2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Hero vs Daniels... amazing! This would be a main event match in any other show, and we are getting to see that in the first round! It does suck that only one could go through, but that's how it goes in BOLA. This is going to be a match of the year candidate. Hopefully the rest of the entrants also step up and compete to out do the mega match. If they do, BOLA 2010 will be worldwide talked about.
The Franchise13

Postby dirtydutch » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:10 pm

jacob_burman wrote:
Whoblehwah wrote:I say round 1 will be 9 singles matches then the finals will be a 9-man elimination style falls count anywhere match. <_<

Well, we are getting all single matches to begin with so you might be unto something LOL.

As for the first match announced, HOLY CRAZY MONKEYS FLYING IN SPACE!!!! Chris Hero versus Christopher Daniels in the first round? Great match, though I would have loved to see it later on. I mean, I wanted both to go far and now, one of them won't last past the first round. That totally sucks!

well from what I've watched of PWG they seem very good at pushing their own guys. Daniels IMO won't be at a lot of shows as were Hero seems like a regular. oh well I was hoping to see Daniels advance a little further but at least (I hope anyways) we will get see him in a six man tag or something on night 2

I think Gatson may go all the way to the finals this year, I can't see why they would give him a good push at last years BOLA and then have him fizzle this year
dirtydutch

Postby So Cal Punk » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:49 pm

BayAreaPWGFan wrote:
El Hijo del Generico wrote:
CMPG wrote:I am kinda hoping for a tag-title match to be included with BOLA, especially when we got Danger Bees, Young Bucks and Kings of Wrestling all in the tournament. But however, in theory, each night will have at least 8 BOLA matches and without making the matches rushed, that will easily spread out among 3 hours so I am not setting my hopes up high.

They could do a three way tag match with them, and the winning team advances.

That would leave BOLA with 14 participants. How would that work?

also have other three ways
So Cal Punk

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:36 pm

Hero vs. Daniels is worth the price of admission for me. Two of my favorites (and two of the nicest guys to meet in person) who are both Indie wrestling legends. I am HYPED for this show.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:10 am

[quote="El Hijo del Generico"]Hero vs. Hero is worth the price of admission for me. favorites (and two of the nicest guys to meet in person) who are both Indie wrestling legends. I like this show I will get front row.

Yes me too
krayzie Bone

Postby Whoblehwah » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:25 am

Lets hope Hero vs. Daniels now is better than their past PWG encounter.......
Whoblehwah

Postby jacob_burman » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:42 am

Whoblehwah wrote:Lets hope Hero vs. Daniels now is better than their past PWG encounter.......

I'm sure it will be. Seems like a lot of people are excited for it and there can be some like me that have never seen their past encounter, so it's going to be special for us. And I honestly believe Daniels has a new light under his ass about wrestling since he left TNA. I've read on these boards he said he used to half ass it, but I think since leaving TNA, he's highly talked about and wants to make a statement. I wish I was at the show in RoH where he took on Omega. That's my dream match right there. But to be able to see Hero and Daniels live, I'll at least be to Day 1 of the events supporting Daniels. Here's hoping for an "upset" at the show.
jacob_burman

2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 4 & 5!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:47 pm

First Round Mathces of the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles, taking place September 4 & 5, 2010!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

August 18 - With the peculiar number of entrants in the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles, fans have been speculating on how exactly the First Round, and the entire tournament for that matter, will be structured. Well, speculate no longer, because much like the majority of previous Battle of Los Angeles First Round matches, each match on Night One will be single fall singles matches.

However, the Quarter-Final, Semi-Final, and Final Round match structures, as well as the brackets for the tournament, will remain shrouded in mystery until the Night Two of the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles actually takes place!

Tickets for both nights of the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles are on sale now, so don't miss your chance to witness the annual tournament spectacular in person! On Night One, the First Round of the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles will feature:

2010 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match
El Generico vs. Akira Tozawa

2010 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match
"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels vs. Chris Hero

Check back tomorrow for more information about the opening round of the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's 2010 Battle of Los Angeles takes place Saturday, September 4, 2010, at 8:00 PM and Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 7:00PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $30 per night when purchased in advance, and $35 per night when purchased at the door. General Admission tickets are $25 when purchased in advance, and $30 per night when purchased at the door. Tickets are on sale NOW at http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com, and will be available for pre-sale through 11:59PM on August 30, 2010. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Seating is limited. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby The Franchise13 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:09 pm

El Generico vs Tozawa... a very fun match. I want Generico to win, however if there is going to be a tag title match in night 2... Tozawa will have to win. Damn
The Franchise13

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Looking forward to this one. 8)
Lord Akiyama

Postby jacob_burman » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:17 pm

The Franchise13 wrote:El Generico vs Tozawa... a very fun match. I want Generico to win, however if there is going to be a tag title match in night 2... Tozawa will have to win. Damn

we shall riot if Tozawa wins LOL
jacob_burman

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:15 pm

jacob_burman wrote:
The Franchise13 wrote:El Generico vs Tozawa... a very fun match. I want Generico to win, however if there is going to be a tag title match in night 2... Tozawa will have to win. Damn

Speak for yourself.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby fatallylost » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:38 pm

jacob_burman wrote:

I'm with Generico. Bring on the Asian Invasion... ogf... only the one guy.

I like Tozawa, but, how come we only got Yamato the one time?
fatallylost

Postby Tarfoo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:51 pm

There's no way Generico should be out in the first round, not to mention against Tozawa (nothing against him though, just wouldn't feel right).

And to be quite honest, why book a tag title match for Night 2? It makes certain eliminations feel dumb and predetermined. Like, hey, both the champs and the contenders just happen to lose in round 1 se they can book a dream tag title match for the second night. How weak would that make them look? They did this last year, two times the same thing would just feel stupid.
Tarfoo

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:44 am

jacob_burman wrote:

Speak for yourself.

Said the guy with the El Generico gif in his signature :roll:
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:23 am

jacob_burman wrote:

You can count on me Jacob as your fellow rioter. We should start our riot by kicking el hijo's ass. (just kidding) In all seriousness please don't compare Yamato with Tozawa, this is becoming ridiculous.
krayzie Bone

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:21 am

Everyone needs to stop bitching on who should beat who and whether or not a particular wrestler is even good enough to be in the tournement to begin with. Let's just enjoy the fact that were are getting back-to-back nights of some 'bad-ass' wrestling from one of the greatest wrestling organizations in the world (atleast, in my opinion). :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:48 am

CrOwNMeKiNG23 wrote:
Speak for yourself.

Said the guy with the El Generico gif in his signature :roll:

I'm not saying I want Tozawa to win, but I like him and would not riot if he won.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby jacob_burman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:43 am

The_Sharpshooter wrote:Everyone needs to stop bitching on who should beat who and whether or not a particular wrestler is even good enough to be in the tournement to begin with. Let's just enjoy the fact that were are getting back-to-back nights of some 'bad-ass' wrestling from one of the greatest wrestling organizations in the world (atleast, in my opinion). :mrgreen:

how else are we supposed to be getting excited and talking about this tournament? I'm not arguing over who should or shouldn't be in the tournament as PWG got the best talent they probably could on this day. But I will talk about who I think should win the match. And right now, I'm hoping for a Daniels and Generico win.
jacob_burman

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:00 pm

Eh, Daniels is still good but not as good as he used to be. To be honest with you his matches in ROH since his return were quiet boring. Chris Hero must win BOLA this year. He is the best guy on the card hands down.
krayzie Bone

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum