Generico / TNA

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Generico / TNA

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:07 pm

ESPINOZA316 wrote:It's crazy how the majority of the people that shit on TNA here are WWE fans. I love the indy scene but when it comes to tv wrestling TNA is far superior to that pg garbage known as WWE.

I agree with you on that. TV-wise, TNA is better than WWE.
However, if were talking TV, i'll take ROH on HDnet and NWA Hollywood on KDOC over TNA & WWE any day of the week.:mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby El Asian » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm far from being a WWE apologist but really? I guess with that mentality, I guess that's why TNA beat WWE on the Monday Night Wa..oh wait
El Asian

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:20 pm

People crap on TNA because they have some of the best talent in the world yet they still keep the foucs on guys like Hardy, Hogan, Bischoff, when the focus should be on AJ, Joe, Pope, MCMG, and Beer Money. And WWE's product isn't that great either.
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm a fan in general of wrestling. I've watched both shows and TNA just slips a lot. Yes they should focus on the other talent but their writing is just horrible. Like their stories don't compel and to sell it it's tough.

WWE has hits and misses. Sometimes they have good stories, feuds and so forth.

Both companies are capable of doing great things in writing. WWE being the longest and more established we already know can hit certain points if they want too. TNA takes the edgy side of things. Kind of like the attitude era of the WWE. However sometimes they do drop the ball entirely on characters, use of them and so forth.

The Bucks in TNA are great to watch, Just like ArmDrag in WWE (He's now getting a push and they are developing things for him which should be great) True its not full potential we are used too but sometimes we can see how companies will limit their characters. It's not always pretty.

Sometimes it's the writing that does make a good show. And if it lacks it, then well it gets stale, why we all like indy wrestling. It has stories but is a little more open to them and delivers fully in matches.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:41 am

El Asian wrote:I'm far from being a WWE apologist but really? I guess with that mentality, I guess that's why TNA beat WWE on the Monday Night Wa..oh wait

That's so clever, did you come up with that all by yourself.
ESPINOZA316

Postby El Asian » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:16 pm

ESPINOZA316 wrote:
El Asian wrote:I'm far from being a WWE apologist but really? I guess with that mentality, I guess that's why TNA beat WWE on the Monday Night Wa..oh wait

let's ignore all the shit TNA has done like its preference to push wash-up guys like Jeff Hardy and bring in Matt Hardy, hell the fact it took a long time for them to finally push Motor City Machine Guns but then are about to break up until Shelley's injury and plenty of other guys that deserve a push instead and some of the most awful storylines like Samoa Joe getting kidnapped by ninjas and is never again explained, that shit involving Bubba and Kong, the failure to bring in Paul Heyman, Hulk Hogan's Hall of Fame ring has powers for Abyss, or bringing Jwoww from Jersey Shore for $15,000 to appear except said incident was airing against Jersey Shore
El Asian

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:46 pm

The_Sharpshooter wrote:
ESPINOZA316 wrote:It's crazy how the majority of the people that shit on TNA here are WWE fans. I love the indy scene but when it comes to tv wrestling TNA is far superior to that pg garbage known as WWE.

I agree with you on that. TV-wise, TNA is better than WWE.
However, if were talking TV, i'll take ROH on HDnet and NWA Hollywood on KDOC over TNA & WWE any day of the week.:mrgreen:

I don't know about TNA being better than wwe tv wise but I'll also choose ROh and NWA Hollywood over both. Like DJ Energy I like wrestling in general and record and watch everything from wwe to tna to AAA wrestling
Souf Centrol

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:50 pm

El Asian wrote:
ESPINOZA316 wrote:

let's ignore all the shit TNA has done like its preference to push wash-up guys like Jeff Hardy and bring in Matt Hardy, hell the fact it took a long time for them to finally push Motor City Machine Guns but then are about to break up until Shelley's injury and plenty of other guys that deserve a push instead and some of the most awful storylines like Samoa Joe getting kidnapped by ninjas and is never again explained, that shit involving Bubba and Kong, the failure to bring in Paul Heyman, Hulk Hogan's Hall of Fame ring has powers for Abyss, or bringing Jwoww from Jersey Shore for $15,000 to appear except said incident was airing against Jersey Shore

I get what you're saying but like I said anyone that shits on TNA and actually enjoys WWE has no crediblity whatsoever.
ESPINOZA316

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:15 am

ESPINOZA316 wrote:
El Asian wrote:let's ignore all the shit TNA has done like its preference to push wash-up guys like Jeff Hardy and bring in Matt Hardy, hell the fact it took a long time for them to finally push Motor City Machine Guns but then are about to break up until Shelley's injury and plenty of other guys that deserve a push instead and some of the most awful storylines like Samoa Joe getting kidnapped by ninjas and is never again explained, that shit involving Bubba and Kong, the failure to bring in Paul Heyman, Hulk Hogan's Hall of Fame ring has powers for Abyss, or bringing Jwoww from Jersey Shore for $15,000 to appear except said incident was airing against Jersey Shore

I get what you're saying but like I said anyone that shits on TNA and actually enjoys WWE has no crediblity whatsoever.

How is that having no credibility? I watch everything, even stuff most people don't even know about in other states, cities and countries. I like some of WWE stuff and have watched them since I was a kid in the 80s. All it is right now is a majority of opinions and as I said before, opinions are like assholes. We all have em. I personally don't like how TNA is now, it was good for a bit, had me then quickly lost me. I saw the earlier stuff and that was 10x better. But they blew it. WWE did the same thing for a bit, but lucky for them they have a large following and sometimes can hit things even with a PG rating. Would I love to see them go back to the attitude era? Yes, but lets face it, it's a company, a business, they want to capitalize and make money. And they do what they need to in order to generate it. The marketed to kids. Later down the line who knows where they will go. Could be for better or worse. But to this point WWE has years over TNA and to be honest, they won't be able to market that with how their doing it now. Remember one company has decades on the other. I say just enjoy both as we all have our say in discussions on why or what we like and how we like it.

You can't say it's not credible. Everything is credible. People have to prove credibility, thats how debates and discussions work. So far the facts presented are pretty credible. Counter it with better facts and maybe opinions might change.

All in all, most of us are happy Generico didn't leave. We love him way too much and know that when his payday comes, we want him to get it big and from the BEST paying company for his work. OLE!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby jacob_burman » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:55 pm

ESPINOZA316 wrote:
El Asian wrote:let's ignore all the shit TNA has done like its preference to push wash-up guys like Jeff Hardy and bring in Matt Hardy, hell the fact it took a long time for them to finally push Motor City Machine Guns but then are about to break up until Shelley's injury and plenty of other guys that deserve a push instead and some of the most awful storylines like Samoa Joe getting kidnapped by ninjas and is never again explained, that shit involving Bubba and Kong, the failure to bring in Paul Heyman, Hulk Hogan's Hall of Fame ring has powers for Abyss, or bringing Jwoww from Jersey Shore for $15,000 to appear except said incident was airing against Jersey Shore

It's like people who shit on WWE say it's because of the PG rating. Rating has nothing to do with it. I can think of two of the greatest performers of all-time, the late and great Curt Hennig as well as Randy Savage, didn't do anything that is outside what would be considered "PG". End of the day, it's still a BUSINESS and children bring in a shit ton of money. Some of the greatest performers were never great wrestlers in WWF/E (Hogan, Austin, Taker). They had great storylines and characters, though, which is something not only WWE, but TNA lacks. I mean seriously, how many "THEYS" are there? Only thing about that storyline that is enjoyable is watching Flair cut a promo and get all riled up as Flair is one of the best promo guys ever.
jacob_burman

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:32 pm

jacob_burman wrote:
ESPINOZA316 wrote:

It's like people who shit on WWE say it's because of the PG rating. Rating has nothing to do with it. I can think of two of the greatest performers of all-time, the late and great Curt Hennig as well as Randy Savage, didn't do anything that is outside what would be considered "PG". End of the day, it's still a BUSINESS and children bring in a shit ton of money. Some of the greatest performers were never great wrestlers in WWF/E (Hogan, Austin, Taker). They had great storylines and characters, though, which is something not only WWE, but TNA lacks. I mean seriously, how many "THEYS" are there? Only thing about that storyline that is enjoyable is watching Flair cut a promo and get all riled up as Flair is one of the best promo guys ever.

Well the pg rating does have alot to do with it. Why in the hell would I want to watch a show that is targeted to my 7year old son. Having a match stopped because a little blood is showing is just stupid and fucking retarded. Hell if PWG had a rating it would probably be rated mature and im pretty sure that some of the people that attend would not show up if it was pg. Look how stupid The American Dragon looks dancing around the ring like a moron, poor guy. I understand the business side but I'll say it again anyone who shits on TNA and actually enjoys the WWE has no credibility.
ESPINOZA316

Postby tmac9311 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Dude, Chikara is marketed to kids, and is better than WWE and TNA. Ratings don't mean shit. Sure I love PWG and would change nothing about it, but that's the brand it is. Just because PWG would be rated Mature doesn't mean it is incapable of making mistakes. The booking and giving the fans what they want (for the most part) are what prevents that. I'm not a fan of the whole WWE blood thing, but I like the way they play it off as a "sport" thing. That could possibly work in Evolve. I will say I stopped watching anything but PPVs for WWE TNA and even ROH (more due to lack but ability, but for sake of argument). By far WWE puts on the better show than TNA does. The only thing TNA does better is "I wonder where this is headed?" but that's more to the fact that the booking makes absolutely no sense (at least to me) and there's new developments, plot holes, etc. PPV to PPV. WWE most the time puts on an average show, TNA on the other fan I walk away from 85% of the time dissatisfied and feel like I wasted my time even though I streamed it for free. Saying anyone thats likes WWE more than TNA has no credibility to me makes no sense at all. It's a clear fact that TNA has the superior workers, but come month after month I'm more satisfied with the match quality of a WWE PPV than a TNA PPV. It was that way before the Hogan era for the most part, and ever since he showed up, TNA has just been plummeting in quality and watch-ability in my eyes.

But who cares about WWE and TNA. I'm sticking with PWG and Dragon Gate. and I'm very pleased Generico's talents won't be wasted in TNA
tmac9311

Postby jacob_burman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:31 pm

jacob_burman wrote:
ESPINOZA316 wrote:
El Asian wrote:I get what you're saying but like I said anyone that shits on TNA and actually enjoys WWE has no crediblity whatsoever.

Well the pg rating does have alot to do with it. Why in the hell would I want to watch a show that is targeted to my 7year old son. Having a match stopped because a little blood is showing is just stupid and fucking retarded. Hell if PWG had a rating it would probably be rated mature and im pretty sure that some of the people that attend would not show up if it was pg. Look how stupid The American Dragon looks dancing around the ring like a moron, poor guy. I understand the business side but I'll say it again anyone who shits on TNA and actually enjoys the WWE has no credibility.

Again, the PG thing has zero to do with Danielson dancing around like a goof. They could easily give him a great storyline with Regal or Punk, but creative just doesn't want to do that, for whatever reason. Only reason PWG might be rated mature is cause of the cursing, but take that away, would it really matter? I don't think so. And for anyone not to go to the show if it was a "PG" environment is stupid because the rating has zero to do with how much ring talent someone has or how someone can entertain in a straight up match.
jacob_burman

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:43 am

ESPINOZA316 wrote: I'll say it again anyone who shits on TNA and actually enjoys the WWE has no credibility.

Speaking of a lack of credibility, I'd say TNA fans can't throw stones. They both suck.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
ESPINOZA316 wrote: I'll say it again anyone who shits on TNA and actually enjoys the WWE has no credibility.

Speaking of a lack of credibility, I'd say TNA fans can't throw stones. They both suck.

Sorry dude no comprende, simple english will be fine for next time.
ESPINOZA316

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:27 am

ESPINOZA316 wrote:
El Hijo del Generico wrote:

Sorry dude no comprende, simple english will be fine for next time.

Ok.

TNA SUCKS BALLS. SO DOES WWE.
El Hijo del Generico

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum