a women division

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

a women division

Postby El Asian » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:37 pm

a suggestion I throw around every now and then, of course you got Christina Von Eerie and Candice Larae, then bring in local chicks like Aiden Riley, Kitana Vera, Carla Jade, and Tab Jackson (because she's Nick, Matt, and Malachi's cousin, she'll probably be brought in anyways), then you have the big name indy women like Amazing Kong, Cheerleader Melissa, Lufisto, Sara Del Ray, MsChif, and Rain and depending with TNA, bring in Daffney, Ayako Hamada, and Sarah Stock and then probably get any major joshi wrestler that's available as well

of course, you can still have the intergender matches as well just to freshen things up as well
El Asian

Re: a women division

Postby Meltman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:18 pm

El Asian wrote:of course, you can still have the intergender matches as well just to freshen things up as well

I don't like the women's division idea but I do like this idea. PWG bringing in random awesome women to face their own homegrowns (man or woman) would be pretty cool, a la Candice vs. Chuck Taylor.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:36 pm

I actually like the idea of a woman's division. They could open the show, then stars could be made
Souf Centrol

Postby musdy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:43 pm

I really enjoy SHIMMER so i wouldn't mind seeing some womens action in PWG.
musdy

Postby Meltman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:46 pm

I read somewhere LuFisto was having travel issues and can't enter the US. She was real good at 1.21 Gigawatts in both matches. Out of all the women PWG's had I she should be brought back.

Amazing Kong debuting would be great, especially facing a chickenshit character.

Off-topic, I'd like to see Candice and Christina in DDT4. It would be a cool change of pace.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:02 pm

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing them tag

I wouldn't mind seeing von eerie vs sara del rey either
Souf Centrol

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:39 pm

I think a womens division would be awesome. Candace is one of the most talented women wrestlers I have ever seen in person. Christina Von Eerie is just the bomb... why not?
Fsportsentertainment

Postby El Asian » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Meltman wrote:I read somewhere LuFisto was having travel issues and can't enter the US. She was real good at 1.21 Gigawatts in both matches. Out of all the women PWG's had I she should be brought back.

that was awhile ago plus Lufisto did work Shimmer real recently as well, like a week ago, so I assume that issue has been resolved
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Oh nice, didn't know that. I don't keep up with Shimmer.
Meltman

Postby musdy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:13 pm

Meltman wrote:Oh nice, didn't know that. I don't keep up with Shimmer.

And thats a problem.
musdy

Postby maxx powerz » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:31 am

Hell no. HELL. NO. Not to be chauvinistic, but women's wrestling sucks for the same reasons that the WNBA, LPGA and all college women's sports suck. If I wanted to see moves be done in slow motion with little intensity, I'd find a local indy to follow. I follow PWG because its some of the best wrestling in the world. Don't water that done out of some misled sense of gender equality. If PWG is going to insist on using women, keep them in inter-gender tags please.
maxx powerz

Postby RobGrayson » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:36 am

maxx powerz wrote:Hell no. HELL. NO. Not to be chauvinistic, but women's wrestling sucks for the same reasons that the WNBA, LPGA and all college women's sports suck. If I wanted to see moves be done in slow motion with little intensity, I'd find a local indy to follow. I follow PWG because its some of the best wrestling in the world. Don't water that done out of some misled sense of gender equality. If PWG is going to insist on using women, keep them in inter-gender tags please.

Seriously, watch some Shimmer, it's not like you described at all

RobGrayson

Postby musdy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:31 am

maxx powerz wrote:Hell no. HELL. NO. Not to be chauvinistic, but women's wrestling sucks for the same reasons that the WNBA, LPGA and all college women's sports suck. If I wanted to see moves be done in slow motion with little intensity, I'd find a local indy to follow. I follow PWG because its some of the best wrestling in the world. Don't water that done out of some misled sense of gender equality. If PWG is going to insist on using women, keep them in inter-gender tags please.

Typical reaction from someone who hasn't watched womens wrestling.
musdy

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:36 am

I think you should imagine it as a joshi division and not as a "divas" division. Then it sounds great. The only thing is, PWG can barely get all their local guys on the card AND the fly-ins, so adding women too would be pretty crowded.

A "Queen of PWG" tournament or some shit would be awesome. Have a series of matches on one night or over a few shows, so we could see many different women talents.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby CheMateo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:18 pm

I'd be really surprised if we ever got an official Women's division. I think the way PWG is moving along with the talent on hand right now is great.

El Asian wrote:Tab Jackson (because she's Nick, Matt, and Malachi's cousin, she'll probably be brought in anyways)
She is not as lame as Malachi, is she?

I've also been dying for the return of LuFisto. LuFisto's one and only appearance was top notch. I'm also hoping that one day Amazing Kong and Cheerleader Melissa can work a show.
CheMateo

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:14 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:I think you should imagine it as a joshi division and not as a "divas" division. Then it sounds great. The only thing is, PWG can barely get all their local guys on the card AND the fly-ins, so adding women too would be pretty crowded.

A "Queen of PWG" tournament or some shit would be awesome. Have a series of matches on one night or over a few shows, so we could see many different women talents.

Yeah this is a good idea
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:29 pm

I don't mind have more than just two ladies in PWG, but, I think a full night would be a tough sell on some people in the crowd, and, you have to think of all the hard up guys + booze may cause problems.

But, having them in 6 person tags, inter-gender, and the occasional 1 v 1, 2 v 2 or so would be a nice change.
fatallylost

Postby jacob_burman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:16 pm

Taylor Wilde. HIGHLY misused in TNA and I would LOVE to see her in person. Thank you!
jacob_burman

Postby Madvillian » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:32 pm

Watch Shimmer Vol. 28 Sara Del Rey vs Hamada, it's sick, so is the triple threat elimination match with Amazing Kong, Lu Fisto & Mischief. Also the Cheerleader Melissa match gets pretty fucking brutal, Melissa swings her opponent around by her feet and keeps smacking her head against the bars outside the ring, kinda what Samoa Joe likes doing to AJ Styles.
Madvillian

Postby IronMonkey » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:13 am

LuFisto/Candice/Von Eerie 3 way dance???:
IronMonkey

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum