The Curse of Guerrilla Island takes place October 9, 2010!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The Curse of Guerrilla Island takes place October 9, 2010!

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:01 am

If Claudio wins, we will have the same scenerio as we did with Danielson, Omega and Richards, you gonna have a champion that won't defend the belt. The new champion is Chris Hero, just accept it.
krayzie Bone

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:14 pm

Hero and Joey are the two safe bets to win, but it's like been there done that. Let's please just move the fuck on from the "safe bets" and FRESHEN things up a bit. Put the strap on CC and watch him work his magic, there are so many new match-ups that can go down with him as champ. With Hero and Joey it's going to be the same shit again, who have they NOT faced already? and didn't we just come off of a Hero reign? no thanks to another year+ of the same match-ups, shits getting played out already, seriously.
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby El Asian » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:23 pm

I gotta agree that I really want Claudio to win it, mostly because I still think its too soon for another Hero title reign while with Joey, its mostly I think PWG should wait that one out and plus Claudio winning the title does freshen things up
El Asian

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:56 pm

I've only been attending PWG shows for just over 1 year now. I haven't seen a Joey Ryan reign... but i really don't want to see one. And I think its too soon to see a Hero reign. Eventhough I want CC to win, i think it will be better for PWG for Gatson to win. However... if he does win, i think he should turn heel doing so. I think he should win by cheating (witch should setup a Carson vs Joey at next show) and then in his celebration speech he should say that "he is PWG" and "f*ck Chile". Give the guy some attitude and someone new for us to hate.
The Franchise13

Postby Meltman » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:22 pm

^ If Gatson won (which would be a great surprise), the crowd would turn him heel even if he didn't try.
Meltman

Postby Langdon Alger » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:59 pm

Of the four, the only person who perks my interest in winning the title is Gatson. I don't want to sit through another Hero reign. I'm not digging non sleazy Joey. As for CC, as fresh as it would be, honestly can he make it every month? Call me greedy but I do enjoy seeing the PWG title defended more than 4 times a year.
Langdon Alger

Postby dirtydutch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:59 pm

I have to agree I would love to see Gatson get the push and yes should win by heel tactics maybe grabbing the trunks or pulling something from his trunks or even stealing the match after Hero or CC or Ryan does their finisher and takes them out to get the pin. no Ryan or Hero putting them over wouldn't accomplish much unless Joey goes back to his sleazy ways
dirtydutch

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:21 pm

I think Claudio would make a great champ, but I know for a fact he won't be able to defend the belt cause he is booked all over the world and I doubt he will commit to PWG. So I don't understand why do people want someone who won't be there to win the belt? I'm a Hero fan, but I also don't mind if Joey wins because Joey will be there every month defending the belt. I don't mind if Gatson wins either, he is a great wrestler and would make a great heel champion. You give it to Claudio, he disappears for months and months and you have another problem. Learn from the mistakes, don't repeat them.
krayzie Bone

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:22 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:I think Claudio would make a great champ, but I know for a fact he won't be able to defend the belt cause he is booked all over the world and I doubt he will commit to PWG. So I don't understand why do people want someone who won't be there to win the belt? I'm a Hero fan, but I also don't mind if Joey wins because Joey will be there every month defending the belt. I don't mind if Gatson wins either, he is a great wrestler and would make a great heel champion. You give it to Claudio, he disappears for months and months and you have another problem. Learn from the mistakes, don't repeat them.

If he wins that guarantee that he will be at the next show. Then he can just drop it to Joey unless he's actually going to stay

If Gatson wins I can see him beating Joey and being champ for a while

I would love for Hero to win but I think that would be predictable

Doesn't make sense for Joey to win
Souf Centrol

Postby The Celt » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:27 am

I too wouldn't mind seeing Gatson snatch up the title before delivering a glorious heel promo ala how TheFranchise13 described. I think it'd really fresh things up in PWG. I mean, since Human Tornedo dropped the title in 2008 I wouldn't consider any of the champions to be "home-grown" or pure PWG regulars (not even Davey) because they've all had big commitments that meant PWG wasn't a top priority for them. If Gatson becomes champ we know it's going to his top priority out of anything he's doing right now. Also, character-wise It'd be a sweet move for him, getting to say he won the title on his first shot, making him the opposite of a choke-artist.

Go Gatson Go!
The Celt

Postby tmac9311 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:23 am

The more I think about it, the more I feel Gatson has to win. Now I don't think he's established himself enough for it, but I just don't see any other viable options right now. I'm 95% sure it's going to Joey Ryan, but I just feel like that is going to kill the momentum of the title as much as the whole year of non title matches has. Joey will defend it every month, but every month I find myself skipping through his matches. I'm just never excited for them, and never feel like I'm missing much. I don't know if I even want to watch BOLA. All due respect to the guy, because he deserves more than that, but he just doesn''t interest me. Do what you have to do PWG, but if it were all up to me, I personally wouldn't put the strap on the guy.
tmac9311

Postby eldink » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:24 am

i dont want ryan as a face champion and neither will anyone else....he would have to turn back heel and i am not sure that would work either...everything about him now is good, not great and it would serve better to have him in the chase for the belt and not the champion......gaston keeps everything fresh.....let him grow as a fresh face champion and then turn him tweener .....
eldink

Postby The Franchise13 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:23 am

Wow... front row tickets didn't sell out. It looks like this show is going to be a little too quiet.
The Franchise13

Postby bat4life » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:51 am

Yeah I saw that, I wanted to buy my tickets today but the reserve button is gone. It says available at the door. Wierd? I think this is the first time this year that front row tickets didn't sell out.
bat4life

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:41 am

WoW...
This is going to my 1st time standing in line to buy tix. Looks imma have to get their xtra early :cry:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:47 am

Normally, I dont root for just one person cuz I honestly dont care who wins as long as I see a great mach...
However, this time around I am throwing my support towards Joey.
Woulndt mind seeing Gatson or Claudio win... as long as it isnt CHRIS HERO :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby berserko » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:41 am

I would love to see Gatson take this, as he is a fabulous wrestler, and our local hero. That said, I cannot imagine Joey is not winning this, unless they revamp their booking strategy. With Joey winning BOLA like he did, it seemed like he was on track to pretty clearly win the strap. Joey takes it folks, and anything else would shock me.
berserko

Postby CMPG » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:02 am

So the front row didn't sell out yet...

Just means the rest of us have to be louder!
CMPG

Postby The Franchise13 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:17 pm

Im going to miss my god-daughter's "quince
The Franchise13

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:14 pm

I think Claudio could win. He's been coming to town regularly for NWA tapings, and he is going to be here in January for Wrestlreunion's ROH show, which means he could hold the title for 4 months and only have to go out of his way once (In November).
El Hijo del Generico

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum