Bring back Tozawa!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Bring back Tozawa!

Postby deadmandevilman » Tue May 18, 2010 1:16 am

jacob_burman wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:Tozawa is probably the worst Japanese wrestler I've seen in quiet some time now. Well certainly the worst out of all other Dragon Gate USA guys.

I defend Ian rotten not because he needs my defense or because you are attacking him, I simply defend what he did for this business, and love him or hate him he did a lot. Now if I was a wreslter I probably would have hated him too, but you see I'm not a wrestler, I just want to see good wrestling. If you guys want to get involved in politics and be part of this business, the answer is simple; get trained and then you can trash Ian all you want for not paying you, exc, as for now just buy your tickets and enjoy the show, its that simple.

Meltman, you told me to "grow up" Well when I grew up is when I stopped watching WWE.

I'm just going to jump in because I'm a bit drunk right now and it seems fun. ANYWAYS, funny how you say you defend him because what he did for the business, then you talk about growing up and not watching WWE anymore. I'm sorry, but let's be honest, love him or wish he burns in hell, Vince McMahon Junior did a heck of a lot for this business. Sure, there are some wrong things he does, but the man does pay wrestlers a hell of a lot better than most people, he got wrestling to a whole other level with PPV, brought wrestling to a bigger audience, and let's be honest, wrestling shouldn't be about T&A and a whole bunch of blood, it should be about pure entertainment and this whole PG is actually a smart BUSINESS decision.

BTW, since I just had a brain storm, probably because I did a Paul London/RVD/Kendrick too, before you come up with the whole John Cena and PG is bad, take a look back at during the Hulk Hogan era. That guy held the belt forever and drew millions of people to watch the product. Damn guy couldn't wrestle, but hey, everyone watched. Can you really say it's a bad idea to try to see if they can recreate the magic with Cena? Everyone was a Hogan fan and then it rolled into Austin/Rock and then they got older and mainly stopped watching. Is it wrong for WWE to go back to the cycle, start with Cena in that idea, and then roll out a new Austin/Rock type era? Think about that one mister.

And sorry about this being totally off topic, but I don't get a guy that wants to defend one guy who is hated by people, though he has "done good for the business" and yet ripped on the WWE.

In a forum that has gone off topic, defending WWE is a total and completely unnecessary rat hole.

I get what Krazie Bone is putting down. He does not like Tozawa. I really dug Tozawa and enjoyed his match from DDT2010 and other matches I watched on the youtube. Me and him talked about this during and after the show. No big deal. If Tozawa comes back Krazie Bone will boo, I will cheer, and we will both jump out of the way when he dives though the rope into the crowd bare assed. agreed to disagree.

IWA MS had some great matches and some fucking awful garbage. It was a place that a lot of people made a name for themselves, Chuck, Hero and Punk to name a few, and a lot of dudes worked for a while and faded into obscurity. Where these guys paid for their time and effort? Signs point to no. IWA ripped off wrestlers, fans, money marks, venue owners, and Mike Levy. They had their time to shine, and the company fell down due to their business practices. That's not justice, but fans act like they got rich exploiting people. In the end IWA killed their brand, which at one point meant something in pro wrestling. By all accounts, no one got rich and the talented guys found home promotions elsewhere. Again, thats not justice, and I am sure some wrestlers could have made it that company was managed better. Krazie Bone seems to be nostalgic for the days of Low Ki vs Necro, Hero vs Punk, Quack vs Claudio and among others.

Im assuming a lot, and if I've assumed too much let me know. One guys opinion.
deadmandevilman

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue May 18, 2010 2:17 am

There is a big difference between judging someone's skill or judging someone's character. I judge tozawa as a wrestling fan, nothing more nothing less. He could be a great guy outside of wrestling and I'm sure he is a great guy but as a wrestler he sucks, thats just my opinion as a wrestling fan.

On the other hand you guys judge Ian not as a wrestler but as a person from 2000 miles way without ever meeting the guy or attanding his shows to me thats just plain stupid. How can anyone form an opinion based on internet rumors and petty gossip? But even if Ian is a shady character and your accusations are true, still as wrestling fans you should not get involved in all this locker room politics, you should just enjoy the show. Problem these days is that every wrestling fan wants to be an insider, that really killed the business.

As far as WWE goes, I dont give a shit about it and I never will. So what if it draws millions of people, that dont mean its good, it just means its marketed really well. I never liked mainstream wrestling or music, to me it was always about the underground (thats just me) I don't even think of WWE as a wrestling promotion. I think of it as circus or a soap opera. If anything Vince Mcmahon is the reason why majority of americans laugh at wrestling. Why do you think in Japan people come to shows wearing suits and have the utmost respect for the business, thats because in Japan they never had a large enough promotion like WWE that made wrestling look so freeking fake. in America however, the mainstream still considers wrestling to be a joke thanks to WWE and its lame gimmicks. Why do you think Hollywood didn't want Micky Rourke to be part of WWE? Cause it would be a suicide for his acting career. Well anyways no point for me to waste time reasoning with Cena fans LOL. I mean just to bring up the name of John Cena on this board is a freeking shame.
krayzie Bone

Postby Meltman » Tue May 18, 2010 4:55 am

El Asian wrote:as for him and Chuck Taylor, maybe a new Men of Low Moral Fiber?

I'm not sure, Chuck's already a tag whore in PWG in less than 2 years. If they were to follow a similar "route" as MOLMF, Lost seems like the best candidate, as he's a douche also. Joey would also work; that would probably be extremely entertaining, actually.

They ought to just book him as a singles guy from now on, with the random MOLMF tag in there whenever Omega's around. Like a part-time tag team. Because I think Chuck has a lot of great opponents to choose from on the roster for 1-on-1 matches.
Meltman

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue May 18, 2010 10:13 am

Getting this sucker back on topic...

I'd love to see a match-up between Tozawa and Generico. Granted Generico has been a KAMIKAZE gaijin whenever he's in DG, just him reacting to Tozawa's antics would be hilarious.
Lord Akiyama

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue May 18, 2010 1:03 pm

How about not bringing back Tozawa? is that still an option? LOL
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Tue May 18, 2010 1:22 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:How about not bringing back Tozawa? is that still an option? LOL

if you want to be a complete jackass about things and get the fuck out of this topic then
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue May 18, 2010 2:09 pm

I'm not a jackass, the thread is about bringing back Tozawa, so I'm sticking with a topic, and I say don't bring him back. Also Asian please dont speak to me in such negative tone, I mean we can settle it like gentlemen or we can get into some gangsta shit LOL

El Hijo Del Generico, I thought we were cool, what happened?
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Tue May 18, 2010 2:51 pm

I honestly thought you said that we shouldn't go back on topic, my bad

but I rather have Akira Tozawa than guys like Carter Grey and Ego Fantastico in PWG
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue May 18, 2010 3:22 pm

One thing I gotta agree with you on El Asian and that is Masada is awesome and yes he should be in BOLA. But unfortunately PWG wont let him stick needles in people's heads like he does in CZW LOL

But yes I definately want to see Masada at BOLA.
krayzie Bone

Postby fatallylost » Wed May 19, 2010 12:38 am

Meltman wrote:
El Asian wrote:as for him and Chuck Taylor, maybe a new Men of Low Moral Fiber?

I'm not sure, Chuck's already a tag whore in PWG in less than 2 years. If they were to follow a similar "route" as MOLMF, Lost seems like the best candidate, as he's a douche also. Joey would also work; that would probably be extremely entertaining, actually.

They ought to just book him as a singles guy from now on, with the random MOLMF tag in there whenever Omega's around. Like a part-time tag team. Because I think Chuck has a lot of great opponents to choose from on the roster for 1-on-1 matches.

I say they just have a loose alliance/stable. Omega, Taylor, Tozawa and maybe throw in one or two more. A new Dynasty if you will.
fatallylost

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed May 19, 2010 2:03 am

krayzie Bone wrote:I'm not a jackass, the thread is about bringing back Tozawa, so I'm sticking with a topic, and I say don't bring him back. Also Asian please dont speak to me in such negative tone, I mean we can settle it like gentlemen or we can get into some gangsta shit LOL

El Hijo Del Generico, I thought we were cool, what happened?

We are cool. Totally cool. I just like Tozawa and don't want a bunch of God/Jesus stuff because I disagree with you. If you don't dig him, super and awesome. I do, others do, opinions are wonderful. I think you can say you hate him, and leave it at that.

The anti-WWE thing is common among wrestling fans, but I don't like the idea that you can't or shouldn't like them, or that not liking them makes you cool.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby El Asian » Wed May 19, 2010 12:18 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:One thing I gotta agree with you on El Asian and that is Masada is awesome and yes he should be in BOLA. But unfortunately PWG wont let him stick needles in people's heads like he does in CZW LOL

But yes I definately want to see Masada at BOLA.

thankfully PWG isn't a deathmatch fed plus Masada is a good enough brawler to get over by just beating the crap out of people
El Asian

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:23 am

Looks like we got our wish with Tozawa returning to PWG at DIO! facing "The Professional" Scott Lost. That should be fun as well!!!! I can just imagine the commentary. :lol:
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Meltman » Thu May 20, 2010 3:12 am

Lost/Tozawa is going to be magnificently entertaining.
Meltman

Postby Lord Akiyama » Thu May 20, 2010 7:35 am

Man, Tozawa and Lost are gonna have a match that will be all kinds of awesome fun times.
Lord Akiyama

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu May 20, 2010 1:52 pm

Heee's back. Love to see him on the next show, hopefully he is a regular for however long hes staying overseas
PWGnorthern

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu May 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Cant wait to see tazawa again
Souf Centrol

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu May 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Looks like sports entertainment fans got their wish to see Tozawa again, but then again I got my wish to see Chris Hero vs Brandon Gatson. We will see if Tozawa and Lost have the right chemesty to put on a good match. In my 22 plus years of watching wrestling I learned that often times something looks really good on paper but when the match actually happens the guys dont work well together, time will tell I guess. We might see a good match out of those two, or we might just get another stupid ass retarded parrot comedy LOL. Pesonally I would rather see El Hijo Del Generico vs Souf Centrol.
krayzie Bone

Postby deadmandevilman » Fri May 21, 2010 9:51 am

krayzie Bone wrote:Looks like sports entertainment fans got their wish to see Tozawa again, but then again I got my wish to see Chris Hero vs Brandon Gatson. We will see if Tozawa and Lost have the right chemesty to put on a good match. In my 22 plus years of watching wrestling I learned that often times something looks really good on paper but when the match actually happens the guys dont work well together, time will tell I guess. We might see a good match out of those two, or we might just get another stupid ass retarded parrot comedy LOL. Pesonally I would rather see El Hijo Del Generico vs Souf Centrol.

the son of Generico vs the pupil of human tornado. it has potential.
deadmandevilman

Postby deadmandevilman » Fri May 21, 2010 9:54 am

krayzie Bone, i think one day soon you're gonna eat them anti tozawa words.
deadmandevilman

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum