The Curse of Guerrilla Island takes place October 9, 2010!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The Curse of Guerrilla Island takes place October 9, 2010!

Postby jacob_burman » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:44 am

fatallylost wrote:I say one of the and more attractions will (should) be some form of Von Eerie and Buggy on the card.

C'mon, you know we (at least me and Souf) want it!

Add me in the mix.

I'm excited for Cutlers and Briscoes. Shit is going to get fucked up, that's for sure. One reason I do not want to be in the front row as I have a feeling it's going to get crazy.
jacob_burman

Postby CMPG » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:48 am

I love this card, top to bottom. Got me and my bro both front row tickets again and again, we will probably be there 4 hours ahead of time.
CMPG

Postby dirtydutch » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:12 pm

isn't Cage signed to a WWE developmental deal
dirtydutch

Postby ChrisIsAwesome » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:17 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
DjEn3rgy21 wrote: Let me know if you can save me a spot in line!!!

It won't matter. At BOLA some of us front row pre-paid people had a line formed, and about 5 assholes walked up and started a new line. When told the line already existed, their response was "the line was here [where they were standing] last time!" Regardless of the fact that several of us had been there for like 4 hours waiting. And regardless of the fact that we were telling them that we had started the line. They just stood there. And the retard security guard said nothing, just sat there stonefaced. We ended up just getting in front of them in their line, but I know several people who had been waiting almost as long as us ended up getting filed in behind some jackasses who just showed up late.

So, moral of the story: lines don't mean shit anymore.

lol, I was one of those jackasses. I asked the security dude how the lines were set up and he said 3 lines like the night before. When you guys got all mad about it I said I didn't give a shit and you guys could all go in front of me.

Also do you really consider showing up an hour before the the announced bell time late?
ChrisIsAwesome

Postby fatallylost » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:00 pm

I think he meant late, as in there are already others there.

The first night was awesome. Got there before the line split. We were just around the corner waiting. So, some group of people who look like they need a good humbling decides to just stand in the middle of the parking lot and wait for the line split, completely disrespecting everyone who was already there.

Moral of my story, I hate douche bags, and Cali is heavily populated with them.

Also, always eat your broccoli.
fatallylost

Postby chdevin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:15 pm

Aye, where's that bay area PWG fan? A friend and I are interested in chipping in for the trip if you make the drive down for us. Would you like to make plans?
chdevin

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:13 pm

fatallylost wrote:The first night was awesome. Got there before the line split. We were just around the corner waiting. So, some group of people who look like they need a good humbling decides to just stand in the middle of the parking lot and wait for the line split, completely disrespecting everyone who was already there.

Exactly. That is the point I was trying to make.

ChrisIsAwesome wrote:lol, I was one of those jackasses. I asked the security dude how the lines were set up and he said 3 lines like the night before. When you guys got all mad about it I said I didn't give a shit and you guys could all go in front of me.

Also do you really consider showing up an hour before the the announced bell time late?

Late compared to those who came earlier; that new line formed when the existing line nwas around the building. The problem as I see it is that you and the people in line with you asked security, and then disregarded what we in line were telling you, as if we were lying to you about it. We went in front when someone from PWG said we could, I didn't hear anyone in that new line trying to be cool about it and let us in front. Several people just started ignoring us.

My main beef is with the old man who said "this is where it was last time" and then refused to move. We were waiting. Would it be so hard to be cool about it and just get in line? No. Had to be a dick and refuse to listen to fellow fans, as long as he got what he wanted.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby IronMonkey » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:35 pm

^ all of this, plus some other trivial factors (such as my personal economic situation) are reason(s) why i don't attend PWG shows as much as i'd like to. I'm sorry, but i don't have the time out of my day, nor do i want to stand around for 2, 3, or more hours before the show starts thinking it'll all be worth it to be early in, only to have random douchenozzles a)cut the line, b) start their own line, c) jump in the front of the line so they can be with their friends etc etc. And $12 for a pitcher of beer now? That seems a tad high, esp considering that you're probably just getting Budweiser from the tap don't ya think?
IronMonkey

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:39 pm

There is nothing wrong with getting to the venue early and holding a place for your friends in line. At the last show I held a spot in line for my best friend who traveled 400 miles to see PWG, am I suppose to send my friend to the back of the line? Come on people don't be so anal about this.

If you have front row, there is no point for you to get to the venue early or worry about people jumping line, you are guaranteed front row if you purchased it, the people may jump you but you still gonna seat front row, so why ya all tripping?

Or may be PWG should do what Dragon Gate does, assign seats and mail out tickets. (problem solved)
krayzie Bone

Postby dirtydutch » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:28 pm

I agree holding a spot for your friend is one thing but at night 2 of BOLA I saw quite a few people standing in the middle of the parking lot waiting for the line to split. I mean if this is a problem then why not go on and split the line before hand I mean most regulars know front row is on the left hand side of the rope, right side is for GA and against the wall for people who don't have tickets

ps 2 less front tickets left I was gonna wait till I got paid but I just couldn't and had the funds, now just gotta wait till the 9th
dirtydutch

Postby ChrisIsAwesome » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:09 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
fatallylost wrote:The first night was awesome. Got there before the line split. We were just around the corner waiting. So, some group of people who look like they need a good humbling decides to just stand in the middle of the parking lot and wait for the line split, completely disrespecting everyone who was already there.

Exactly. That is the point I was trying to make.

ChrisIsAwesome wrote:lol, I was one of those jackasses. I asked the security dude how the lines were set up and he said 3 lines like the night before. When you guys got all mad about it I said I didn't give a shit and you guys could all go in front of me.

Late compared to those who came earlier; that new line formed when the existing line nwas around the building. The problem as I see it is that you and the people in line with you asked security, and then disregarded what we in line were telling you, as if we were lying to you about it. We went in front when someone from PWG said we could, I didn't hear anyone in that new line trying to be cool about it and let us in front. Several people just started ignoring us.

My main beef is with the old man who said "this is where it was last time" and then refused to move. We were waiting. Would it be so hard to be cool about it and just get in line? No. Had to be a dick and refuse to listen to fellow fans, as long as he got what he wanted.

lol, I was the one that got that guy to back up so you guys could go in front.

krayzie Bone wrote:If you have front row, there is no point for you to get to the venue early or worry about people jumping line, you are guaranteed front row if you purchased it, the people may jump you but you still gonna seat front row, so why ya all tripping?

lol, this.

If I was concerned with being the first person in line or whatever, I would've showed up super early like you guys. No one was trying to be a jackass or cut you guys or whatever(well I wasn't, at least), it was just a misunderstanding.
ChrisIsAwesome

Postby Detroitboi » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:48 pm

I want to go to this one just for the Title Match. Gonna depend on if I have to work that Saturday though. I could still make it, but with L.A. Traffic, 2 hours can turn to 3 or 4 and a half easily like the last 2 Friday events. On those days I left early because I wanted to eat first and made it an hour before bell time(took me 4 hours). But Oddly enough I left early for BOLA and got there in 2 hours flat :lol: Crazy! Saturdays and Sundays are better though. I chalk it up to Friday Rush Hour Traffic.
Detroitboi

Postby fatallylost » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:17 pm

dirtydutch wrote:I agree holding a spot for your friend is one thing but at night 2 of BOLA I saw quite a few people standing in the middle of the parking lot waiting for the line to split. I mean if this is a problem then why not go on and split the line before hand I mean most regulars know front row is on the left hand side of the rope, right side is for GA and against the wall for people who don't have tickets

ps 2 less front tickets left I was gonna wait till I got paid but I just couldn't and had the funds, now just gotta wait till the 9th

Yeah, that's the situation I was talking about.

I didn't fully get the 3 line split, as mentioned, if you bought front row you were guaranteed all but exactly which front row seat you were in.

Also, those were the only shows they've ever split front row specifically, it's always just been pre-sale and night of lines.

I think the problem only really lies with people who think they're special, or more important than the rest of the line. Just line up when you get there, I love going to the shows, but, the amount of disrespect for no good reason gets on my nerves. Mostly cause the PWG crowds have been some of the coolest crowds I've been apart of.
fatallylost

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:10 am

I honestly want to rent a gang of chairs and rent them to people in line for 5 bucks but I think Larry might act like a bitch about it lol

Has anyone noticed Larry has been in a good mood the last couple of shows. Maybe it's them raising the price of pitchers. I really hope the pitchers aren't 12 bucks again
Souf Centrol

Postby dirtydutch » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:15 am

what would you do with all the chairs once everyone started going inside?
dirtydutch

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:17 am

Souf Centrol wrote:I honestly want to rent a gang of chairs and rent them to people in line for 5 bucks but I think Larry might act like a bitch about it lol

Has anyone noticed Larry has been in a good mood the last couple of shows. Maybe it's them raising the price of pitchers. I really hope the pitchers aren't 12 bucks again

I actually have noticed the change in Legion Larry's demeanor. Its kinda scary, or maybe he's making a killing re-selling the lighters he confiscates! I bet he's getting a cut of the hot dog truck thats been coming by lately too, but more power to him. Keeps him off our back and lets us enjoy the show

Speaking of the show, Generico and Ricochet should be insane, and I would love for the surprise to happen and Gatson walks out with the belt
Fsportsentertainment

Postby El Asian » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:49 am

we as fans should probably be a little more thankful with the way PWG does handle crowds and letting people in as its much better than ROH has handled things apparently as the head of security in ROH is much worse than Larry it seems as ROH security, at least in that venue in NY, didn't allow some people in that already bought ticket

anyways, I wonder why PWG hasn't brought back Scorpio Sky after Seven, seems kinda weird as I would have expect him to get a spot in BOLA at least
El Asian

Postby Tarfoo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:38 pm

El Asian wrote:anyways, I wonder why PWG hasn't brought back Scorpio Sky after Seven, seems kinda weird as I would have expect him to get a spot in BOLA at least

I guess there might still be issues between the two sides, and Sky only returned for that one very special occasion.
Tarfoo

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:10 pm

dirtydutch wrote:what would you do with all the chairs once everyone started going inside?

Put em back in the truck after they start letting people in
Souf Centrol

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Damnit, no edit button

Got my front row tickets last night, can't wait for the show
Souf Centrol

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum