60%
No
20%
I don't care
20%

Total votes : 20

New price hike, any thought?

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:08 am

Hey guys, I noticed the new price hike from 7 and now it's carried on to bola, was just wondering if this is permanent and is it only for the bigger shows or for all shows now? any thought on this? maybe Silverback can help me out here.
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Re: New price hike, any thought?

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:11 am

I think its because of the show. They went up on liqour for that show so it will probably be the same. If you're talking about tickets, last years BOLA was the same price but they had a discount if you bought both days.
Souf Centrol

Postby bat4life » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:21 pm

How much is the pitcher of beer now? it was $7 when I wen to tittanica.
bat4life

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Hey, everything is going up, so I cant complain too much... When you think about it, $25 or $30 for the 3-4 (sometimes more) hours of incredible entertainment they give us isnt that bad - besides, more money they have, better guys they can bring in (nothing wrong with who is there now, trust me, but maybe that extra little bit will get a guy like Double C the chance to come back). Still beats tickets for Raw or Smackdown any day of the week
Fsportsentertainment

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:40 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:I think its because of the show. They went up on liqour for that show so it will probably be the same. If you're talking about tickets, last years BOLA was the same price but they had a discount if you bought both days.

That's true man, I do remember that discount package they had if you bought both nights, wish they had the same deal for this years bola. Hey Souf, do you remember if last years bola was $25 if you bought them seperately and $20 if you bought both night? This year since they don't offer the package deal it's $25 in advance and $30 at the door. Do you also remember if the anniversary shows were higher priced than the regular shows?
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby jdrouskirsh » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:47 pm

IIRC, Threemendous II was the usual $20 GA/ $25 ringside ticket price, but last year's bola was $30 ringside for each night, $50 for both nights, and GA was $25 for each night, $40 for both nights.... so basically, the only difference between this year and last year was the $10 discount for both nights...and I'm perfectly ok paying an extra $5 a ticket....
jdrouskirsh

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:53 pm

Fsportsentertainment wrote:Hey, everything is going up, so I cant complain too much... When you think about it, $25 or $30 for the 3-4 (sometimes more) hours of incredible entertainment they give us isnt that bad - besides, more money they have, better guys they can bring in (nothing wrong with who is there now, trust me, but maybe that extra little bit will get a guy like Double C the chance to come back). Still beats tickets for Raw or Smackdown any day of the week

If we're comparing Raw/Smackdown to PWG there's really no comparison, PWG blows them out of the water for sure. So you definitely have a point there.

If this new price is permanent for all shows then I would be paying $10 more per show...but it's still worth it.
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:57 pm

jdrouskirsh wrote:IIRC, Threemendous II was the usual $20 GA/ $25 ringside ticket price, but last year's bola was $30 ringside for each night, $50 for both nights, and GA was $25 for each night, $40 for both nights.... so basically, the only difference between this year and last year was the $10 discount for both nights...and I'm perfectly ok paying an extra $5 a ticket....

Yup! that's how I remember it as well. $5 more ain't bad at all, especially for the anniversary show and bola.
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby SundownMotel » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:16 pm

ROH front row tickets are regularly $75. Speaking as someone who has seen half a dozen ROH shows live, PWG is such a consistently better, more entertaining, and more exciting product, I will happily pay whatever they're charging. Pay the extra five bucks and be thankful we live on the best coast with the best wrestling around. :)
SundownMotel

Postby truckermudflaps » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:35 am

fully agree here. these guys deserve the extra $ and i have no problem supporting any price hike. after going to PWG events, i cant even stay wake during a WWE show. i have more fun watchinng one PWG match vs an entire WWE card.
truckermudflaps

Postby PWGLove » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:42 am

The prices even after the increase are super cheap for the entertainment you get. The price of booze is really low compared to just about any other place you go and they actually make strong drinks. I still feel like it's a complete bargain compared to anything else you could do .............raising the prices was long overdue.
PWGLove

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:54 am

PWGLove wrote:The prices even after the increase are super cheap for the entertainment you get. The price of booze is really low compared to just about any other place you go and they actually make strong drinks. I still feel like it's a complete bargain compared to anything else you could do .............raising the prices was long overdue.

Until BOLA, pitchers 12 and the girl that made the strong drinks hasn't been there for 2 shows so....
Souf Centrol

Postby PWGLove » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:42 pm

Maybe the drinks aren't as strong, but I still say it is a bargain for the money. These boys are putting on great shows I'm down for the price hike ....it's still worth it. Couldn't go anywhere else on a Saturday and get the same quality entertainment for the price.
PWGLove

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:49 am

I dont mind the price increase for the wrestling but the beer price increase is a different story. $15 for a pitcher of Stella is fucking ridiculous.. You here this Mr. Larry, this is way to much. I know this is out of PWG's control but im just saying.It went from $8 to $10 to $15 in back to back to back shows..
ESPINOZA316

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:17 pm

Hey guys, sorry to bump an old ass thread. I have to ask, since when is has PWG started charging 35 buck for a tix. Ive been getting hooked up and decided to buy this time. I was shocked when tix rose up to 30. I really hope those guys in the ring as getting paid better!
DeadBlueBlazer

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum