fucking kid who kept walking at ringside was killing me though. I know kids will be kids, and I didn't mind him until he got in front of me (which apologized for later, so we're cool) and was yelling stuff during Tornado's speech and Davey's speech. But Davey yelling at him to sit down was awesome.

I don't think Kenny has anything to be ashamed of in dropping the strap, because he had a great match, and if you gotta lose, Davey isn't bad to lose too.

PS Davey Richards is awesome.

El Hijo del Generico, are you the guy that was asking me about the cards I had in my hand? I was sitting behind you.
Cman

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:30 pm

An amazing show the MCMG matches were great and the the 2 tag title matches were amazing can't wait for the next show
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby metaltylerca » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:27 pm

The_Sharpshooter wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:

Thanks

Anyways...

Awesome show.

Correction, I was sitting two seats behind Souf Central, haha. I was in the red shirt and DC beanie.

Great show last night. I'm still trying to get over Omega losing his title, especially since it was only his first defense and I was in hopes for a long Omega reign. But the entire main event was absolutely classic. The finish with Richards rolling out of Croyt's Wrath into the submission just shocked the hell out of me, even moreso when Omega tapped quickly as he did.
metaltylerca

Postby jacob_burman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:38 pm

Man, that was a show. This was my first Indy show and damn did they put on one heck of a show. Got to talk with Hero and get my picture with him. I didn't know too many of the guys in the opening matches, but they were pretty good. Strong against Sabin, damn, was my chest hurting after that match. Sad to see Generation Me retain, but they played their Hardy Boyz ripoff to a key and totally sold the move to TNA. Nice tribute to Shelley by Hero after a great mat wrestling match (which a guy behind me kept yelling at them to have). It was cool to see him give that annoying little kid his shirt, especially after I heard from quite a few people he's a dick in person. Couldn't really stand that kid, though, but I guess he is a crowd favorite? Loved the chants toward him. VERY VERY sad that Omega lost the title. He was the reason I decided to go see the show and while 95% of the people seemed to be on Davey's side after his win, I saw a few people flip off the ring and walk out. I wanted Omega to win, but Davey is one hell of a wrestler. I was just shock to see him with the title after him burning bridges with Dragon Gate and going to ROH, thought his focus might be over on the east coast. But damn did they put on a match and a great ending to the show. Nice celebration and one of my favorite moments was seeing Souf Centrol screw him when he climbed the turnbuckle. I was 2 rows behind that turnbuckle and laughed my ass off when the crowd gave him crap for falling. Great show and I cannot wait for the next show.
jacob_burman

Postby Evilguest » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:47 pm

Benjamin Tomas wrote:I dislike all the hate directed towards blond kid. Him enjoying the show is always one of my favorite parts of Reseda shows.

I think people just like to pick on him. I don't have a prob with him. However, for his safety he should not be at ringside. Period.
Evilguest

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:22 pm

First post for me. I've been a lurker here for years, and I've been going since Beyond The Thunderdome. I would have posted here back then, but I registered and never got a conformation. Too lazy to email a mod to take care of it. :lol:

Last night's show was great. Solid card from top to bottom. It was a real shock to see Omega drop the title on his first defense. He's my favorite wrestler going right now, so I was a little disappointed. My brother and I were talking after the match, and if there was anyone there that we would want to see take the title from him, it would be Davey.

The main reason that registered today was about the little blond kid. At first it was cute, but it is now getting ridiculous. My brother and I were sitting right next to him last night. He is out of control. And his big brother or whoever takes him really needs to get in check. During the opening match, his big told him to call a wrestler a homo. Of course, the little blond kid yells it out, and a fan sitting next to the kid said, "I'm a homo, and I don't like it when people say that to make fun of someone. There is nothing wrong with being a homo". That might not be the exact wording, but it was pretty close. The kid started quivering, and rightly so. The big kept asking people what the fan said to the kid. I hope he feels stupid for putting the kid in that situation.

When Tornado came out, of course the kid ran up to the ring and started saying stupid stuff like, "Prove that you're injured". It totally killed the dynamic of Tornado's farewell speech.

During the last few matches, the kid stood at ringside like he was a god damn manager. The ring announcer came by and told him he needed to sit down. He did, but of course during the next match he went out of his seat and was back at ringside. At one point Davey noticed him out there and yelled towards Excalibur to get him out of there. It was at that point that myself and several fans told his big that enough is enough and it was getting ridiculous.

I'm all for kids having fun at the show, but this is not the way to do it. Things happen fast in the ring, and a falling 300 lb. wrestler could do a lot of damage to a 50 lb. kid. Imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if the kid got seriously hurt or even killed from a tragic accident. There are a ton of kids, his age and younger, that go to the shows and have a good time. IN THEIR SEATS.
abouttreefitty350

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:36 pm

I'm going to have to get this DVD when it comes out, I hope the celebration makes it to the DVD. Davey said "come on" I seen one person then 2 get in the ring, I jumped in hella quick lol

I wonder how many shirts did they sell, and if they sold enough to keep producing them and more. I got a Tornado shirt too which I didn't know existed.

I was late with the "thanks for the shirts chant" I had shit seats and people kept passing me to go to the bathroom. It was getting so damn annoying. Next time I'm going to get there earlier so I can pick my seats
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Evilguest wrote:
Benjamin Tomas wrote:I dislike all the hate directed towards blond kid. Him enjoying the show is always one of my favorite parts of Reseda shows.

I think people just like to pick on him. I don't have a prob with him. However, for his safety he should not be at ringside. Period.

I can't say I hate the kid, he is annoying, but, the part that would bother me most is the fact that the parents don't seem to restrain him. Or, restrain him more. As mentioned above, you know, things happen. All you need to do is not pay attention for a second, and boom, shit happens. Hell, I almost had Tornado land on me once cause i looked away! And I'm sure I outweigh the kid by a pound or hundred.

Souf Centrol wrote:I'm going to have to get this DVD when it comes out, I hope the celebration makes it to the DVD. Davey said "come on" I seen one person then 2 get in the ring, I jumped in hella quick lol

I wonder how many shirts did they sell, and if they sold enough to keep producing them and more. I got a Tornado shirt too which I didn't know existed.

I was late with the "thanks for the shirts chant" I had shit seats and people kept passing me to go to the bathroom. It was getting so damn annoying. Next time I'm going to get there earlier so I can pick my seats

I'm pissed that I didn't go in. I saw Davey, and didn't know if he was motioning to someone in particular at first. You snooze you lose, right?
fatallylost

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:55 pm

Going in the ring at the end was awesome. I ran the ropes a little bit and was throwing elbows at anyone i can in the ring..lol..(soft elbows) ONLY IN PWG BABY
ESPINOZA316

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:25 pm

I don't think there will be another celebration like that again. It was crazy how most of the people were going to davey.

This guy asked me how could I cheer for davey and have an omega shirt on. I didn't have my american wolves shirt yet
Souf Centrol

Postby PWGnorthern » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:14 pm

Sounds like an unreal show. Davey winning really surprised me as I though the other PWG championship gold would be changing hands. That makes PWG so great, im assuming pretty close to 0% of us thought Davey would win and a lot of us were expecting Generico & Taylor to win. It shocked me but new PWG World Champion Davey Richards sounds good to me, im sure Kenny will get some PWG gold again further down the road
PWGnorthern

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:27 pm

Cman wrote:El Hijo del Generico, are you the guy that was asking me about the cards I had in my hand? I was sitting behind you.

yup. That one picture from facebook has a fat ass in an orange shirt on the ring apron, and that is my fat ass.

Davey was nodding at people to get in the ring, and I wasn't sure at first, because he is so intense I thought if I made a mistake he would kick me into next week. But when I saw one person start to go, I just went for it. It was awesome, even though we picked him up poorly.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Zwarrior2 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:30 am

PWGnorthern wrote:That makes PWG so great, im assuming pretty close to 0% of us thought Davey would win and a lot of us were expecting Generico & Taylor to win. It shocked me but new PWG World Champion Davey Richards sounds good to me

I was sure Omega was retaining here and would lose to Davey later. I had it all planned out leading to the Anniversary show...

First Omega retains against Davey at this show countering one of Davey's holds into a roll-up which almost happened.

Then he would face Hero in the semi-main of the March show since the rematch between Bucks/Hybrid Dolphins 3.0 would be the main. That would end in a 30 minute time limit draw with Hero locking in the Hangman's Clutch right before time ran out but not getting the tap.

The April show would have a triple threat with Omega/Davey/Hero. Omega would get the pin on Hero after Davey hit the SSP but was kicked to the floor. Davey would demand another shot at Omega at DDT4. PWG would give it to him because he hit the move that caused the pin in the last match and Davey would get to pick a stip, it would be 2 out of 3 falls where even if he were caught like he was in Feb he wouldn't lose.

At DDT4 Davey would win the belt 2 falls to 1.

At the June show Omega would face Hero for a title shot at the Anniversary show. He would win and get to pick the stip for his title shot which would be his special match: Falls Count Anywhere. Davey would be in the main in a 6 man where he would team with the Hybrid Dolphins 3.0 who had won DDT4 beating the Bucks in the finals for the belts, they would be facing all 3 of the Jacksons. Team Jackson wins leading to the Bucks rematch next month.

And at the Anniversary Show Davey would defeat Omega and continue his reign into the 2nd half of 2010.

But those plans are thrown a bit askew now.
Zwarrior2

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:44 am

Omega pulled a GSP! His first title run and he flops the defense. Now He will prove himself again and have a mean streak like no other!
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:50 am

El Hijo del Generico wrote:PPS Souf Central has a hot girlfriend.

She is taking this to the head, I should have never told her you said this lol

I kept saying "next world champ" all the way home, then when I showed her the comment now she's getting me back with "I'm hot" and "when is the next show" lol
Souf Centrol

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum