2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby 213nelson » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Fairly new fan, first time post.

This will be my first BOLA. It will also be my 4th show in a row. Love PWG!!!
213nelson

Postby fatallylost » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:27 pm

You're goddamned right Chucky T is in it. I was waiting, cause, I didn't want to have to riot.
fatallylost

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:29 am

Awesome. More Chucky T is never a bad thing. See anyone yet who might win it out of the first 5? I think Daniels is the only legit possibility so far. We shall see.
PhenomenalTLD

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:15 am

I would like to see these guys:
Kevin Steen
Eddie Kingston
Double C
PAC (long shot)
Jigsaw

I'll settle for just Kevin Steen and consider anyone else from my list to be a bonus lol
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:48 am

CrOwNMeKiNG23 wrote:I'll settle for just Kevin Steen and consider anyone else from my list to be a bonus lol

Kevin Steen scares me
PhenomenalTLD

Postby Tarfoo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:12 am

Would be great if there was a short write-up for every entrant, like to recap their history with PWG and/or BOLA. For first-timers just a little general summary of their career.

Just a thought.

I'm loving the line-up so far. I literally lifted my arms in the air and said "FUCK YES" when I saw Daniels in the #1 spot. Thank you, thank you, Guerrilla. And hell yes for Kingston. There's a void in PWG, and it's shaped like The King.
Tarfoo

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:49 am

PAC and/or Koslov would be awesome. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
ESPINOZA316

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:12 am

I used to be a big fan of Kevin Steen but ever since he became an ultra heel that really took away from his wrestling performance which to me is a bull shit. Steen is being booked NWA style where a heel for some reason must do less wrestling and I hate that shit. BOLA is all about wrestling so I say if someone wants to play heel gimmick too much or half ass in the ring, don't book them.

Eddie Kingston on the other hand is someone I really want to see at BOLA.
krayzie Bone

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:48 am

Im going to be brutally honest about this, but im not happy about the first 5 names that have been announced for BOLA so far. 1/3 of tha names have been announced and only 1 is a possible winner of BOLA and that is Daniels. If u were to put the other four names against Chris Hero... it will be a squash match. We need bigger names in the tournament. Don't get me wrong, im helps happy to see chucky and romero... great talents, but winners of BOLA... doubt it. Someone made a comment before about strong, kendrick and the bucks not showing up because of TNA PPV on that Sunday. That's a huge blow. Strong is known for his BOLA performances and the Bucks did an amazing job last year. Hopefully the next 11 names are huge so it could bring some competition into BOLA. Please bring Danielson, Steen, Strong, Hero, London, Generico, Kendrick and Arise back.
The Franchise13

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:50 am

The Franchise13 wrote:Im going to be brutally honest about this, but im not happy about the first 5 names that have been announced for BOLA so far. 1/3 of tha names have been announced and only 1 is a possible winner of BOLA and that is Daniels. If u were to put the other four names against Chris Hero... it will be a squash match. We need bigger names in the tournament. Don't get me wrong, im helps happy to see chucky and romero... great talents, but winners of BOLA... doubt it. Someone made a comment before about strong, kendrick and the bucks not showing up because of TNA PPV on that Sunday. That's a huge blow. Strong is known for his BOLA performances and the Bucks did an amazing job last year. Hopefully the next 11 names are huge so it could bring some competition into BOLA. Please bring Danielson, Steen, Strong, Hero, London, Generico, Kendrick and Arise back.

I get what you're saying, but what if PWG is trying to build some new stars now? Seems like good timing for it with all the talent getting snatched up these days.
PhenomenalTLD

Postby camstun187 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:08 am

the bucks did an "amazing" job last year in the tourney, or on night 2? Because if you're talking about night 1...well, they did OK...
camstun187

Postby The Six » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:19 am

Chris Daniels is unbreakable.
The Six

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:47 am

If they are trying to build up stars than that's great... but not in the tournament that's only held once a year. Don't get me wrong, i know chucky will entertain the shit out of me and romero aswell as brandon are great talents... but i really don't want to see them get pass the second round.

Btw... i have been attending PWG shows since July 2009 and have yet to miss a show. I have never doubted the shows they have put on. I have front row seats for BOLA and hella excited about the show.
The Franchise13

Postby CMPG » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:13 pm

What has impressed me about PWG is not so much the names that have been included in their shows, but the heart of the wrestlers who wrestle. That heart lets these wrestlers put on shows the WWE wishes they could emulate.

With that said, all 5 of these wrestlers are awesome. I, of course, have seen Christopher Daniels wrestle and I saw Gatson at Seven and both blew my mind. I have little doubt that the other 3 will do the same. I looked up all 3 on Youtube and they seem pretty good.

Now all who have turned into skeptics because they are not liking the first 5 who are announced, just remember, only 5 of 16 have been named. That not even 1/3 of the tournament. Have faith in PWG and know that as usual, they will put on an awesome Battle of Los Angeles.
CMPG

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:55 pm

The Franchise13 wrote:Im going to be brutally honest about this, but im not happy about the first 5 names that have been announced for BOLA so far. 1/3 of tha names have been announced and only 1 is a possible winner of BOLA and that is Daniels. If u were to put the other four names against Chris Hero... it will be a squash match. We need bigger names in the tournament. Don't get me wrong, im helps happy to see chucky and romero... great talents, but winners of BOLA... doubt it. Someone made a comment before about strong, kendrick and the bucks not showing up because of TNA PPV on that Sunday. That's a huge blow. Strong is known for his BOLA performances and the Bucks did an amazing job last year. Hopefully the next 11 names are huge so it could bring some competition into BOLA. Please bring Danielson, Steen, Strong, Hero, London, Generico, Kendrick and Arise back.

So in another words, you want to see same wrestlers over and over again. I personally don't. I'm happy that PWG is bringing new talent to this tornament, how many times are you gonna see same old big names from ROH? after a while it gets boring. I see Roderick on every show in PWG, if he doesn't make it to BOLA, not a big deal.
krayzie Bone

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:01 pm

I just read from a different forum that Davey Richards will be touring Japan from September 1st to the 27th. I guess the champ wont be part of BOLA this year.
The Franchise13

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:16 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:I personally want to see some fresh faces at BOLA this year, I hope PWG brings in more talent that west coast fans haven't seen yet.

This would be the perfect time to bring in some new talent. Wasn't Brandon Bohnam first brought in thru BOLA 08(?)
Souf Centrol

Postby Whoblehwah » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Wow. This is shaping up to be an interesting tournament to say the least. The names being announced are so random. Hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if CHRIS BOSH was in this, lol.

I'm going to make a (probably wrong) guess as to who the next 10 people will be.

Paul London
El Generico
Kevin Steen
Johnny Goodtime
Joey Ryan
Kenny Omega
John Moxley
M-Dogg 20
Scorpio Sky
Chris Hero

Don't ask why I randomly threw in M-Dogg and Moxley in there..... *shrugs*
Whoblehwah

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:12 pm

PhenomenalTLD wrote:
CrOwNMeKiNG23 wrote:I'll settle for just Kevin Steen and consider anyone else from my list to be a bonus lol

Kevin Steen scares me

:lol:
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:58 pm

If I had to take a guess at the last 11 names, I'd say:

(Not listing any TNA talent or Davey Richards since they probably won't be available)
1. Joey Ryan - A lock
2. Chris Hero - Another lock.
3/4. Paul London and El Generico - Unless they are defending the tag titles, they seem like locks.
5. Bryan Danielson - Who knows how long he will be available, so he should be a must for this tournament.
6. Brandon Bonham - He has been on such a roll lately that would be pretty disappointing if he wasn't in this.
7. Ryan Taylor - See Brandon Bonham
8. Roderick Strong - PWG's tournament MVP. Unless there is something to those Strong to TNA rumors, I don't see why he wouldn't be in this.
9. Kenny Omega - My most wanted entrant this year. I'm not getting my hopes up though.
10. Akira Tozawa - After his recent big wins over Scott Lost and Chris Sabin, it seems likely that he would be in this.
11. Kevin Steen - Decent chance of him appearing.

If some of those guys can't make it, I guess Goodtime, TJ Perkins, Scorpio Sky, Aries, Colt, Claudio, or Necro seem realistic. I wouldn't rule out a few more surprise names though.
TigerDriver98

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum