Young Bu... er, Gen Me

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Young Bu... er, Gen Me

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:05 pm

Is it just me or have the bucks really come into their own as of late. Ive seen them every month at PWG since Express Written Consent and I have seen them really evolve. At cyanide, they really got over as much as ever by doing almost the least possible - little things like constantly stopping to pose - that drew tremendous heat. There is no doubt in my mind these guys will be even bigger than they are now. Im just really impressed with how far they have come lately.
Fsportsentertainment

Re: Young Bu... er, Gen Me

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:46 pm

What the fuck are you talking about dude? They got over because we had few TNA fans in the crowd. I was very disappointed with Young Bucks match, it was my least favorite match on the card. I mean I understand they are in TNA now and that they are trying to heel it up, but come on, last night in Reseda they just mailed it in.
krayzie Bone

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:27 pm

They got over because they were using tried and true heel tactics. Mailed it in? They got as much heat as they have ever gotten last night. How did they mail it in? Because they didnt do 50 dives out into the crowd? Because they were able to get over doing minimally damaging stuff to their body and used their minds and entertainment? Or are you one of those guys who forgets that A) these guys are wrestling more than what you see them do on TNA and PWG and might be hurt and B) thinks that these guys should try to kill themselves every night for people instead of trying to learn from the big guys how to make some money and protect their bodies just a little bit. Yes, they didnt do as much physical stuff last night, but that hardly constitutes saying they called it in. I respect your opinion, but feel you are mistaken
Fsportsentertainment

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:37 pm

I respect your opinion too, but they still mailed it in. Yes they got heat from the audience because they are ultra heels, but to me posing for 20 minutes is not entertainment. I don't expect them to do 100 dives in every match, but the match was just terrible. I can be a great heel too, I can come out and cut a great promo but I can't wrestle, so does it mean you would love to see me in PWG? Of course not. Young Bucks/Generation Me is one of the best tag teams in the world and I wanted to see a great wrestling match, which I didn't see, so yes they mailed it in. Call it psychology, call it "learning from the big guys who never had a great match" whatever other excuses you wanna find for the lame match they had last night.
krayzie Bone

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:39 pm

For someone who calls himself F sports Entertainment, you sure do love it.
krayzie Bone

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:31 pm

If someone got pissed because the Bucks were pulling cheap shit, then they did their job as heels. Krazy Bone just fell into the schtick. Heels aren't supposed to be doing flashy shit in the first place, usually the faces are the ones to come out with the jaw dropping moves. Chill out with being so judgemental, even if they phoned it in, i'm pretty sure they put on a good mid-card match. Generation Me are great wrestlers, but I think it's awesome they are finally falling into their characters naturally.
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:17 pm

I like the way the Bucks work, especially their heel work recently as TNA representatives. However, I agree with Krayzie that it felt a little mailed in. Not like they didn't work hard, by any means. Just that it was a little derivative of what they have been doing recently, and a little repetitive.

Bucks will always be over at PWG because they are awesome and PWG is their home. But maybe they need to freshen up their tactics just a tad.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:44 pm

zombiegeeknecrocult wrote:If someone got pissed because the Bucks were pulling cheap shit, then they did their job as heels. Krazy Bone just fell into the schtick. Heels aren't supposed to be doing flashy shit in the first place, usually the faces are the ones to come out with the jaw dropping moves. Chill out with being so judgemental, even if they phoned it in, i'm pretty sure they put on a good mid-card match. Generation Me are great wrestlers, but I think it's awesome they are finally falling into their characters naturally.

This is 1980's mentality and should no longer apply to wrestling. I hate when fans justify bad wrestling by attributing this to "heel heat" So just because a wrestler is heel he no longer has to bust his ass? That's a bull shit philosophy about wrestling favored by Southern fans of Memphis days. PWG is a strong style cutting edge promotion that specialize in innovation and great wrestling, these old Memphis style ways do not look good in PWG. Excalibur once said that PWG was inspired by Noah, well in Japan heels wrestle just as hard as faces, and actually sometimes heels wrestle even stiffer and more physical, so please let's not excuse the Bucks less then average performance just cause they are heels.
krayzie Bone

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:17 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:
zombiegeeknecrocult wrote:If someone got pissed because the Bucks were pulling cheap shit, then they did their job as heels. Krazy Bone just fell into the schtick. Heels aren't supposed to be doing flashy shit in the first place, usually the faces are the ones to come out with the jaw dropping moves. Chill out with being so judgemental, even if they phoned it in, i'm pretty sure they put on a good mid-card match. Generation Me are great wrestlers, but I think it's awesome they are finally falling into their characters naturally.

This is 1980's mentality and should no longer apply to wrestling. I hate when fans justify bad wrestling by attributing this to "heel heat" So just because a wrestler is heel he no longer has to bust his ass? That's a bull shit philosophy about wrestling favored by Southern fans of Memphis days. PWG is a strong style cutting edge promotion that specialize in innovation and great wrestling, these old Memphis style ways do not look good in PWG. Excalibur once said that PWG was inspired by Noah, well in Japan heels wrestle just as hard as faces, and actually sometimes heels wrestle even stiffer and more physical, so please let's not excuse the Bucks less then average performance just cause they are heels.

This isn't NOAh or Japan buddy, this is still PWG where there will be some matches with more schtick than action. Like I said, it was a mid-card match and with the Taylors none the less. If you were expecting match of the year candidate, then your expectations for this match were too high and you might have to lay off the wrestling for a bit. This demand for them to pull out everything in the book every time they wrestle is very kiddish. Just cheer and boo and have a good time, don't expect five star matches the whole night because then you will just ruin a good time. As for 1980's mentality, that rule is still true to this day, bet that. Anyways, even if that match wasn't a spot fest, at least it was a decent match that would be way more superior than any regular tag match you would see in any indy. Be grateful for that, Bucks don't need to be flashy anymore, they are over, now it's time for the other teams to show off and show they can hang. Besides, the Bucks always have been guilty of doing the same shit, whether it be posing or the same effing moves.
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:09 am

zombiegeeknecrocult wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:

This isn't NOAh or Japan buddy, this is still PWG where there will be some matches with more schtick than action. Like I said, it was a mid-card match and with the Taylors none the less. If you were expecting match of the year candidate, then your expectations for this match were too high and you might have to lay off the wrestling for a bit. This demand for them to pull out everything in the book every time they wrestle is very kiddish. Just cheer and boo and have a good time, don't expect five star matches the whole night because then you will just ruin a good time. As for 1980's mentality, that rule is still true to this day, bet that. Anyways, even if that match wasn't a spot fest, at least it was a decent match that would be way more superior than any regular tag match you would see in any indy. Be grateful for that, Bucks don't need to be flashy anymore, they are over, now it's time for the other teams to show off and show they can hang. Besides, the Bucks always have been guilty of doing the same shit, whether it be posing or the same effing moves.

I didn't expect match of the year, I just expected a good match and it sucked. You are right my expectations are high because I've been watching some of the best Indy wrestling on earth for the past 15 years or so. I cheer and I boo, but I'm not a sports entertainment fan so I come to PWG to witness great wrestling. You are right unfortunately the 1980's mentality is true to this day and it is very unfortunate. The revolution and innovation that the old ECW started surely made wrestling in America a lot more legit but unfortunately wrestling is becoming stale again. You mentioned that the Bucks match on Saturday would still be superior to any Indy fed, you obviously have never seen Chikara or CZW
krayzie Bone

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:52 am

krayzie Bone wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:
zombiegeeknecrocult wrote:This is 1980's mentality and should no longer apply to wrestling. I hate when fans justify bad wrestling by attributing this to "heel heat" So just because a wrestler is heel he no longer has to bust his ass? That's a bull shit philosophy about wrestling favored by Southern fans of Memphis days. PWG is a strong style cutting edge promotion that specialize in innovation and great wrestling, these old Memphis style ways do not look good in PWG. Excalibur once said that PWG was inspired by Noah, well in Japan heels wrestle just as hard as faces, and actually sometimes heels wrestle even stiffer and more physical, so please let's not excuse the Bucks less then average performance just cause they are heels.

I didn't expect match of the year, I just expected a good match and it sucked. You are right my expectations are high because I've been watching some of the best Indy wrestling on earth for the past 15 years or so. I cheer and I boo, but I'm not a sports entertainment fan so I come to PWG to witness great wrestling. You are right unfortunately the 1980's mentality is true to this day and it is very unfortunate. The revolution and innovation that the old ECW started surely made wrestling in America a lot more legit but unfortunately wrestling is becoming stale again. You mentioned that the Bucks match on Saturday would still be superior to any Indy fed, you obviously have never seen Chikara or CZW

You think the match sucked, that's fine, but even you said you got too high standards. So maybe what might be horrible to you would be awesome to someone else? When I say any indy, I mean independant shows that aren't CZW, JAPW, Hybrid Pro, EVOLVE, FIP, AAW, CHIKARA, ROH and every other indy company that use the same names you see in PWG. I'm talking about those no name brand tag matches where it's basic move after basic move. Be glad you even got more than 50 percent from the Bucks or even got to see the match in PWG. There are so many tag teams and promotions out there that can't do or even match half of what goes on in PWG. Stop whining about how Gen Me vs. Taylors was so horrible just because the Bucks taunted a lot. As for the comment about how wrestling is becoming stale again, that is such a b.s. comment to say. 2010 has been such a great year for wrestling all over, including WWE. Get off your high horse, stop bitching and be more positive about things instead of such a downer when you don't get a hard on during a wrestling match.
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:53 am

krayzie Bone wrote:
zombiegeeknecrocult wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:This is 1980's mentality and should no longer apply to wrestling. I hate when fans justify bad wrestling by attributing this to "heel heat" So just because a wrestler is heel he no longer has to bust his ass? That's a bull shit philosophy about wrestling favored by Southern fans of Memphis days. PWG is a strong style cutting edge promotion that specialize in innovation and great wrestling, these old Memphis style ways do not look good in PWG. Excalibur once said that PWG was inspired by Noah, well in Japan heels wrestle just as hard as faces, and actually sometimes heels wrestle even stiffer and more physical, so please let's not excuse the Bucks less then average performance just cause they are heels.

You think the match sucked, that's fine, but even you said you got too high standards. So maybe what might be horrible to you would be awesome to someone else? When I say any indy, I mean independant shows that aren't CZW, JAPW, Hybrid Pro, EVOLVE, FIP, AAW, CHIKARA, ROH and every other indy company that use the same names you see in PWG. I'm talking about those no name brand tag matches where it's basic move after basic move. Be glad you even got more than 50 percent from the Bucks or even got to see the match in PWG. There are so many tag teams and promotions out there that can't do or even match half of what goes on in PWG. Stop whining about how Gen Me vs. Taylors was so horrible just because the Bucks taunted a lot. As for the comment about how wrestling is becoming stale again, that is such a b.s. comment to say. 2010 has been such a great year for wrestling all over, including WWE. Get off your high horse, stop bitching and be more positive about things instead of such a downer when you don't get a hard on during a wrestling match.
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:22 am

I'm not bitching, I'm expressing my opinion as a wrestling fan, if you disagree with me that's fine, don't call it bitching, I'm not being negative, I just didn't like the match, We buy wrestling tickets with our hard earned money so we have the right to express our opinions on the product, if everyone was just positive, then everything would just suck, because no one would give a shit anymore to impress a consumer. And I don't give a fuck about WWE either. These days PWG is filled with WWE fans and obviously you are one of them. However you are correct in saying that PWG is the best in California, absolutely agree, I wouldn't drive 4 hours each way to see it if it wasn't, but this is also why I expect perfection, cause PWG is the only company on the West Coast that can rival the East Coast Indies. You might think that 2010 was a good year for wrestling, I don't know man may be you live in parallel universe 2010, but to me it wasn't that great, I saw things in 2002, 2003 that no one does now.

Peace.
krayzie Bone

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:45 am

Saying a match was horrible because the HEELS of the match taunted too much is an opinion. A very lame opinion, but an opinion none the less. Its like saying you thought a WWE PPV was horrible because John Cena didn't win the belt. You are just being over dramatic because you didn't get what you wanted. As for thinking you can moan and groan all you want because you watch indy shows, lol. Sorry buddy, there are plenty of people that go to the shows and buy DVD's that can express their opinions in a manner that won't make them sound like a whiney/snobby wrestling geek.
If everyone were positive and not be so judgemental, wrestlers and promoters would still go that extra mile to make their loyal fans happy. Being picky and whiney (I mean opinionated) won't get you anywhere and nothing is going to change. If you need to feel like your elitist attitude will get your favorite company to succeed even further then I suggest you goto the ROH message boards and stay there. There are plenty of people over there with the same holier than thou attitude just because they supported the indies for a few years and think they got everything figured out in the business. I think their attitude is really changing things over there!

As for being a WWE fan, yes, I am a WWE fan, don't mean anything horrible like you try to make it sound. I'm also a TNA, WXW, JAPW, PWA, CZW, Chikara, FIP, AIW, Hybrid Pro, Evolve, DG USA, ROH, NJPW, NOAH, BJPW, ACW, DDT, AAW, Kaiju Big Battle, AJPW, Beyond and most notably, a PWG fan! Long story short, I LOVE wrestling, but i'm not going to shit on everything that isn't a balls to the wall wrestling match. As for 2010 being a not so impressive year compared to 2002 and 2003? Dude, those years were boring and sucked! With the exception of a few indie companies and tournaments, wrestling was still getting all the bad rep that it's getting now. Except this year actually had some great improvements since 2007. You may try and make it sound like i'm a douche for liking "sports entertainment" but believe me, you are the one sounding like a typical WWE douche fan. All I can say is chill out, stop being so judgemental, Get off your high horse, stop bitching and be more positive about things instead of such a downer when you don't get a hard on during a wrestling match.
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:02 am

First of all don't tell me what to do and let's get something straight here, everything in wrestling is an opinion there is no right and wrong, you are entitled to yours, I'm entitled to mine, we are not discussing quantum physics here, so its you that need to chill out! I'm not going to get off my high horse, as a matter of fact I'm going to ride on it proudly. Society teaches you to be positive, well I didn't fall for that bull shit cause I gotta brain and a good taste, so sorry you did, you can go ahead and stay positive about nothing my dude.

I understand why you think that wrestling in 2003 sucked, you think that cause you never left California. Well back in those days I lived in the Midwest so I went to IWA Mid South matches every month, and I saw more classic matches there during that time that I can count, one of them being CM Punk vs Chris Hero, 90 minute iron man challenge, Colt Cabana vs AJ Styles at Ultra Styles Clash Weekend down in Clarksville, I mean just one great match after another. You had to be there to experience it. Also ROH was really awesome during that time as well. The shows were innovative and diverse, not repetative and boring as they are now. That's why I was laughing when you told me to go to ROH message board, cause I'm not even an ROH fan, as a matter of fact I hate their board and their fans. They are complete yes men and go along with everything ROH management does. They throw streamers in every match and are total nerds, that's not me. I don't go crazy for the same old matches with thousand near falls, that doesn't impress me.

And for the last time, I'm not complaining about PWG show, I think it was a great show, but the Young Bucks mailed it in, call it negative, bitching, whining whatever you want to call it, truth remains they still mailed it in, but that's just one bad match, so not a big deal.
krayzie Bone

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:50 pm

.... with that said...

THE BUCKS F'KN RULE!! :)
The_Sharpshooter

Postby El Asian » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:04 pm

for the guy complaining about the Young Bucks "mailing it in"

El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:45 pm

Awesome video clip El Asian, didn't know you were 12 years old.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:50 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Awesome video clip El Asian, didn't know you were 12 years old.

because playing Team Fortress 2 that is rated M for Mature on the ESRB means I'm 12 year old, wonderful logic from the IWA MS fan :roll:
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:27 pm

No you right, playing team fortress is not immature, its just fucking nerdy :lol:
krayzie Bone

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum