2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby fatallylost » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:16 pm

I'm ok with the Bucks being in. I'll put it this way, the winner gets a title shot, right? If all of these non-regulars come in, it's not a huge surprise who will win, no?

Also, anyone see a round 2 match being Matt vs Nick? If not an opening round one. I think they'd miss a golden opportunity here.
User avatar
fatallylost
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 5:19 pm
Location: La Puente, CA

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:54 pm

2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5, 2010!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

Los Angeles, CA - As the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles (taking place Saturday, September 4 and Sunday, September 5 in Reseda, CA) approaches, the list of competitors will be revealed in the coming weeks. After all tournament entrants have been named, the First Round match ups will be announced shortly after. Check back daily for all the latest updates, and don't forget, tickets for the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles are on sale NOW! Don't miss your chance to guarantee yourself a seat for the tournament event of the year!

ImageImage




Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place Saturday, September 4, 2010, at 8:00 PM and Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 7:00PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $30 per night when purchased in advance, and $35 per night when purchased at the door. General Admission tickets are $25 when purchased in advance, and $30 per night when purchased at the door. Tickets are on sale NOW at http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com, and will be available for pre-sale through 11:59PM on August 30, 2010. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Seating is limited. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
User avatar
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:06 pm
Location: Hollywood, CA

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby b2u » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:24 pm

So I'm guessing the last four are Danielson, Tozawa, Hero and Joey Ryan.
b2u
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:08 pm

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:23 pm

I hope Paul is still selling those great photos of his "intrepid travels". I regret not picking those up back at DDT4. 8)
User avatar
Lord Akiyama
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:12 am

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby krayzie Bone » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:31 pm

I just wanna say that I'm really digging this year's BOLA line up. I like the fact that this year we got a really diverse roster, not just bunch of same old big names. Good job PWG. (but please no Tozawa LOL)
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby CheMateo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:55 pm

So far I am not really digging it. It does not feel that diverse. The majority of the participants are just regular roster members. At least to me this year's BOLA seems to lack that special luster. Maybe I will have a change of heart after the final four are announced.
User avatar
CheMateo
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Farmington Dist. L.A.

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby krayzie Bone » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:37 pm

Richochet, Claudio, Romero, London, Brandon Bonham, Christapher Daniels are all new faces when it comes to BOLA. So what are you talking about?

If I wanted ROH roster, I can just order ROH dvd's and watch it, I want PWG thou, but its obvious that many fans on this board are asking for ROH.
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby kikrusher99 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:23 pm

It could be the Cutlers, Hero, Danielson, Ryan, Goodtime or Tozawa. Id like to see Danielson, Hero, Ryan and Shinsuke Nakamura with Nakamura vs Hero in round 1. I doubt it will be Nakamura tho :cry: Realistically, Hero, Goodtime, Danielson and Joey Ryan are my pic for final four.

Also lol at the people who thought Roderick Strong wasn't gonna be in, I knew he was a lock from the beginning.
User avatar
kikrusher99
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:10 pm
Location: Oly, WA

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:36 pm

1 of the remaining 4 has to be Steen or I'm gonna be pissed lol.
User avatar
CrOwNMeKiNG23
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:02 am

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby jacob_burman » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:04 pm

So we are pretty sure that Joey Ryan, Chris Hero, and Bryan Danielson will be in this, which leaves one last spot. I'm actually really hoping that Omega can make it. A guy like him would push this tournament to the edge. PWG fans haven't seen him in months and this is the biggest tournament of the year. Hopefully the last spot will be his.
jacob_burman
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby CheMateo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:21 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Richochet, Claudio, Romero, London, Brandon Bonham, Christapher Daniels are all new faces when it comes to BOLA. So what are you talking about?
Claudio, Romero, Bonham, and Daniels have all been in BOLA before. Eight out of the twelve announced so far are regular full timers. I was just hoping for some more fresh faces from guys who have never participated before or were not out here as often. 06, 07, 08 BOLA had more of that wildcard/fresh feeling when it came to who was involved. The TNA PPV hurt things since I am assuming Sabin, Shelley, and McGuinness are on it. Those would have been three great guys to have. The line up just is not doing it for me. You dig it, good for you!

Yeah I am also putting my money on Hero, Danielson, and Ryan for three of the four last spots. I would also like to see Steen back. Steen was awesome at last year's BOLA. But I would not be surprised if the last spot went to Tozawa. Let's see...
User avatar
CheMateo
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Farmington Dist. L.A.

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby So Cal Punk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:32 pm

london makin his bola debut 8)
User avatar
So Cal Punk
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:31 am

CheMateo wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:Richochet, Claudio, Romero, London, Brandon Bonham, Christapher Daniels are all new faces when it comes to BOLA. So what are you talking about?
Claudio, Romero, Bonham, and Daniels have all been in BOLA before. Eight out of the twelve announced so far are regular full timers. I was just hoping for some more fresh faces from guys who have never participated before or were not out here as often. 06, 07, 08 BOLA had more of that wildcard/fresh feeling when it came to who was involved. The TNA PPV hurt things since I am assuming Sabin, Shelley, and McGuinness are on it. Those would have been three great guys to have. The line up just is not doing it for me. You dig it, good for you!

Yeah I am also putting my money on Hero, Danielson, and Ryan for three of the four last spots. I would also like to see Steen back. Steen was awesome at last year's BOLA. But I would not be surprised if the last spot went to Tozawa. Let's see...


I'm with you buddy. Tozawa is so overhyped it's not even funny, the dude is average at best. If Tozawa makes the cut and Steen doesn't I'm gonna lose it. The way I see it is if Steen is available you jump on the opportunity, it's not even a decision. I'm a Steen fan what can I say lol.
User avatar
CrOwNMeKiNG23
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:02 am

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby OSKMIA » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:27 am

Man I'm kinda dissapointed in this year's line up as well. The Bucks back in BoLA make it seem like last year's BoLA. The only way I would be ok with them being in BoLA is like fatallylost said they would have to face each other in the first round. Also why haven't they announced Ryan Taylor as an entrant yet? Is he booked for another show or what? I hope he's one of the last four. And please no Tozawa.
OSKMIA
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:39 pm

I think as fans we got spoiled the first couple of years with BOLA. In 05 we had AJ, Daniels, Danielson and Gibson all involved in the tournament plus Joe worked a tag match on Night 2. In 06 we got the Dragon Gate guys out here for the first time and the suprize return of the Briscoes along with a tag match featuring them and B-Boy/Homicide. 2007 was just as good but arguably I felt it was the best BOLA overall especially with Night 3 being the best overall show in recent years. You had Shelley/Sydal, Shelley/Roddy, CIMA/PAC, Claudio/PAC were all some really good matches and that doesn't even count Scott/Shingo from Night 2 that is really underrated if you ask me. 2008 is always gonna be remembered for Omega breaking the ropes and Hero/Ki having a BRUTAL bout that was even more awesome with just one rope being used.

As for this year, the card really doesn't excite me like past BOLA's would. Don't get me wrong i'm happy that Claudio and Taylor are finally being brought out again but that's about the only thing that excites me at this point in time. Daniels is a nice addition since he hasn't wrestled here in years but I wonder if fans are gonna greet him with a warm response after he mentioned that he wasn't always giving 100% all the time. And I feel that the Bucks are more suited in tag matches at this point in time and I was hoping they wouldn't be involved in the tournament. But knowing PWG i'm sure they'll pull something out last minute that will suprize everyone on the boards including myself
WrestlingFanMatt
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:39 am
Location: Anaheim

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:37 pm

WrestlingFanMatt wrote:I think as fans we got spoiled the first couple of years with BOLA. In 05 we had AJ, Daniels, Danielson and Gibson all involved in the tournament plus Joe worked a tag match on Night 2. In 06 we got the Dragon Gate guys out here for the first time and the suprize return of the Briscoes along with a tag match featuring them and B-Boy/Homicide. 2007 was just as good but arguably I felt it was the best BOLA overall especially with Night 3 being the best overall show in recent years. You had Shelley/Sydal, Shelley/Roddy, CIMA/PAC, Claudio/PAC were all some really good matches and that doesn't even count Scott/Shingo from Night 2 that is really underrated if you ask me. 2008 is always gonna be remembered for Omega breaking the ropes and Hero/Ki having a BRUTAL bout that was even more awesome with just one rope being used.

As for this year, the card really doesn't excite me like past BOLA's would. Don't get me wrong i'm happy that Claudio and Taylor are finally being brought out again but that's about the only thing that excites me at this point in time. Daniels is a nice addition since he hasn't wrestled here in years but I wonder if fans are gonna greet him with a warm response after he mentioned that he wasn't always giving 100% all the time. And I feel that the Bucks are more suited in tag matches at this point in time and I was hoping they wouldn't be involved in the tournament. But knowing PWG i'm sure they'll pull something out last minute that will suprize everyone on the boards including myself


+1
User avatar
CrOwNMeKiNG23
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:02 am

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:30 pm

OSKMIA wrote:Man I'm kinda dissapointed in this year's line up as well. The Bucks back in BoLA make it seem like last year's BoLA. The only way I would be ok with them being in BoLA is like fatallylost said they would have to face each other in the first round. Also why haven't they announced Ryan Taylor as an entrant yet? Is he booked for another show or what? I hope he's one of the last four. And please no Tozawa.


I'm glad that more and more fans are waking up to how overrated Tozawa is. I mean people are making it seem like Tozawa is on the same level as other Dragon Gate guys, but the truth is, he is not. Tozawa is actually still a student and quiet frankly as of right now his wrestling sucks. At the last show Tozawa blew at least 5 spots, so to put him over Sabin didn't make any sense. May be in few years from now Tozawa will improve and I'm sure he will, but right now he is just not ready for PWG or neeldess to say BOLA.
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby CMPG » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:17 pm

Well I guess there is one person we can cross off for BOLA.

Spoiler: show
Daniel Bryan's Bio is back up on wwe.com under the raw roster page.
User avatar
CMPG
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby jacob_burman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:20 pm

CMPG wrote:Well I guess there is one person we can cross off for BOLA.

Spoiler: show
Daniel Bryan's Bio is back up on wwe.com under the raw roster page.


I Had a STRONG feeling this was going to happen. I didn't want to say it because he was doing an Indy show for ICP the night before, but what bigger surprise than having him there. I, for one, am EXTREMELY excited for this.
jacob_burman
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:29 pm

He will still be in it this year I think. PWG likely knew this was coming and had Danielson's last PWG appearance (exactly one year after his last PWG farewell oddly enough) planned as one of the main BOLA selling points all along. Very smart thinking. I guess we will find out for sure soon enough....
TigerDriver98
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:47 pm
Location: SoCal

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests