2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby CheMateo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:19 am

Like others have stated I am really happy that Claudio is back. Claudio's sabattical was for the best as he feels fresh and the KOW vs
CheMateo

Postby dirtydutch » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:08 pm

got my tickets today for both nights

I would (personally) like to see Claudio vs Hero in BOLA, maybe night 2
dirtydutch

Postby CheMateo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Eh, I actually do not want to see Claudio and Hero square off again. Even though both men are really awesome right now the idea of them facing each other just has no appeal to me anymore. I guess I saw them lock up too many times a few years ago.

Ricochet & Claudio goes without saying as it would be a good introduction to the West Coast fans who are not familiar with their past encounters and a good forum to put over Ricochet.

I am hoping that there will be some more debuting or rare talents for BOLA. I would love to see Nigel make his yearly appearance. I initially wanted Generico & London to be in the tournament itself. But with Davey being in Japan I am hoping we can get a tag title defense during the weekend, a good way to get some variety in there.
CheMateo

Postby david_baUtista » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:50 pm

sounds like a lot of "welcome back" chants in the first round!
david_baUtista

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:35 pm

CheMateo wrote: But with Davey being in Japan I am hoping we can get a tag title defense during the weekend, a good way to get some variety in there.

Damn it! No Davey?
El Hijo del Generico

Postby CheMateo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:33 pm

No Davey. Richards is going to be on a tour of Japan from the third of September until the twenty-sixth of September. It really sucks since the clock is ticking on Davey's wrestling career as he will supposedly hang up the boots at the end of the year. That does not leave us with too many more title defenses or appearances by Davey in PWG. Maybe two more appearances if PWG takes December off like it has the last few years.
CheMateo

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:56 pm

I saw Claudio vs Richochet match in another promotion, it was awesome, they should definitely do it in PWG. For some reason Claudio does really well against smaller high flyers.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:10 pm

CheMateo wrote:I am hoping that there will be some more debuting or rare talents for BOLA. I would love to see Nigel make his yearly appearance. I initially wanted Generico & London to be in the tournament itself. But with Davey being in Japan I am hoping we can get a tag title defense during the weekend, a good way to get some variety in there.

I do like the idea of having the tag titles defended during the weekend although, part of me wouldn't feel right on having a BOLA without Generico, he's been in pretty much in all of them
El Asian

2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:54 pm

2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5, 2010!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

Los Angeles, CA - As the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles (taking place Saturday, September 4 and Sunday, September 5 in Reseda, CA) approaches, the list of competitors will be revealed in the coming weeks. After all tournament entrants have been named, the First Round match ups will be announced shortly after. Check back daily for all the latest updates, and don't forget, tickets for the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles are on sale NOW! Don't miss your chance to guarantee yourself a seat for the tournament event of the year!

ImageImageImage

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place Saturday, September 4, 2010, at 8:00 PM and Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 7:00PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $30 per night when purchased in advance, and $35 per night when purchased at the door. General Admission tickets are $25 when purchased in advance, and $30 per night when purchased at the door. Tickets are on sale NOW at http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com, and will be available for pre-sale through 11:59PM on August 30, 2010. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Seating is limited. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Whoblehwah » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Wow you guys are really cranking out the names. Maybe El Generico finally wins this year. Lol.
Whoblehwah

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:23 pm

I really wish they gave those two spots to more deserving singles wrestlers. It's like deja vu right now, I don't understand it. Why not just put the Young Bucks on the card but in a 3 way tag match or something along those lines?
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby CheMateo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:31 pm

It is good to have Generico involved in the tournament as he always has a great match. There is still a chance at a tag title defense on Night Two assuming Generico gets eliminated.

But I have to give a big thumbs down to The Bucks being involved. I do not enjoy their singles matches. They are more fun as a team and I also would rather have seen those spots go to some other singles wrestlers.

So far I am kind of underwhelmed by the line up and only enticed by a few participants. I am hoping the last six spots deliver.
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Great that El Generico will continue his streak of competing in every BOLA tourney. But I really didn't expect the Bucks here due to the TNA PPV. Why the hell doesn't TNA put the Bucks on their PPVs? Crazy.

Anyway, 6 spots left now. I guess they will go to Chris Hero, Joey Ryan, Paul London, Bryan Danielson, Brandon Bonham, and Ryan Taylor if they are all available. Which would make for an awesome tourney IMO. Only bad part IMO is that the chances of Kenny Omega being added seem to get slimmer and slimmer with announcement. I know it isn't PWG's fault that Omega isn't available, but I am always a little disappointed when I don't see his name on the cards.
TigerDriver98

Postby CheMateo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:00 pm

I am only about half way through the Excalibur interview. Did Excalibur give an update on Omega's status?

Paul Burchill would make a nice off the wall entrant but probably will not happen.
CheMateo

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:33 pm

CrOwNMeKiNG23 wrote:I really wish they gave those two spots to more deserving singles wrestlers. It's like deja vu right now, I don't understand it. Why not just put the Young Bucks on the card but in a 3 way tag match or something along those lines?

Agreed, Young Bucks are only good as a tag team.
krayzie Bone

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:42 pm

CheMateo wrote:I am only about half way through the Excalibur interview. Did Excalibur give an update on Omega's status?

The Alan4L interview from last month? No, I don't think any Omega update was given. I am not sure that an update is really needed though.

Also I forgot to list Akira Tozawa on the list of guys I thought would be the final six. He seems to have a real good chance of being in it after the win over Chris Sabin at Seven. I guess whatever the outcome a few favorites are bound to be left out.
TigerDriver98

Postby ajday » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:31 pm

PWG_Silverback wrote:
ImageImageImage

Is it just me or the fact that Generico is in the middle with a "AHHHHH" face while the Jacksons are doing a "How you doin'?" like facial expression a little creepy?
ajday

Postby jacob_burman » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:22 pm

I'm REALLY excited for CC and Christopher Daniels. I've been wanting to see that guy wrestle forever. Almost had a chance, but when TNA came to Anaheim, had to see Curry Man. And CC, well, that guy is simply amazing with a killer look. Glad the Bucks are in there, unlike some people, as I want to see how they can stand on their own. They've done so much for the tag division, time to see them go solo and see what happens. Worth a shot. Hopefully I can get together some cash and get there. Should be a good show. 6 spots left, probably going to Joey Ryan, Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, and hopefully 3 big surprises. I do agree with some people feeling the lackluster announcement at the beginning just because Christopher was announced first and then it hit a dip, but hopefully the last 6 will make our jaws drop. Would love to see Omega, but I'm not holding my breath.
jacob_burman

Postby tmac9311 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:15 am

I really like when one Young Buck is in BOLA, but not a huge fan of both being in it, especially this year when it seems like theres a ton of names floating around, and you burn 1/8th of the tournament on the Bucks. Now I'm sure they will deliver, but it does frustrate me. Danielson, Tozawa, The Guns, possibly Omega or Benjamin, Hero, Bonham, Ares, Cabana, Ryan, Kendrick, London, Taylor. I realize some guys have to be left out every year, but I'd prefer to have one more of those guys in it then both Bucks. I really hope we do get a Benjamin appearance in PWG before he signs somewhere exclusively
tmac9311

Postby MegaKnux » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:47 am

I wish BOLA would go back to being 3 nights. Then you wouldn't have to worry about anybody being left out.
MegaKnux

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum