PWG is taking forever to announce these matches

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG is taking forever to announce these matches

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:02 pm

WR is less than a month away and still no matches. I'm a big Piper and Funk fan but I'm all PWG all the way and want to make my driving plans ahead of time if the card is enticing enough. I take it they are still sorting out their fly ins or late bookings like Low Ki.

Anyone know if Homicide is going to be doing the ROH show? Maybe they can book a Peligro Abejas vs Homicide/Low Ki match.
BayAreaPWGFan

Re: PWG is taking forever to announce these matches

Postby El Asian » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:44 pm

I'm probably guessing they are waiting for a few confirmed vendor guests to book as well
El Asian

Postby onlxn » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:13 pm

El Asian wrote:I'm probably guessing they are waiting for a few confirmed vendor guests to book as well

Probably so, but they'd be well-served to announce a big match or two just to focus all the buzz. For its run-of-the-mill shows, I think it's fine (and certainly fun) for PWG to announce everything all at once... for a high-wattage card like this, though, it's better to get people talking well beforehand, and to give each marquee name and match its own day in the sun. It's never useful for a promotion to go completely dark and newsless like this for so long.
onlxn

Postby Matt Flash » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:09 pm

onlxn wrote:
El Asian wrote:I'm probably guessing they are waiting for a few confirmed vendor guests to book as well

Probably so, but they'd be well-served to announce a big match or two just to focus all the buzz. For its run-of-the-mill shows, I think it's fine (and certainly fun) for PWG to announce everything all at once... for a high-wattage card like this, though, it's better to get people talking well beforehand, and to give each marquee name and match its own day in the sun. It's never useful for a promotion to go completely dark and newsless like this for so long.

Indeed, like BOLA. I'm not saying they should announce the wrestlers on this show one by one, but announcing things little by little over a longer period of time keeps you coming back to the site to see who and what is next. Keeps PWG fresh on the mind. I'm surprised they haven't mentioned anything yet, but I'm sure they will soon. And I'm sure the card will be good enough to make us forget the wait, too.
Matt Flash

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Yes, the anticipation is building already.
I am sure by Saturday, PWG will announce something. Saturday marks the 3week countdown :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Yeah I feel you. My money isn't looking right and might not go to the jan show. But if its a must see match (low ki) then I'll hustle the money up.
Souf Centrol

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:Yeah I feel you. My money isn't looking right and might not go to the jan show. But if its a must see match (low ki) then I'll hustle the money up.

I am sure PWG is going to put on something "special".
According to wrestlereunion.com, it's going to be a "stacked" show. :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby gravedigger3 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:15 am

The card should be annouced this weekend. It will feature an international talent or so they say.

Got my first ever pwg tickets today im in section d row 1
gravedigger3

Postby Meltman » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:41 am

Put Vampiro in with Jake Roberts, make it the opener.
Meltman

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum