The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby RobGrayson » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:55 pm

I would like to see Delirious back in PWG, was he ever here since BOLA 2006?

Also agree on Osirian Portal and I would also like to see the Colony here too.
RobGrayson

Postby Whoblehwah » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:42 pm

RobGrayson wrote:I would like to see Delirious back in PWG, was he ever here since BOLA 2006?

In 2008 him and Hallowicked faced Scott Lost and Joey Ryan for the tag titles. Forgot which show, but it was early in the year. Between Pearl Habra and 1.21 Gigawatts.
Whoblehwah

Postby jdrouskirsh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:33 am

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Adam Cole and Kyle O'riley for sure, Hallowicked and Frightmare, The Batiri (Obariyon and Kodama) I just watched The Young Lions Cup last night and Obariyon looked pretty damn impressive. They look a little Stings with green facepaint and I beleve their both rookies, I think they got a ton of potential.

I saw Kyle O'Reilly and I was not impressed. He's ok, but definitely not someone I would want edging out some of the great guys on the cards or in this thread. Any of the Chikara guys might be fun.

yeah he brings nothing... he's pretty much a clone of davey, although not nearly as good
jdrouskirsh

Postby SlayJ » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:02 pm

jdrouskirsh wrote:
El Hijo del Generico wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Adam Cole and Kyle O'riley for sure, Hallowicked and Frightmare, The Batiri (Obariyon and Kodama) I just watched The Young Lions Cup last night and Obariyon looked pretty damn impressive. They look a little Stings with green facepaint and I beleve their both rookies, I think they got a ton of potential.

I saw Kyle O'Reilly and I was not impressed. He's ok, but definitely not someone I would want edging out some of the great guys on the cards or in this thread. Any of the Chikara guys might be fun.

yeah he brings nothing... he's pretty much a clone of davey, although not nearly as good

At this point I haven't seen a huge cross selection of O'Reilly's work. But in the stuff I've seen he's been pretty impressive. Why not have a solid young wrestler like that come in to PWG and hone his craft like Generico, Steen, and Richards have before? You never know. He might really step his game up on the West Coast. It could be a win-win for both O'Reilly and PWG in the long run.

Jay
SlayJ

Postby Meltman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:48 pm

SlayJ wrote:Why not have a solid young wrestler like that come in to PWG and hone his craft like Generico, Steen, and Richards have before?

Because those 3 guys stood out even before PWG. Kyle O'Reilly does not.

I'd rather see for example Ryan Taylor pushed and bring in Davey instead of his protege. The better version is already here.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Jon Moxley has been CZW champ and a top guy in DGUSA for MONTHS. And he hasn't had a single must-see match. Sami Callihan has been on the verge of breaking out for like 2 years. Not a single must-see match. Guys like Omega and Ricochet had a really stacked list of must-see stuff even before PWG. Generico and Steen did too.

Why give a shot here to guys who are getting huge shots elsewhere and not really proving themselves? Moxley wrestled Brodie Lee and got a "boring" chant. How's that happen to a brawler?

One serious suggestion: Rich Swann should be brought in by PWG. He's gotten really good. Debut him against Chuck Taylor or somebody.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:06 pm

Meltman wrote:Because those 3 guys stood out even before PWG. Kyle O'Reilly does not.

honestly, I can see PWG booking O'Relly if he's traveling with Davey

Meltman wrote:Jon Moxley has been CZW champ and a top guy in DGUSA for MONTHS. And he hasn't had a single must-see match. Sami Callihan has been on the verge of breaking out for like 2 years. Not a single must-see match. Guys like Omega and Ricochet had a really stacked list of must-see stuff even before PWG. Generico and Steen did too.

Why give a shot here to guys who are getting huge shots elsewhere and not really proving themselves? Moxley wrestled Brodie Lee and got a "boring" chant. How's that happen to a brawler?

One serious suggestion: Rich Swann should be brought in by PWG. He's gotten really good. Debut him against Chuck Taylor or somebody.

I agree with Swann, as for Moxley and Callihan, I've heard praises with their match against the American Wolves in wXw, as for Brodie vs. Moxley, I guess you are assuming to their CZW match and let's be honest here, CZW fans are generally awful in terms of crowd because I enjoyed their match in EVOLVE honestly
El Asian

Postby ASSQUATCH » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:10 pm

El Asian wrote:someone suggested Hallowicked and Frightmare and another said Ultramantis Black, they are teaming together, so I'd say, bring all 3 together

ASSQUATCH wrote:The old epic 24 man BOLAs were perfect for outsiders getting booked fuck tna for killing the three night BOLA.

I don't like TNA as much as the next person and I really hope PWG brings back the epic 3 night and 24 man BOLA again but I don't think its TNA's fault for killing that BOLA set-up, personally I just blame the economy

Yeah but sometimes I wonder what would have happened if BOLA 08 went down as planned.
ASSQUATCH

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:14 pm

Whoblehwah wrote:
RobGrayson wrote:I would like to see Delirious back in PWG, was he ever here since BOLA 2006?

In 2008 him and Hallowicked faced Scott Lost and Joey Ryan for the tag titles. Forgot which show, but it was early in the year. Between Pearl Habra and 1.21 Gigawatts.

Yup! it was Dia De Los Dangerous.
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:45 pm

Meltman wrote:Jon Moxley has been CZW champ and a top guy in DGUSA for MONTHS. And he hasn't had a single must-see match. Sami Callihan has been on the verge of breaking out for like 2 years. Not a single must-see match. Guys like Omega and Ricochet had a really stacked list of must-see stuff even before PWG. Generico and Steen did too.

Why give a shot here to guys who are getting huge shots elsewhere and not really proving themselves?

because like i said they don't suck, they are fun to watch, and would have a bunch of fresh match ups in PWG. not every guy who wrestles in PWG has a stacked list of "must see" matches.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Meltman » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:54 pm

I have faith that PWG won't book guys like Moxley/Callihan/Gargano who get buzzed about for 6+ months and don't really...get better.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:56 pm

ASSQUATCH wrote:
El Asian wrote:someone suggested Hallowicked and Frightmare and another said Ultramantis Black, they are teaming together, so I'd say, bring all 3 together

ASSQUATCH wrote:The old epic 24 man BOLAs were perfect for outsiders getting booked fuck tna for killing the three night BOLA.

I don't like TNA as much as the next person and I really hope PWG brings back the epic 3 night and 24 man BOLA again but I don't think its TNA's fault for killing that BOLA set-up, personally I just blame the economy

Yeah but sometimes I wonder what would have happened if BOLA 08 went down as planned.

Off-topic but it does make you think. I remember when TNA forced Sabin & Shelley out of DDT4. 2007 or 2008. People were saying they were gonna win for sure.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Meltman wrote:I have faith that PWG won't book guys like Moxley/Callihan/Gargano who get buzzed about for 6+ months and don't really...get better.

honestly, Gargano is touring in Dragon Gate soon with Chuck and Swann, so I think Gargano will have some improvement while he's there plus, as I like using Kevin Steen's logic for these examples, but I believe those 3 can get better if they had opportunities to face more variety of opponents, which PWG has the best to offer on that one

also, it was the 1st DDT4 that Shelley and Sabin were suppose to be part of until TNA removed

now anyways, let's move on from that for now and something I want to see in PWG, almost anyone from Big Japan like Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okabayashi, Jun Kasai, Abdullah Kobayashi, Yoshito Sasaki, Jaki Numazawa, Isami Kodaka, Masashi Takeda, Men's Teioh, Yuko Miyamoto, or Kankuro Hoshino
El Asian

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Madvillian wrote:Also Malachi Massie vs "Pretty" Peter Avalon could be a good feud. in other words, bring back Malachi. Aiden Riley and Candice LeRae vs Buggy Nova and Christina Von Eerie NEEDS to happen (*please*)

Yeah I agree, bring back Malachi. I think Peter can bring the best out of him. I'd rather see Candice LeRae vs Lucky O'Shea. Buggy vs Von Eerie would be awesome
Souf Centrol

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:05 am

Meltman wrote:I have faith that PWG won't book guys like Moxley/Callihan/Gargano who get buzzed about for 6+ months and don't really...get better.

i didn't think that is what this thread was about but OK, i don't think they'll book them either because they don't seem to book CZW guys, not because they aren't getting better. PWG isn't NXT and searching for the next break out superstar, as is those guys are good enough to work a show.

El Asian wrote:now anyways, let's move on from that for now and something I want to see in PWG, almost anyone from Big Japan like Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okabayashi, Jun Kasai, Abdullah Kobayashi, Yoshito Sasaki, Jaki Numazawa, Isami Kodaka, Masashi Takeda, Men's Teioh, Yuko Miyamoto, or Kankuro Hoshino

would be awesome to see sekimoto & yoshito sasaki. munenori sawa, hidaka, & or fujita jr hayato would be cool too.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Meltman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:01 pm

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:

i didn't think that is what this thread was about but OK, i don't think they'll book them either because they don't seem to book CZW guys, not because they aren't getting better. PWG isn't NXT and searching for the next break out superstar, as is those guys are good enough to work a show.

I see your point. But you gotta admit PWG's booking, locals aside, is more "elite" than most feds. It's been years since we saw random throwaway debuts (last I can think is Chuckie T & Vin Gerard in 2008). They're more methodical than that. Ricochet had gotten incredible by the time he got booked, and so had Omega with his work in Japan. Even Tozawa who ended up being amazing debuted along with YAMATO, who was the money name of that team.

Honestly, as a fan I wish there would be more random debuts. But I understand their side because there's such a limited # of shows and quality matters.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Meltman wrote:Honestly, as a fan I wish there would be more random debuts. But I understand their side because there's such a limited # of shows and quality matters.

I agree, I miss the random debuts as well, kinda hope to see those back or something and in another thread, you brought up Beef Wellington, that would be a guy I wouldn't mind in PWG as he's still active, personally I'd say bring him and bring back Disco Machine and put those 2 together, given that they are both Excalibur's former tag partners as well

also, Madvillain brought back Sky, I have no clue what's up with him, I actually thought he'd return have Seven but that never happened, also I actually would like to see Malachi return but I always wanted PWG run a Trial Series for Malachi, where Malachi just gets put in matches against guys who will squash him badly, it be the perfect way to bring in or bring back certain guys to PWG as well
El Asian

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:31 am

El Asian wrote:
Meltman wrote:Honestly, as a fan I wish there would be more random debuts. But I understand their side because there's such a limited # of shows and quality matters.

I agree, I miss the random debuts as well, kinda hope to see those back or something and in another thread, you brought up Beef Wellington, that would be a guy I wouldn't mind in PWG as he's still active, personally I'd say bring him and bring back Disco Machine and put those 2 together, given that they are both Excalibur's former tag partners as well

also, Madvillain brought back Sky, I have no clue what's up with him, I actually thought he'd return have Seven but that never happened, also I actually would like to see Malachi return but I always wanted PWG run a Trial Series for Malachi, where Malachi just gets put in matches against guys who will squash him badly, it be the perfect way to bring in or bring back certain guys to PWG as well

I'd Like to See Beef Wellington as well, I saw a match between him and Colt Cabana, it was thee most entertaining thing I have ever seen. The fans in PWG would appreciate this match.

Also Yes Bring Malachi back, he needs to return, how are you going to debut, get heat then turn it up and get fans behind you and then leave. Not cool!!! I was starting to enjoy his matches a lot too!!! Bring him back!!!!

And as I said before, and I'll say it again, BRING BACK PAC!!!!! BRING BACK JACK EVANS!!!!! BRING BACK TEDDY HART!!!!

Also bring in Allison Danger, Mia Yim and few other females.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Meltman » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:47 am

^ Ageed 100% on PAC. I don't know why PWG hasn't used him yet when he's in America. PWG made PAC's name.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:11 pm

I think its safe to say Pac is the one guy everyone on this board can agree that should return soon

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:munenori sawa, hidaka, & or fujita jr hayato would be cool too.

agreed, especially Sawa at least

speaking of guys in Japan, particularly New Japan, I want Karl Anderson to make a return but bring in Giant Bernard with him for some tag matches, also Prince Devitt I like to see brought back, and a guy that just made his debut with NJPW that could be interesting to see PWG, MVP, if any of those 4 can be available from NJPW at least
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum